It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Story ***256 Year-Old Man***

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

thats alot of gifts to get

Anything can be BS, UFO's can be BS, religion can be BS, so can this. To pass it off as BS right away is silly without further investigation.

Sadly i think his secret died with him.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Remember that the chinese year is shorter then then the regular year. So he would not of been actually 250 some odd years.

Where did you get that gem of wisdom from????

Please tell me it was a joke!

[edit on 25-8-2009 by mckyle]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
i was only aware that they marked their calendar from the star of their civilization, and not based on JC like us. SO in their time the year is far older, nut not shorter.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
mutation in his telomeres.

2 cents

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The words 'Genetic mutation' are blinking in my head. It would be interesting to sample his DNA.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mckyle

lol well sure yoda did...but you're totally missing the point. You can't prove that we didn't live to be that old back in that time. However, I can agree I'm not tryin to live no 900 years in this society either. But in the time when we did live to be that old, it was for a whole different reason then gettin a job/career and paying bills and settleing down lol.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I wonder if there is some significance to the number itself. 256 divided by 4 is 64.

256:
en.wikipedia.org...(number)

256 is a composite number, with the factorization 256 = 28, which makes it a power of two.

* 256 is 4 raised to the fourth power. 256= 4x4x4x4

Because 256 is the number of items counting from zero to the highest 8-bit binary number (255) it often appears in computer applications (8-bit systems being extremely common) such as:

* The number of different values in one byte, which makes it the typical number of different values in each color channel of a digital color image (see color space encoding).
* The number of columns in a standard Microsoft Excel worksheet.
* The Split-Screen Level in Pacman
* It is the largest 3-digit number that is an 8th power. 2 to the 8th power.

Two hundred fifty-six is also:

* The number of characters in the new Braille 8-dot system.
* The number of counties in Texas.
* The number of characters in Mikhail Bulgakov's novel The Master and Margarita.
* An area code in Alabama.
* The number of regular season football games in the NFL and the number of picks in the NFL Draft.
* The frequency of Middle C in hertz under philosophical pitch.
* The number of the Amarna letter (EA256), which, according to David Rohl, was written by Ishbosheth and contains mentions of King David, Jesse, and Joab.
* The number of captured Viet Cong in a song "Three-Five-Zero-Zero" of Hair.
* The number of soldiers in the most basic unit of the Macedonian army.

64:
en.wikipedia.org...(number)

In mathematics

Sixty-four is the square of 8, the cube of 4, and the sixth power of 2. It is the smallest number with exactly seven divisors. It is the lowest positive power of two that is adjacent to neither a Mersenne prime nor a Fermat prime. 64 is the sum of Euler's totient function for the first fourteen integers. It is also a dodecagonal number and a centered triangular number.

Since it is possible to find sequences of 64 consecutive integers such that each inner member shares a factor with either the first or the last member, 64 is an Erdős–Woods number.

In base 10, no integer added up to its own digits yields 64, hence it is a self number.

64 is a superperfect number - a number such that σ(σ(n))=2n.

[edit] In science

* The atomic number of gadolinium, a lanthanide

[edit] Astronomy

* Messier object M64, a magnitude 9.0 galaxy in the constellation Coma Berenices, also known as the Black Eye Galaxy.

* The New General Catalogue object NGC 64, a barred spiral galaxy in the constellation Cetus

* The Saros number of the solar eclipse series which began on -832 April 11 and ended on 430 May 8. The duration of Saros series 64 was 1262.1 years, and it contained 71 solar eclipses.

* The Saros number of the lunar eclipse series which began on -801 August 9 and ended on 714 February 4. The duration of Saros series 64 was 1514.5 years, and it contained 85 lunar eclipses.

[edit] In other fields

Sixty-four is:

* In some computer programming languages, the size in bits of certain data types
* In chess or draughts, the total number of black (dark) and white (light) squares on the game board
* 64 is the name of the premier Russian chess magazine
* The code for international direct dial calls to New Zealand
* The designation of US Interstate 64, a freeway from Missouri to Virginia
* The designation of U.S. Route 64, a highway from Arizona to North Carolina
* The subject of the Beatles song "When I'm Sixty-Four"
* The registry of the U.S. Navy's aircraft carrier USS Constellation (CV-64)
* The number of Braille characters in the old 6-dot system
* In 8-bit home computers, a common shorthand for the Commodore 64
* In video games, the Nintendo 64 video game console and (historically) the Commodore 64. Since 1996, the number 64 has been an abbreviation or slang for Nintendo 64 (though N64 is more common)
* The maximum number of strokes in any Chinese character
* Number of hexagrams in the I Ching
* Number of sexual positions in the Kama Sutra
* Number of demons in the Dictionnaire Infernal
* Slang term referring to a 1964 Chevrolet Impala, often configured as a lowrider, a popular subject among early-90's gangsta rap and today very popular in Dirty South H-Town rap, eg. by rappers such as Paul Wall, Mike Jones, etc.
* The number of classical arts listed in many Indian scriptures. They include: singing, dancing, painting, poetry, playing cards, making arguments, making flower garlands, etc.
* The number of the French department Pyrénées-Atlantiques
* The amount of crayons in the popular Crayola 64 pack
* Base 64 is used for example with Base64 encoding.
* 64 (dog) is a character in the Donald Duck comics universe

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

I wouldn't say he was 900, because he wasn't in our first minor cycle of third density. It was only until our species didn't continue in the spiritual persuit. Instead, became bellicose/lazy with life and started waring with our brothers and then enslavement and control brought us to the age group were in now only living to be roughly 100 if we are extremely lucky ,and that is the same time line moses was in. The last minor cycle is the one we are in now and which moses was in when he was alive. Please don't hesitate to jam me up on this.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by maus80

hehe yes, actually when i looked at his age i instantly thought of my old computer which only had 256 MB of ram

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
China actually had pretty good record-keeping, even during the times when Europe barely had any records to keep. It's not beyond credence that someone born in 1677 could still have records on him more than 200 years later.

