It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Death Panel"?? Nah, now Palin's facebook is promoting the "Death Book"!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Would it matter to you if Robert Duval posted this on his facebook page?

Well...let's see. Not really a comparison. Have to think of someone else, for an apple-to-apple example.

BUT, it's really about the machine behind it, right? You mentioned that the facebook could be handled completely by a staff member (not your words, but seemed the point when mentioning President Obama's MySpace mistakes --- is that made up?? Weird, if true. Especially since his B-Day was just weeks ago...)

Where was I? Oh, the machine. Is she not her own person?? IF the right-wing is using her, via a facebook site, does she not have any say in it at all? Or, is she complicit? Part of her "job", or a requirement for any further aspirations she may have. "Playing Ball", I think it might be called.

In any case, it's not really just that it is HER...kinda funny, but mostly sad, because the information that spewed is flat WRONG and misleading.

SO, if it was Alec Baldwin, or...who's a right-wing celeb? Charleton Heston. (If alive). It's still dirty politics to spread disinfo, regardless of Party.

Seems the Right is way desperate, in this "debate".

Plenty of sleazy Democrats guilty too...it's about calling them on it.

Not very clear, tonight, too tired, atm.

[edit on 25 August 2009 by weedwhacker]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

So that would be a no, it would not bother you.

I still missed the part where you showed that what she says or does since her resignation is relevant. Which was the point of my whole post.

Oh well, I will check back in the morning to see if you what you came up with that shows that anything that she says is relevant in politics.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Ermmmm....you don't believe she still has a following?

She certainly has fans here on ATS!!

Seen lots of glowing assessments. Some are anxiously awaiting a "comeback". SO, I'm not buying the "I'm-just-a-housewife-now" ploy, if that's the face they're trying to put on her, currently.

Seen her fan-blog?? "Women for Sarah Palin". In the OP....

[edit on 25 August 2009 by weedwhacker]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Sarah Palin is a private citizen. She has every right to say what she wants.

You guys should get a life and stop following her every word. Don't worry, she won't shoot you with her moose rifle.

God I wish she would...

I wouldn't blame you for willing it either.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Having a following is a far cry from being relevant in the world of politics.

Who knows, maybe in a couple of years she will make a comeback. She will become relevant then. As of right now she is a house wife.

I should have checked back tomorrow as I said I would. I will give you another chance and won't respond or check back for your answer until tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Sure...just tell that to the increased troop levels in Afghanistan.:shk:

If your buddy, Dubya, had sent the appropriate number of troops to begin with instead of engaging in a colonialistic war in Iraq, the troops would be home by now. I am guessing through your opposition to increased troop levels that you want Al-qaeda and the Taliban to regain their pre-9/11 strength and ability.

As for Palin, even as a private citizen, she's putting her two cents out there, so it is quite acceptable for those with differing opinions to counter her uninformed tripe.

Now, back to the topic at hand, the VA's Your Life, Your Choices: Planning for Future Medical Decisions booklet, now that I've read it, it seems quite clear that the right is absolutely engaged in a disinformation smear campaign. This booklet clearly only gives advice on living will questions. It in no way encourages vets to pull a 'Kevorkian'. I suggest that those who are opposed actually take the time to read the damn thing before spouting utter tripe. It is apparent that Palin didn't bother to! It also has absolutely nothing to do with the current healthcare debate, which the right seems to be linking it to. It was also authored during peacetime in 1997, long before 9/11, the Afghan War or the Iraq Occupation.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I guess you're demanding a specific answer to this question:

Would it matter to you if Robert Duval posted this on his facebook page?

I thought my other replies were pretty clear, but if you need specifics, yes if Robert Duval made hay about something that is blatantly incorrect, promoting it as if true, and chose to poke the hornet's nest with such fear mongering.

NO ONE should be allowed to do that, without drawing criticism.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

You still stuck on good ole Duval, how many times you going to answer that question instead of addressing the point of my posts?

If you ignored it for so long you no longer remember what it was, I will remind you again.

She is no longer relevant in the world of politics.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

By your logic, Rush Limbaugh isn't relevant in the world of politics either. Of course, anyone who is sane and did not go to school on a short bus while wearing a helmet would tell you that ole Rushy is quite relevant, and influential to the drooling masses that listen to the ole windbag religiously. One does not have to be a politician to be politically relevent, just have a political following, which the moose hunting hockey mom most definitely does.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Rush is a political commentator now isn't he. Palin has retired from politics, she has taken herself away from the game.

