It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Africa to Seek Billions in Climate Change Compensation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Africa to Seek Billions in Climate Change Compensation

www.voanews.com

The African Union is considering a proposal to demand at least $67 billion a year in environmental damages from developed countries at the Copenhagen Climate summit in December. Africa is seeking a common position to increase its bargaining power in Copenhagen.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Is this for real? Why don't they just give me $1000 and I'll go over to Africa and tell them global warming isn't happening, I don't mean to sound mean or anything but why should Africa get compensation anyway, it's not exactly our fault Africa is on the equator and we developed a little bit quicker than they did, is it?
I do understand how they must feel if they actually do believe in all the AGW stuff, visions of a future must look pretty hopeless but if I was them Id use my resources (which they do have plenty of) and build a future.

www.voanews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
why not jsut come out and admit you are a racist. if anyone deserves money its Africa.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by STFUPPERCUTTER

What??? Racist??? What has race got to do with anything? Its a know fact Africa has all materials it needs to build what they need, they just need to charge the right price for their produce instead of letting things go too cheaply.
I am defiantly not racist when half of my family are of African origin MR STFUPPERCUTTER.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I dont think that Africa deverses a darn cent from any country in the world. They should pay us for holding us back trying to keep peace in their various underdeveloped and violent/dangerous countries. America is always out protecting and serving other countries when we damn well dont have to be. We are the World Police (which is a great movie by the way).

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Yes, Africa needs the support of the rest of the world...but in an intelligent, honest fashion.

The basis of this plea is nothing more than a scam and a lie. The UN has all sorts of tricks up its sleeve while hiding behind the green cloak of "global warming". It's only just begun.

The really sad thing is 90% of the public buys into this and plays right along. Get ready for carbon credits, cap and trade and whatever else they can think of. Utter insanity.

My beautiful grandchildren are black, by the way. Not that that matters one hoot.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Most of Africa is run by corrupt governments who have stifled and hobbled development. Many countries in Africa are impoverished because of the way they are run.

I would support an increase in aid to Africa to help spur development and the alleviation of poverty, where thousands die every day from preventable disease and malnutrition. However, I would only support this where governments are able to demonstrate that the money is being spent on development for the common good – rather than feathering their own nests. There are too many examples of Africans subsisting on food hand-outs while their governments fly around in private jets and bank billions.

Africa will never reach its full potential unless it is governed properly. Please don't blame colonialism or slavery, they happened generations ago. Time to move on.

Regards

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Of course they deserve compensation. It is the developed world that has created an international problem. This is a global community if out governments cannot control our use of resources and it affecting less developed nations then we have a duty to pay! The affects of climate change effect the poorest people first. Please cut out on the selfish remarks posted above and have some compassion for other human beings. The world does not have to run on greed we can do so much better.
As for the remarks about Afria needing to be governed propely . Look at history and show me one Africancountry that has not interfered with by the west. The west care about Africa and our system of trade does a good job at keeping them under the thumb.
Me not gona point at anyone but there are some real dumb ass selfish peeps on this site, dat really need 2 get jst a little education and understanding of the world

kx

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by kingoftheworld
I dont think that Africa deverses a darn cent from any country in the world. They should pay us for holding us back trying to keep peace in their various underdeveloped and violent/dangerous countries. America is always out protecting and serving other countries when we damn well dont have to be. We are the World Police (which is a great movie by the way).

Are you for real?
America is the cause of so many of the problems in the world. You only stick you finger in the pie when you are trying to get something out. Protecting other countries? What! Are you on glue? America hat present is the most aggressive nation on the earth. Who else in going around the world threatening and invading other peoples countries....
You probably think that the Japenese started the war with America, the the Vietmanesse were the aggressors, that Sadam was freinds with bin laden, that Bin laden was in a cave in Afghanistan.

You are wrong, put down youre state provided history book, turn off you state controlled news. Go and do some real learning for yourself and stop being such a sheeple

walk deeply my freind, life is short!
kz

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
As for the remarks about Afria needing to be governed propely . Look at history and show me one Africancountry that has not interfered with by the west. The west care about Africa and our system of trade does a good job at keeping them under the thumb.
Me not gona point at anyone but there are some real dumb ass selfish peeps on this site, dat really need 2 get jst a little education and understanding of the world

You see, blaming the west for Africa's woes. Africa needs to get itsself sorted out. The west has poured aid into Africa for decades and the only discernable effect has been the enrichment of the politcal elite.

Why throw more money at Africa with zero effect?

I am all for Africa being sorted out and abhor the poverty and need, but in the same breath, I abhor the corruption and abuse.

Regards

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Another example how global warming is nothing more than a hoax to make money from it.

The only ones that will be making money in Africa from compensation are the ruling class.

Get it people Global warming is a very soon to become a very profitable hoax.

top topics

join