It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu madness reaching 100%

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Fact: Making the jump from animal-to-person to person-to-person transmission is a rare skill for a flu virus to "learn." This ability makes H1N1 swine flu potentially dangerous—and makes the concern about it a bit different from the worries over bird flu, which has yet to make such a transition.

Human-to-human transmission is a big part of why public health officials are pouring resources into swine flu and why they want you to be aware that the virus is out there.

That said, experts like Johns Hopkins's Pekosz and RTI's Layton say there's currently no reason to lock yourself up in the house.

For one thing, the cases outside Mexico have been no more serious than your average flu bug. Right now, nobody is sure why that is. And while the severity of the symptoms could increase, Pekosz said there's not really an immediate, serious threat to individuals within the United States.

"However," he said, "it certainly merits the public paying attention, and it warrants the public health efforts that have been going on in terms of monitoring and research."

news.nationalgeographic.com...

Fact fighting fiction: In a typical flu season, 30,000 or more American deaths are attributed to seasonal flu. Fewer than two dozen swine flu-related deaths worldwide have been reported as of spring 2009. While the swine flu could become a more deadly flu, the high level of awareness and the steps people are taking to prevent its spread may keep it from becoming nearly so deadly as seasonal flu.

patients.about.com...

I want to first thank all the people that have started threads about H1N1. Information is a weapon we all need. But as I've said before, there will not be an issue when it comes to getting the vaccination because the media will have us all fighting for the first, second, third shot.

As part of the largest free thinkers on the planet WE have a responsibility to rein in our concerns about this flu and not let the media drag us by the nose. The CDC, WHO stopped counting who had the flu back in May of this year. Not two months from its onset, they decided not to track it.

www.nytimes.com...

Now they push the panic button? You have to reasonably ask yourself, why. They don't even have data to correlate the trash they are throwing out. They thought it too unimportant at the time.

Threads already about, school indoctrinations, (nice by the way), correlation to 1918 outbreaks (also good research), and these current ones about 50% of the population getting the bug.

Think.

Calm down.

Have a nice scotch, I am.

Let's BE the intellectual people we know we are.

Deny Ignorance.

Thank you, and thanks to all who have contributed to this issue.

Mike

[edit on 24-8-2009 by mikerussellus]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Thanks Mike. Lots of good info here. It helps to have a voice of calm in the midst of the storm. Education it seems, is key, like just about everything else. I appreciate you putting this stuff within easy reach for us.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

We're all smart enough to realize this. We are all human, however, and fall prey to the media hype. They trickle information out and watch us drool like Pavlov's dogs.

Just takes a reminder to use the common sense we all have.

Thanks for replying.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I knew someone who had the swine flu, he stayed in bet ate top ramen watched movies and got better.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

Exactly. My wife and I racked up a HUGE bill watching pay-per-view movies.

But we got better.

[edit on 24-8-2009 by mikerussellus]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I want to see some timeline how the US has viewed this flu from the start. I think that somebody who has been keeping up to date with this virus may have one or could create one more easily.

I just think this is being hyped to benefit many individuals, issues, or companies.

$$$$$$$$

Supply and demand. The supply isn't there. Demand will push the price up.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I'm currently having a good stout bourbon(Wild Turkey 101) as I contemplate this. In fact, I have contemplated this quite a bit since the swine flu appeared in Mexico in the spring. Flu viruses don't do well in warm climates such as Mexico city, where it first appeared. Viruse do well in cooler weather, like we have in November through March. That's why you see higher infection rates are seen in those months, and why we start giving flu vaccine in October; it gives the body time to develope antibodies.
However, the flu virus that was detected in Mexico, now commonly known as the swine flu, is actually a merging of human, swine, and avian flu strains, something that has never, as far as we know, happened before.
I was discussing this with a doctor and he quoted odds of like a billion to one. What we have to do, is wait for cool weather, when people are congrated indoors, and see what happens.
In the mean time, I think I'll have another drink.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Well said. I'd star ya' more if I could. We need to start thinking outside the box on this.

We have been REacting, instead of acting.

But then again, they have orchistrated this beautifully.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

-cheers, same here, only it's Dewar's White label-

This is the type of critical thinking we need.

Ask enough questions and you'll be bound to get the answers you need.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Yessir. I believe it'll make plenty $$$$$ for pharma.

Oh, and can't forget congressmen that have stock in the drug companies.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by orderedchaos
reply to post by jam321

Yessir. I believe it'll make plenty $$$$$ for pharma.

Oh, and can't forget congressmen that have stock in the drug companies.

How? Any way to track it? Don't members of congress have to disclose stock ownership? THIS is the critical thinking I am talking about!!

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Sorry, I was just going by articles that I read a while ago. Here's something...

www.todaysseniorsnetwork.com...

I could dig deeper, but there's not much point. I'd be surprised if congress disclosed anything. For me, personally, it's clear. In eight years, any one who is any one has cleaned up.

1). Oil barons
2). war machine
3). bank industry
4). auto industry
5). pharmaceutical industry

If congress does indeed hold stock in these areas, they have and will make mucho $$$$.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by orderedchaos

The object is to get more people thinking critically. Thank you for your input. If we can get even more people to question these issues rather than "toe the media line" and actually use the data avaliable to us as well as research on our own, we can actually decipher what they want to do with this.

Media is into fear-mongering. But to what end?

I will admit that there is a flu virus out there.

The rest? Nothing but speculation initiated to spread fear and panic among the populace.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Star and flag!

Swine flu news has really blown up all over the net in the last couple of days. There's a reason for it, there always is and it usually has nothing to do with good stuff for the little guy.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Johnny rosin up your bow and play your fiddle hard.................

new topics

top topics

join