Now tell me again how what she says is relevant in the world of politics?

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

OH? Then that was a question??

Oh, is she relevant in politics? Yes. It's obvious, I think I've answered that already, and I'm repeating myself here.

Sarah Palin has a core group of fans, and she can do no wrong in their eyes. She is a Fmr. Governor of a state. That will always be on her resume'. The circumstances of her leaving office? That was played as a sob story, "Oh poor me against the Big, Bad Media". Boo hoo.

She is keeping her nose in, pressed up against the window glass. Sniffing the air, so to speak.

She's not in the spotlight as before, but still lurking.

And, I doubt she's any smarter in terms of foreign affairs, or even domestic affairs for that matter.

1. "As for that VP talk all the time, I'll tell you, I still can't answer that question until somebody answers for me what is it exactly that the VP does every day?" --Sarah Palin
------------------------------
2. "I've been so focused on state government, I haven't really focused much on the war in Iraq." --Sarah Palin

Can't find the one about there being a "Department of Law" in the White House, or in the US Government....just heard that one the other day.

This thread IS about Palin, as an instigator, or at least as contributor, to the "Death Book" brouhaha. AND about her disingenuousness, in that regard, for helping spread the disinfo. Recall the same sort of behavior the other time, the "Death Panels".

Didn't she actually appear in the NEWS because of that?

Palin - Obama's 'Death Panel' Could Kill My Down Syndrome Baby

Gosh....more I look, maybe she's trying for 'Maverick' status again! Seein' what'll work?

Even Fox News' Neil Cavuto called her out on THAT!!

Seems pretty 'relevant' to me.......

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Around and around we go.

Just because she has a following does not mean she is relevant to the world of politics.

Jesse Ventura has a following who each election wants him to run. Does that mean he is relevant to the world of politics?

Just because a few people find a persons opinion relevant does not mean they are. Manson has a following, but for all intents and purposes he is irrelevant.

But with all people who hang on to a false idea for the sake of arguing, I will leave you with these words and not bother with you in the future.

You are right.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Well....you used Robert Duval for some reason, probably just a name at random, using 'celebrity' as a criteria?

It occured to me to ponder, and ask, about former Governor Mike Huckabee? Is HE relevant? Bill Richardson? They both ran for the White House, as did palin...albeit they aspired higher, but that;snot her fault.

Point is, each of them were generally obscure, known in their home states, until entering (being thrust) onto the National stage.

ONCE THERE, and having had a taste of it, I see the relevance remaining.

Give her more time....Huckabee and Richardson (and others) haven't shied away, because of defeat.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140.

But with all people who hang on to a false idea for the sake of arguing, I will leave you with these words and not bother with you in the future.

Hey, would it be asking to much for you to extend me the same courtesy?

Thanks in advance!!
whaaa

Topic......www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 25-8-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Around and around we go.

Just because she has a following does not mean she is relevant to the world of politics.

Jesse Ventura has a following who each election wants him to run. Does that mean he is relevant to the world of politics?

Just because a few people find a persons opinion relevant does not mean they are. Manson has a following, but for all intents and purposes he is irrelevant.

You are right.

In case you missed it.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Ummm... Since she stated that one of the reasons she resigned was that she could effect more change as a private citizen, she kept herself in the game. Then add the fact that she is still sharing her political opinions, she remains relevant.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Sarah Palin is simply a waste of the air she breathes. How can anyone find offense with this booklet? It simply is a guide to help you decide which treatments to accept (or not) in the case you are no longer able to make those decisions. This is something every responsible person should go through, creating a living will with healthcare directives.

Everything the conservatives bring up these days just makes them look stupid to anyone who has a brain.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

As for Palin, even as a private citizen, she's putting her two cents out there, so it is quite acceptable for those with differing opinions to counter her uninformed tripe.

Countering her views is one thing. It is what we look for....debate.

Commenting on her hairstyle, and otherwise making personal remarks about her is not what we look for.

Skeptic Overlord just had a huge thread about just that type of personal sniping on the political arena. Apparently not all people have read it, however.

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Commenting on her hairstyle, and otherwise making personal remarks about her is not what we look for.

Absolutely! That just shows the lack of knowledge or intelligence of the debater. It matters not what she looks like, etc., but it is what she says that is the core of debate concerning the former Governor. Holy Crap! Did we just agree again??? LOL!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join