It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ThePirateBay.Org ISP Ordered To “Shut It Down”

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
they already cloned TPB HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scooby Doo
In regards to the topic I wonder who will acquire the domain name once it becomes available to the public and what the will do with it? Continue the PirateBay legacy?

This is where it gets interesting. GGF will in all likelihood aquire TPB and its domain as planned (despite the financial irregularities). The real question is, who's pulling GGF's strings because untill the news a few weeks ago I'd never heard of them and I've been a gamer forever and quite involved in the torrent scene for several years. They are either a front, or they are a middle man, and whoever the buyer is I'd wager that it will be the media industry who ends up owning The Pirate Bay.

There is also some very interesting rumours about Peerialism (who are already working with TPB), and what their involvement actually means in this whole deal, but people should probably research that for themselves.

[edit on 25-8-2009 by quackers]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
They are back up again with a new ISP

We have some issues with some fibres that was broken. Didn't know before we had to try them out. Thanks for helping us find the issues in our setup. *Kisses* Back online in a few hours. For now you can find torrents at Google
See, we're nice people, always helping!

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Looks like they will be back soon

We have some issues with some fibres that was broken. Didn't know before we had to try them out. Thanks for helping us find the issues in our setup. *Kisses* Back online in a few hours. For now you can find torrents at google. See, we're nice people, always helping!

That's what the homepage is now showing.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by quackers

I heard the deal with GGF was almost not happening now, trying to find the article at the moment about it.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jubjub
They are back up again with a new ISP

that was quick

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Mod Edit: Please see my edit in your post earlier in this thread.

[edit on 25-8-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Good. Now there's less source of distraction. People should start doing other things like, I don't know, thinking?

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
whos talking illegal activity huh? people just may want to share theyr pics or fanfics....XD
they cant stop nothing!
shame that demonoid is with invites only,and no one gives invites ):
they cant stop nothing! theres mininova,theres zamunda,therez arena,theres demonoid,theres isohunt..and they all can get a new isp,they have backups,sorry government bastards

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
The reason 'they' went after ThePirateBay is because TPB put up a file containing the exact playlist of songs that the defendant in a prominent piracy lawsuit is being sued for like $25k a song or some stupid amount. (the story is here on ATS somewhere) TPB basically gave the finger to the recording industry and the industry was not impressed.

I'm not going to advocate or admit to any illegal behaviour here, but I am against this decision. While torrents are predominantly used for illegal activities, there are legal downloads as well. Shutting these guys down won't do anything anyway; there are many other torrents sites out there.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
These legal cases take forever. I think this one started long before the Capitol v. Thomas case concluded. If anything annoyed them, it was the Media Defender email leak on tpb. If I'm not mistaken Media Defender has gone out of business. Now that's funny.

[edit on 25-8-2009 by quackers]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
According to the TPB's index page, they will be up again soon - so it's not the end! These guys are survivors!

They state:

We have some issues with some fibres that was broken. Didn't know before we had to try them out. Thanks for helping us find the issues in our setup. *Kisses*

Back online in a few hours.

For now you can find torrents at google. See, we're nice people, always helping!

Btw - Black Internet is not even the ISP of TPB. It's the ISP for the ISP of TPB!

The case is now about Assisting with assisting with assisting of eventual copyright infringement and it's getting old.

IRM

[edit on 25/8/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
TPB is back on-line! This is their latest blog entry.

The good people at the MAFIAA decided to sue. Not TPB, not the owners of TPB. Not even TPBs ISP. They decided to sue TPBs ISPs ISP.

And you know what? They won. They made a court believe their #lies and they made them force the ISPs ISP to shut down access to TPB.

TPB can be compared to the organisation that builds the roads for cars to drive on. The ISP can be compared to the organisation that creates the asphalt for the roads. The ISPs ISP can be compared to the organisation that creates the tools needed to the asphalt to be created. You would normally not sue that organisation if a car speeds.

The MAFIAA has spent millions of dollars and endless amounts of time to get this ban in order. Our guess is that they also bribed a bit to get it since it violates so many laws not only in Sweden but also in the EU, not to mention violations against human rights. And what do they have to show for it? 3 hours of partial downtime.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by quackers

Most likely it just changed it's name, address, and contact information to avoid legal problems for doing investigation work in states where it doesn't hold an investigators license.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SpacePunk

Seems you would be correct;

Link

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
New post on the pirate bay blog, it brought a tear to my eye!

We have, ourselves, full confidence that if all do their duty, if nothing is neglected, and if the best arrangements are made, as they are being made, we shall prove ourselves once more able to defend our Internets, to ride out the storm of war, and to outlive the menace of tyranny, if necessary for years, if necessary alone.

Even though large parts of Internets and many old and famous trackers have fallen or may fall into the grip of the Ifpi and all the odious apparatus of MPAA rule, we shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the ef-nets and darknets, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Internets, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the baywords.org, we shall fight on the /. and on the digg, we shall fight in the courts; we shall never surrender, and if, which I do not for a moment believe, the Internets or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the Anon Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in Cerf's good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old.

Signed;

The Pirate Bay Crew - Always when needed.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
This picture on their frontpage

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/09c7e97ea51a.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
the pirate bay frikkin rules xaxaxaxax xD
rock on pirates arrggg!power to the people!

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Jubjub

They are actually having that t-shirt made at the moment.

Here's the blog entry.

The t-shirt

The t-shirt on the frontpage is actually being made right now. It will be sent to the enemy frontline.

We also suggest that someone raise a fund for Black Internet so that they can decide to fight the decision from Stockholms tingsfel. Talk to them and do something about it.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Jubjub

As of now, that is my new desktop wallpaper! GO PIRATE BAY!!! I'm glad things worked out for them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join