It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu reaches 1918 flu mortality rate (death rate)!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
In Brazil - The number of people who are dying from the Swine Flu has now reached a truely frightful number. 1 in 7 people, that's 13.40% or 488 in 3642 who have been infected with the Swine Flu have died. That's up from 1 in 9 just a few days ago!!! Obviously, there has been a mutation in Brazil and it doesn't look good people.

With the way things are going, I wouldn't be surprised if this flu reaches a crazy high mortality rate in the near future.

Visit www.flucount.org... for more info (ctrl + f "death rate per infection" to verify the facts)

Discuss.

edit: In the 1918 Spanish Flu it was "estimated that 10% to 20% of those who were infected died." source: en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 24-8-2009 by sliceNodice]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Thanks for the information mate!

Yeah! the South American numbers don't look good, it must have mutated into a heck of a strain down there!

This is very worrying! - we could be in for a rough ride this fall!

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sliceNodice

Hey, thanks for the good find

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9dd1efb343eb.jpg[/atsimg]

S&F

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Its really no surprise.

The level of medical care available is directly proportionate to the death rate of any disease or virus.

Countries that make things like vitamin c available to everyday consumption have a death rate below 1%

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Nice post, good heads up.

But

What were the health conditions like prior to the infection?
What is medical care like in the areas infected?
Has the CDC found a mutant strain, or is this the same, but only on a population that may be immune compromised as well?

Just questions, but before I start digging a deeeep hole in the ground, would like just a wee bit more information.

Thanks

Mike

edit to add; what he said, above.

[edit on 24-8-2009 by mikerussellus]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
You know, they'll have to most likely make a new vaccine for that mutation, and if they don't tell about the making of a new vaccine because of it, and they go with the old one, you'll know something's up.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Over 20 million people died in the 1918 outbreak, that is the death rate, not the percentage you are using. There is also a vast difference in the populations then and now. There are 2 or 3 times as many people now . That blows yours percentages away right there.

[edit on 103131p://pm3143 by debris765nju]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other experts have rejected a report that a new strain of the novel H1N1 influenza virus has been identified in a Brazilian patient.

Scientists at Adolfo Lutz Bacteriological Institute in Sao Paolo said they found the new strain in a local patient who has recovered, according to a Medical News Today (MNT) report, which was based on information from the institute and Agence France-Presse.

www.cidrap.umn.edu...

Guess come flu season, we will find out who is really telling the truth about the swine flu.

[edit on 24-8-2009 by jam321]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I can't go to your link, but I have a question.

Do the rates you mention come from people who have confirmed H1N1?

If that's the case, that would mean only people that are hospitilised, and actually tested for H1N1 would be "confirmed" cases. This would mean that the majority of people who get mild infections, which is the majority, would not be included in the official "confirmed" cases.

If this is true, the actual mortality rate would be far, far less than 1 in 7.
I say this because this is similiar to what's happening in NZ, and it would now be impossible to find an actual mortality rate here, as people aren't getting tested, unless there are other complications. eg pre-existing respitory disorders.

15 August 2009

Pandemic Influenza (H1N1) 09 Swine Flu - Update 135

Latest Numbers

The total number of confirmed cases of Pandemic Influenza (H1N1) 09 swine flu is 3038, up from 3034 yesterday.

These are people who have returned a laboratory positive test for pandemic influenza (H1N1) 09. The actual number of cases of Pandemic Influenza (H1N1) 09 will be significantly higher, as only a small proportion of people with symptoms are being tested to better inform their treatment. This is because for most people, it's a mild illness and they will recover readily at home without needing medical treatment.
source

At the time of this reporting there were 14 deaths (now 16, with the majority having pre-existing illnesses). Using these figures, we get a mortality rate of about 0.46% (if my calculations are corect
). But in reality, the mortality rate is far, far lower than this. This is becauses there are perhaps 10, 20 or even 100 times more cases than what is "confirmed". It has turned out that "swine flu" has pretty much been this winters seasonal flu (but with all the added hype).

I have a feeling this type of descrepency would be even larger in Brazil, as only extreme cases would be tested, meaning far lower mortality rates. At least I hope so, for their sake.

Also,

The Ministry of Health is considering reducing New Zealand's swine flu alert level because the number of new cases is falling.

"It's basically a de-escalation," deputy director of public health Dr Fran McGrath said yesterday.
source

It's safe to say I'd rather take my chances with the flu than the vaccine.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Did old Hank really do it this away

ya baby

new topics

top topics

join