It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Releases Documents Fmr. Vice President Cheney Requested Be Made Public

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

CIA Releases Documents Fmr. Vice President Cheney Requested Be Made Public

abcnews.go.com

The CIA released the documents today that former Vice President Dick Cheney requested earlier this year in an attempt to prove his assertion that using enhanced interrogation techniques on terror detainees saved U.S. lives.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

The documents back up the Bush administration's claims that intelligence gleaned from captured terror suspects had thwarted terrorist attacks, but the visible portions of the heavily redacted reports do not indicate whether such information was obtained as a result of controversial interrogation techniques, such as waterboarding.

So no support for the claim that torture was necessary, how stunning I would have never seen that coming.

One of the CIA documents, entitled "Detainee Reporting Pivotal for the War Against al-Qaeda," and written June 3, 2005, says "detainee reporting has become a crucial pillar of U.S. counterterrorism efforts, aiding intelligence and law enforcement operations to capture additional terrorists, helping to thwart terrorist plots, and advancing our analysis of the al-Qaeda target."

The report is heavily redacted and, at times, it is unclear which detainees are being discussed. At no point does the report describe intelligence gained as result of enhanced interrogation techniques.

Oh well, sorry Cheney I guess these dont' back you and your torture policy after all.

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
...have you ever watched ray mcgovern's interviews?... he was cia for decades - very interesting man... has a few tattles on cheney and this topic... i'd fetch the videos for ya but i've got a singing boxer demanding my attention (supper time)...

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Wow...he said in the video that we tortured someone that lead to the aversion of a terrorist attack, which included the unfastening of a railroad tie to cause a train derailment. That is the weakest terrorist act I think I've ever heard. Sounds more like a juvenile plot, that could be potentially fatal, but couldn't be controlled even if we caught one person in the act. That risk has always existed and that is why railroad crews inspect tracks regularly.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Yes, inherent risks we accept for modern convenience. These are facts of life.

The most dangerous thing in the world, currently, is the automobile. I'm pretty sure it kills and injures more people than anything else, that we created at least.

Trains and planes, obviously more risk involved, as even the most minute overlooked detail can cause total disaster.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks
...have you ever watched ray mcgovern's interviews?... he was cia for decades - very interesting man... has a few tattles on cheney and this topic... i'd fetch the videos for ya but i've got a singing boxer demanding my attention (supper time)...

haha, boxers, the dogs that are more like two dogs!

Originally posted by SyphonX
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Yes, inherent risks we accept for modern convenience. These are facts of life.

The most dangerous thing in the world, currently, is the automobile. I'm pretty sure it kills and injures more people than anything else, that we created at least.

Trains and planes, obviously more risk involved, as even the most minute overlooked detail can cause total disaster.

I'd say chemicals are the most dangerous. Or nuclear weapons. And I think you will see more proof of both as time goes on, sadly.

top topics

join