It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA cameras "set up" for giant UFO

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Its a Bolide filmed from space, basically a large shooting star.
The camera was set to IR or some similar mode, and was locked on the lights of a city below. The camera is obviously tracking the city, not the bolide. Simply a matter of being in the right spot at the right time, as the object reentered.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

You know, you might be right......I am going to send a u2u to a member who knows QUITE a bit about meteors, we will see what he says...

We now await the reply (hopefully)....

EDIT: Also contacted our resident weather expert.

[edit on 8/24/2009 by jkrog08]

[edit on 8/24/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Hey Def ...

My only question with a bolide or even a plain old meteorite would be in reference to the object's speed. Of course that is also a matter of perspective.

Still ...

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
shhhh... don't say critters to many times , Jim Oberg will hear that

i can't say for sure what that ufo in the Op's video is , but there is somekind of phenomena being observed by Astronauts that NASA can't explain.

Wouldn't a good place to start be asking the witnesses? What have they already said about this video?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Jim , you and i have already discussed this.

maybe you just don't remember ? but go ahead and post your Musgrave info, somebody might believe it.

reply to post by jkrog08

The youtube video you showed says "STS-80", but it appears to leave out the most interesting part of the footage? Maybe I am just missing it,lol.

Hey Jkrog08 , it's just another part of the STS 80 mission

19 days of it, according to Wiki

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Yea, I read it on the nasa site

But I am just curious as to why that video did not show the most interesting part of the whole mission....

Anyways............I hope we can get some meteorological and meteor experts in here soon for the OP...

Because I honestly am torn between a type of rare lightening or meteor....

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

But I am just curious as to why that video did not show the most interesting part of the whole mission....

because it's from a different orbit revolution or day and you can only put so much video on a ten minute youtube video

could you imagine watching 19 day's of video ?

it's my opinion that the ufo in the Op is not "giant" and is closer to the shuttle than some might think. therefore i don't think the blue jet explanation is correct but who knows...
it's all speculation at this point .

[edit on 24-8-2009 by easynow]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
At 40 seconds into the video..........Take a look at the horizontal discharge.....It looks similar to the UFO in question.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by easynow

Jim , you and i have already discussed this.

maybe you just don't remember ? but go ahead and post your Musgrave info, somebody might believe it.

Cool. Easynow knows what Musgrave has said about the video, but he covers it up so as not to confuse his target audience. Thanks for the demonstration of your deception plan.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   

but he covers it up so as not to confuse his target audience

i have an audience ?

Thanks for the demonstration of your deception plan.

preposterous !

nice try at the spin zone but the real villan is NASA, they are the ones that have a deceptive plan not me.

Never A Straight Answer

dam i knew if we said critters to many times Oberg would show up

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   

i sure would love for Story Musgrave to show us some other video that proves what we are seeing is what he claims..."something ordinary"

but yet he also claims he doesn't even know what these objects are.

yea right

[edit on 25-8-2009 by easynow]

[edit on 25-8-2009 by easynow]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I always find these videos very intriguing. I personally believe that there may be some sort of organism that lives either at the extreme edges of our atmosphere or just outside it. It's almost always over thunderstorms or nearby that we see these 'UFOs'.

If you consider the recent discoveries on Earth where life has been found which was previously thought to not be possible. It all seems very plausible to me. Example they first said nothing could live near the thermal vents on the bottom of the ocean. Scientists soon found out it's teaming with life and not just bacteria but entire colonies of tube worms, crabs fish etc. Then they said nothing could live inside the thermal vents, but soon found out that there is actually life thriving inside the thermal vents themselves.

Whats to say that if life can live deep inside the most extreme parts of Earth that it can't live at the most extreme outside of it?

As to the object in the OP I agree with defcon5 that it's just dumb luck a meteoroid happen to be in the view of the camera.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Earth was / still is passing through the perseids meteor shower. Clip was uploaded Aug 24, there were still some meteor activity at that time.

Why would this be anything other than a meteor? NASA keeps track of alot of these things, and probably prepped their cameras to catch a big one.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Deran

Earth was / still is passing through the perseids meteor shower. Clip was uploaded Aug 24, there were still some meteor activity at that time.

you do realize the NASA STS-80 Space Shuttle Mission was in November &December of 1996 right ?

en.wikipedia.org...

Why would this be anything other than a meteor? NASA keeps track of alot of these things, and probably prepped their cameras to catch a big one.

do meteors have a swimming motion to them ?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Yeah, interesting footage you found there, but I'm not really convinced that it is a UFO or anything of that nature. My guess is just a type of lightning, especially considering that it seems to come from a staticly charged lightning cloud. So it's probably just releasing the static energy it has built up in some kind of ball form I suppose.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

with all due respect to whoever "made" this, the clip looks like it was shot in some type of liquid, not space...too wave like, too jittery, motion detail is all wrong for the enviorment of space...in my opinion this is a fake.

[edit on 25-8-2009 by jimmyx]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

Yeah, they look a bit odd to be satellites. Do you see after the large disc shape enters the shot, that there seems to be a lot of orb like objects come in from the left that seem to swarm the larger one? If those are satellites, they seem to be very interested in the larger object.

You watch, there will be an ice particle/ lens flare comment any moment.
I don't believe that because you can clearly see the object get farther from the camera and closer to earth. I also find it curious that there is a lot of shuttle footage where there are strange objects hovering above thunderstorms. Hmmm.....

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
OH SWEET GOD THE SPACE TRASH IS COMING!!!!!!
These "smoking gun" NASA videos are always so lame. For the last time, shooting stars and space trash are NOT UFOS. My opinion is that if you don't really know much about atmospheric phenomenon or the immediate space around the earth, it's probably best to keep your mouth shut about any video you see regarding said topics. You don't want to risk looking silly in front of the cool kids on the internet.

[edit on 25-8-2009 by mosesgunner]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mosesgunner

Thanks for pointing that out for all of us. No one ever told me that space trash moves in and out of the atmosphere without crashing to earth. News to me.

[edit on 25-8-2009 by sickofitall2012]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a) why is it IR? BW is ok, but IR looks like it's been tampered with.

b) we cannot judge distance between earth and cam or earth/cam and object ergo we have no idea how big or small it is.

c) could be a chunk of junk moved by thrusters of shuttle (this is common and accounts for all sorts of "ufos" in nasa vids which are actually ice and debris being fired around by the use of the thrusters to stabilize the ships orbit.)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join