The question of whether anyone lived that long is, of course, another story. Hard to believe, but... I don't think there's any theoretical reason why people *can't* live for hundreds of years. It's just that they don't seem to do it very often.

There is a disease called progeria, in which a child basically dies of old age. The unfortunate kid seems to be born normally, but during early childhood begins to show signs of old age - arthritis, dry skin, balding, etc. The child may die by the age of 5 or 10, looking exactly like a small old person. Something obviously went wrong with the body's aging system, the body's "timer".

So, why couldn't this happen in reverse, once in a while? Instead of someone prematurely dying of old age, why not someone who simply doesn't seem to age that much, or takes his time doing it? If someone can die of old age in 1 fifth of the usual lifetime, why can't someone occasionally live five times the usual span?

Not saying anyone actually did this, just saying that I could at least imagine how such a thing might take place.

In China there are legends of the "Immortals", a few Taoist monks whose diet, spiritual practices and (I think) alchemy gave them the ability to last thousands of years. I wonder if there are some other long-lived people around who are smart enough to remain unknown.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

I don't think science knows enough to say whether or not living that long is possible. Certainly genetic mutations can have a strong impact on a person.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by theonlyrusty

You clearly did not understand my post. I'm simply being realistic here. Living a thousand years might be exciting in a so called perfect world, for one that world will never exist. Which is why the world is what you make of it. My point about outliving your grandchildren was to point out how sad it would be for that person. Trust me, if you outlived your kids, your grand kids, your great grandchildren, all of your friends, your spouse (s) you will be sad and alone within a generation you have nothing in common with. Most people in their 70s and up are ready for the next step anyway, imagine at 256.

You can have a happy fulfilled life that ended at 50 but you can have a lonely and boring existence if you are 200. We are born and we die, it doesn't matter how short or long your clock is, eventually you will die. Yes, it is very true that people who wish to live forever are afraid of death. You strike me as one of them. It's ok. I used to be afraid of death until I have witnessed and nearly experienced it myself. I'm at a point in my life that if I died tomorrow, then that's how it's going to be. So I have no idea why you are lecturing me to be relaxed, I don't really understand you there. After re-reading my post, I don't see where I was hysterical, upset, anxious, etc. Perhaps you just felt like giving such advice because that's your mood today.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by phi1618

I personaly want to live forever.

If i gained immortality i wouldnt tell anyone. Id just live in obscurity giving help to all those that deserve it. Being empathic makes an eternity of giving and helping VERY VERY attractive.

The only downside to that my friend is that if all of your empathy bundled together can't stop a nuclear war, there will be no one here but yourself to decend into madness while you contemplate creative ways to end your own life when we all are gone.

I like the idea of helping people and having an unlimited time to do it, unfortunately if you have that ability and someone in higher echelons finds out, you might as well be a beef steak ready for the carving. Our generals would love immortal soldiers after all. It's unfortunate, but true.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Darth Lumina

You clearly did not understand my post....

Obviously not.
I musta been watching, The Green Mile or something.

My mind was intrigued by your post and I was only making observations.

No advice was being given...just sarcastic humor. Was not meant to offend.

Live long and prosper...

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by mckyle

Sorry! I am guily of PWS. Posting while sleepy.

Their birthdays are a little bit shorter. Actually their calendars are complicated at best.

but when a child is born, they are considered a year old. That is what I am thinking of.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
maybe he had Elven DNA haha. ok on a serious note your only as old as you feel. im 32 and look 22 the only reason for this is that i dont let things get to me, stress will kill you every time. just relax its not worth the hassle.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
It had to do with eating herbs not animals. I too would need more hard evidence to believe a human being could live that long. As for me I would not personally want to be on this planet that long.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by theonlyrusty

No you didn't offend me, I was just a little confused with your post. Thanks for clearing up and sorry for the misunderstanding. I do that sometimes to, i'll write a reply to someone while doing something else, and then i read what i wrote later and nothing makes sense. lol

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by phi1618
hehe living to be 200 in this age of hustle and bustle doesnt sound so appealing

The world is what you make it.

If you left the hustle and bustle for a remote location away from
any country that is likely headed for war, then you would find
peace and quiet.

You have to get away from the sea of humanity that is wrapped
up in the social demoralization and depravity.

The bread and circuses of the time of Rome come to mind.

To not die in the fall of Rome, simply do not be there.

To not suffer the stress, anxiety, and rat race life style simply
step away from it.

Even here in the US the Mennonites, Quakers, and Amish find
a way to live at peace and their children do not have the same
level of autism that city folk do.

Funny coincidence that.

Peace of mind can be found, but only if you look in the right places.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Thank you Euri - forgive me for asking the obvious -- but is/has anyone figured out how to switch the toggles???

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join