It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Spending Plans Will Nearly Double the National Debt--White House Leaked the News Late on Fri

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Obama's Spending Plans Will Nearly Double the National Debt--White House Leaked the News Late on Friday

www.cnsnews.com

In news leaked late Friday to the Reuters news agency, the White House conceded that the national debt will increase by $9 trillion over the next ten years, nearly doubling a national debt that now stands at $11.67 trillion.

Until now, the White House had been estimating that the national debt would increase by $7.108 trillion between 2010 and 2019. On Friday evening, Reuters reported that an unnamed senior administration official was saying that a report due from the Office of Management and Budget on Tuesday would indicate that the debt would actually increase by $9 trillion during that
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Hi ATS,

Wow, I wish I had money to throw around like that! Wait a second? It is Our money, or I should be clear by saying they are selling IOU's; in which the collateral is You, and I.

I remember in high school history reading about the Vanderbilt's throwing parties with cigars wrapped in hundred dollar bills; now as one who is a cigar aficionado I can tell You that was just plain gross, and only to show how the Elite controlled the money.

There is an email wandering around titled: "what really happened in Montana"; which outlines the same practice of flaunting money around, and burning it up. The email is eye witness accounts of the extravagant Town Hall meeting Obama participated in last week. Apparently supply plane one after the next flew in luxuries such as Lobster.........to Montana home of fine beef.

My point in bringing up the Vanderbilts, and what happened in Montana is simple. THE GOVERNMENT IS NOT OF THE PEOPLE; it's of the Elite!!! We are taxed without representation, and now with the acknowledged growth in the deficit; the Elite are moving forward with literally selling us as a cattle are sold as commodity, or as cattle are sold to the slaughter house.

Wake Up Stand Up,

Sancho.

www.cnsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The news came out late on Friday? So how exactly is this 'change' from the usual way poltiics is run. Every White House has let info out late on Fridays when it came to info they didn't want the public to sink their teeth into. No change.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

absolutely, not only did they release this late Friday, but I think ALL the Executive Branch took a vacation at the same time...really

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Careful, your apparent distaste for the lifestyle of the president may cause some to come to his defense.

Profligate and libertine, it may seem. But them's the perks!

I can't say it is an encouraging display. nor does it in any way increase my respect for him.

I think that most Americans would expect the first-class treatment of a president as a matter of course. It does seem somewhat disingenuous, considering the economic state of his 'people'. But I won't let this inflame me more than the real point of your post.

The 'repayment' of this debt is to come off the backs of our children, unborn or otherwise. Their earnings will be diminished to pay for an expression of ideological ambition.

I think it boils down to a matter of choice. I chose not to willingly promote any such economic folly. I do not believe they are practicing anything 'sustainable' - economic OR social.

ANYTHING THAT STEALS FROM THE FUTURE CANNOT BE REPACKAGED INTO A MESSAGE OF HOPE.

[edit on 24-8-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Sounds to me like the U.S. Government could use a bail out.

So come one everyone lets bail!

I hear Uruguay is nice! Last one there buys the drinks!

[edit on 24/8/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I actually think We are better off in some regards with Obamarama because it is my belief that McInsane, or Billary would have us in a war with Iran.

NONE of them are on the side of "We The People". They are all elitists. My point with mentioning the Lobster lies in the fact You pointed out; the economy. Montana is known for their exquisite beef production; yet We can see the Elitist nature through, and through.

It wouldn't matter who was in the White House; Lobster would still have been flown in.

We are a nation that is taxed without representation..... In my book that's called SLAVERY.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
This has gotta be the biggest ponzi scheme ever!!! and reckless uncarelessness of mismanaged money! The federal governemnt sends hundred sof illions all over the world yearly! instead f lwoering or paying off the national deficit. If this is the kinda buisness their in, and goverment is buisiness, this is poor buisiness standards

They expect me to pay my taxes ON TIME, adn yet they themselves cant? WTF kinda deal is that!

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Hi PPT,

I could not find the Youtube video, but a man made a rather nice video outlining how to take OUR PIECE of the TARP bailout.

While the Man was bashing in what was left of His foreclosed home; he showed how We all can win.

Quite simply take Your credit cards, and max them out. By the food, and quite possibly needed ammunition for the coming times. Max them out, and DO NOT PAY!!!

No different than what the Govt. which is owned by the special interest lobbies is doing to "We The People".

top topics

join