It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA cameras "set up" for giant UFO

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Not sure what we have here, but it appears that this camera shot was set up to capture footage of the object that appears at 1:50, it's fast moving and spherical (as far as I can tell) Check it out any ideas?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
That was weird. We are talking about the thing at the end of the vid that streaks across the screen?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

Mmm, very interesting ...

Too slow for cloud to cloud lightning I think (typical lightning bolt moves at 224,000 mph) and travels a great distance.

[edit on 24 Aug 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Yes we are, and correct me if i'm wrong but the whole camera angle and focus appears to have been "eyeballing" this object.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Nice screen shot
Thanks for grabbing that I was just attempting it myself, any ideas? I don't think it's space debris or ice particle(s).

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I honestly don't know, but that means nothing cause I not smart.

I suppose it could be ball lightning, but even that is debated as to its existence.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Hey easynow, long time no see ...

I'm a little confused, the beginning of your video shows the same sequence as the OP and the rest look like thunderstorms to me.

What am I missing?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

lol the things entering in through the lightning.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying ...

Like I said I'm no expert, but other than the beginning of easynow's video which is the same as the OP's and for which I have no explanation, the rest of it seems to me like lightning filmed from space like this one but from a different angle:

Maybe I'm focusing on the wrong thing.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I wonder if this is something like a 'Gigantic jet'? www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 24-8-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

If you don't go forward in the video, you actually see "small" objects entering the atmosphere.

On the easynow video:

What the hell are those 3 dots in the right corner, beginning at 5:07 and forward? Do they fly in formation or something like that?

Is it possible that those are just sattelites in orbit? What about the blinking one?

[edit on 24/8/09 by Tifozi]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Hey Dog, wassup my friend ! yea long time no see

the beginning of the video i posted is where the Op's video left off. meaning the video has been edited and broken into different segments by secretnasaman. it is from the STS 80 mission.

yes there are some lightening storms being observed by NASA in the video. there are also some imo , unexplainable ufo's captured on video in this footage.

i believe they were watching these thunderstorms because from what i understand NASA was studying electrical sprites in the upper atmosphere.

www.nasa.gov...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

www.youtube.com...

either way the object in question in the Op's video is somekind of UFO. what it is , is up for debate. it could be one of those highly controversial......

........"plasma critters"

[edit on 24-8-2009 by easynow]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Looks to me like something that isn't visible until it hits the atmopshere then it sparks up and quickly flames out, a meteorite or some debris.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow

yes there are some thunderstorms being observed by NASA in the video. there are also some imo , unexplainable ufo's captured on video in this footage.

Oh ok, I see what you mean now ... I was focused on the flashes.

We're talking about the objects floating and moving around the thunderstorms.

either way the object in question in the Op's video is somekind of UFO. what it is is up for debate. it could be one of those highly controversial..

Critters.

Agreed, at least I for one can't identify what the heck it is.

Thanks for clarifying that easy, I'm a little slow with these things.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

We're talking about the objects floating and moving around the thunderstorms.

yes

most people believe it's just space debri being lit up by the sun because the shuttle is approaching or already in the terminator. that seems like a logical answer and i am sure most of these ufo's can be explained this way, however...

in my opinion, there are some objects in this STS80 video that can't be easily explained as just debri. just my opinion though

Critters.

Agreed, at least I for one can't identify what the heck it is.

Thanks for clarifying that easy, I'm a little slow with these things.

shhhh... don't say critters to many times , Jim Oberg will hear that

i can't say for sure what that ufo in the Op's video is , but there is somekind of phenomena being observed by Astronauts that NASA can't explain.

Martyn Stubbs --->aka (secretnasaman) found what he calls the "third phenomena" in the NASA videos. it's still unexplained as far as i know.

if your interested here is the video from Martyn Stubbs called...

UFO-The_Secret.NASA.Transmissions.The.Smoking.Gun

Google Video Link

it may seen boring at the beginning but it gets better towards the end.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
A type of lightening? Or meteor? I just do not think it is a alien spacecraft or anything like that... (Edited because at this point, after looking at the video about 50 times I am no longer comfortable in my original observation)

Lightening chart...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bc5c4f2beb1e.jpg[/atsimg]

Courtesy: en.wikipedia.org...

Reply to post by easynow

The youtube video you showed says "STS-80", but it appears to leave out the most interesting part of the footage? Maybe I am just missing it,lol.

Anyways here it is ...

Here is an interesting bit from STS-80. Some very interesting 'geometric conscious' ice crystals...

From this thread, posted by ATS member plop

Original snap shot...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/96ce6f716830.jpg[/atsimg]
Courtesy: deny.ignorance.perso.ce... ATel.net/images/sts80formation.jpg

Video clip....

Very interesting I will forgo any speculation, but as I said, very interesting in my opinion (and others).

Relevant discussion thread: The STS-80 Formation Over Africa

FYI, listen to Ozzy's "No More Tears" guitar solo when watching the OPs video,lol EPIC.

EDIT: LOL, sorry still adjusting to new browser...

[edit on 8/24/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Thanks all, great opinions. I tend to lean more to the ufo side of the buffet myself only due to the fact that I have seen one and took pictures, obviously not one's like the video presented, but I truly believe NASA knows more then they let on to. The object in question moves very fast and covers a great distance in a short amount of time, plus being spherical, ball lightning just doesn't seem a good fit? I'm not sure but I'll wait for some more insight as well.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
You are all observing a star. That is the usual explanation anytime trained observers see something that they swear is a craft of some sort.

Perhaps Venus being reflected in the swamp gas that seems to envelope the whole of our atmosphere.

Never a straight answer!

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I also believe NASA knows A LOT more than they let on, however..........In the case of the UFO in your OP I think it is is explained by "Blue Jet" lightening or similar high atmosphere type of electrical discharge, not Ball Lightening.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join