It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranians Seek Out Abuses By U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Iranians Seek Out Abuses By U.S.

www.washingtonpost.com

TEHRAN, Aug. 23 -- Iranian lawmakers voted overwhelmingly on Sunday for a bill creating a $20 million fund intended in part to expose human rights violations by the United States, the ILNA news agency reported.

Passage of the bill suggests the depth of mistrust that remains between the nations as Iran faces a September deadline to respond to President Obama's offer for talks. Iranian lawmakers said the legislation was in retaliation for what they consider similar action by the United States
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
If this is anymore than saber rattling among rivals it could get kind of ugly. International mudslinging can cause economic reprecusions that could damage an alread ailing economic situation.

On another note this kind of reminds me of two children who keep saying well he did it first or two kids that keep tattling up to bigger things to take the heat off of themselves.

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Iranians talking about human rights. Don't make me laugh. I'm surprised they can string the two words together!

I am sure the USA infringes some human rights, but they are not institutionalised nor on the the scale in Iran and at least within the USA there is justice to get redress.

Amnesty
HRW
Human Rights in Iran
Human Rights in Iran 2

Regards

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi
Iranians talking about human rights. Don't make me laugh. I'm surprised they can string the two words together!

I am sure the USA infringes some human rights, but they are not institutionalised nor on the the scale in Iran and at least within the USA there is justice to get redress.

What?? Do you live in America?? I'm basically running from security guards and cops here! Perhaps you live in a different city?? Or perhaps you are a non-black american that knows nothing about the true America.

On a typical day, I leave for work in the morning. After locking the door, I double check it, just to make sure it's locked. That's when the walkie talkie starts blaring from around the corner, and you can here the security guard saying "let me check this out" as you hear the feet running toward you. So it's a speedy walk to get out of the apartment building.

Okay, so I'm a little early for work, so I decide to walk downtown and grab something for lunch. So I go to a mall, make an order. Then a security guard comes in, gives me some mean looks, tries to pick a fight.

I ignore and go to the smoothie shop to catch a drink. I see the workers inside, so I figure that it's open. Unfortunately, when I check the door, it is chained shut and makes a loud sound. So I say forget the smoothie, and I go back to get my order in the mall since it should be ready by then. On my way out of the mall with my grub, walking past the smoothie place, there is a swarm of security guards with a smoothie place employee pointing at me saying "that's him".

And that's just a day I didn't get a gun shoved in my face by a security guard or a cop. Welcome to the real America, dummy.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I see it as since they don't want to look at all the human rights violations they commit every day.......

They will try to take their public's mind off that and their stolen election by pointing their finger at others.....

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I absolutely agree I'd like to see the prison systems for the people arrested after the Iranian election. This is pretty hilarious, I agree thier just trying to ruffle some feathers but lets be honest here... the Iranian government... talking about human rights????
I don't know if I should laugh or cry reminds me of hitler claiming human rights abuses... geez this is backwards.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

Ummm number 1, In my state TOY COPS aka security guards can't carry guns, number 2 I suggest moving from where you live if it's really "that" bad. I live in the not so great part of new bedford massachusetts and the general population here is either spanish or black and my friends around here aren't hassled daily if even once a year. Also are you bringing trouble to you??? Do you dress like a thug? Come on you description of life is laughable.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Also ever hear of a camcorder??? You should have your own island by now if these were the types of civil abuses you're recieving.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13

Also ever hear of a camcorder??? You should have your own island by now if these were the types of civil abuses you're recieving.

Yeah, I've thought about the secret camera, and then thought about how cheap I am. Being cheap probably isn't worth your life, though.

As far as dressing like a thug, I just wear a shirt and jeans. I don't intentionally try to dress like anything. If I try to get into a club, they'll say that my pants are "baggy", but I could swear they are not.

But even if I did dress like a thug, is this cause for targeting folks for a special type of treatment? Aren't you supposed to be free to do this in America?

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

What you describe is not "human rights" in the context of the discussion. You are describing a *hitty place to live. You should move town, state, country. You should take action to help yourself.

Don't call me a "dummy", mate. That's unnecessary.

Regards

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
If any of you had read "The President of Iran's Letter To President Bush" you would know that Iran is one of the only governments out there, who wants the people to know the truth about 9/11.

The President of Iran's Letter To President Bush
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

So who knows maybe it would be for the better.

But then again they are probably just throwing money out there and I am sure that people will be happy to take it.

September Eleven was a horrendous incident. The killing of innocents is deplorable and
appalling in any part of the world. Our government immediately declared its disgust with the
perpetrators and offered its condolences to the bereaved and expressed its sympathies.

All governments have a duty to protect the lives, property and good standing of their citizens.
Reportedly your government employs extensive security, protection and intelligence systems
– and even hunts its opponents abroad. September eleven was not a simple operation. Could it
be planned and executed without coordination with intelligence and security services – or
their extensive infiltration? Of course this is just an educated guess. Why have the various
aspects of the attacks been kept secret? Why are we not told who botched their
responsibilities? And, why aren’t those responsible and the guilty parties identified and put
on trial?

All governments have a duty to provide security and peace of mind for their citizens. For
some years now, the people of your country and neighbours of world trouble spots do not
have peace of mind. After 9.11, instead of healing and tending to the emotional wounds of the
survivors and the American people – who had been immensely traumatised by the attacks –
some Western media only intensified the climates of fear and insecurity – some constantly
talked about the possibility of new terror attacks and kept the people in fear. Is that service to
the American people? Is it possible to calculate the damages incurred from fear and panic?

American citizen lived in constant fear of fresh attacks that could come at any moment and in
any place. They felt insecure in the streets, in their place of work and at home. Who would be
happy with this situation? Why was the media, instead of conveying a feeling of security and
providing peace of mind, giving rise to a feeling of insecurity?

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

Nothing like being preached to by Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to put you off your dinner! I have seen the letter previously - clearly it is for another audience. There seem to be may "truths" about 9/11, many of which are pure fantasy (aliens did it).

Regards

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I think it is if you dress like the stereotypical gang member, then you should be stereotyped as such. Also like I said theres plenty of people I live near that AREN"t persecuted for what they wear I suggest you move. If I were to say you live in the southern us would I be correct?

[edit on 25-8-2009 by NoJoker13]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Stop oppressing, abusing, your own people then maybe the world would take your allegations seriously.

/thread.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
LOL!!!! I love it. We (USA) always jump to point out human rights violations in other "enemy" countries. Whilst the USA is just as guilty. I hope they DO dig up some juicy stuff and hand over the evidence to the proper authorities. I would rather enjoy seeing American war criminals go down. what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Just my 2-cents

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Depends on which country you are targeting your comment at.

To me it should be both of them, they have far worse human rights abuses in both countries than anywhere else. Difference the US of A are good at covering thier tracks, or try and bully everyone else into agreeing with them hmmmms double standards.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

---

Seems to me as of Pres Obama's latest change, in switching Interrogation of suspected terrorists from CIA to FBI, reporting directly to the White house -- NSA?, is a good thing.

But I'll bet the CIA are awfully upset about this move, through the ranks.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Iran, Iran, Iran...

Israel should soon consider unleashing the Craken. It would be a shame that civilians might suffer or worse, but something has to crack & break there. Their nuclear ambitions are NOW too ambitious.

top topics

join