It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti Gun N. C. State State Senator Shoots A Home Invader

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Are you as obsessed with the 2nd as to vote down a candidate who's 60% pro-gun and has wonderful track record and has a lot of promise for the state or the country?

If there's a a candidate with a higher percentage, absolutely. I prefer not to have to "roll the dice" when it comes to the bill of rights, but maybe that's just me.

Would you vote for a candidate who is only about 60% in favor of free speech?

TA

[edit on 26-8-2009 by TheAssociate]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

It's possible that there wasn't a candidate with a higher percentage. All of those groups manipulate the facts to suit their goals, too. For all we know, he voted to raise the punishment for murder and that group passed it off as as anti-gun legislation in order to discredit a Democrat and boost votes for some Republican candidate.

Also, remember that he was a Democrat. He might be too liberal on his other issues to run as a Republican, so he has to vote to keep his constituents happy. Maybe he voted for anti-gun legislation that he knew wouldn't pass anyways? That we he's not restricting anyone's rights, but when the DNC asks him about it he can still say "I voted for the gun control."

It's the castle doctrine thing that has me giving him so much of a benefit of a doubt here. Anyone who says I can defend myself from an intruder with lethal force when I need to earns some points with me.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

Anyone who says I can defend myself from an intruder with lethal force when I need to earns some points with me.

I understand your perspective, and respect your opinion.

What I can't respect is this type of thing from politicians:

Also, remember that he was a Democrat. He might be too liberal on his other issues to run as a Republican, so he has to vote to keep his constituents happy. Maybe he voted for anti-gun legislation that he knew wouldn't pass anyways? That we he's not restricting anyone's rights, but when the DNC asks him about it he can still say "I voted for the gun control."

Flip-Flopping, pandering, hedging your bets to get votes, etc. is not okay by me.

It doesn't really matter though, I vote Libertarian so my candidates rarely, if ever make it into office anyway.

Oh well...good discussion, thanks for your insight and opinions.

TA

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAssociate
If there's a a candidate with a higher percentage, absolutely. I prefer not to have to "roll the dice" when it comes to the bill of rights, but maybe that's just me.TA

OK, so let's imagine there is a gun geek running for the office, he's armed to teeth and wants everyone in the US to have a bazooka if elected. I think you'll like it. But then he also wants to tax every byte you send over the Internet and use the money to subsidize abortions in free clinics throughout the country. What say you?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

I would do what I always do: vote Libertarian.

P.S.

I think you'll like it.

Please refrain from making assumptions about me. I don't assume to know you, I'd appreciate the same respect.

TA

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

Yeah, I hate that sort of thing in politics also. Judging by the man's other activities, he's certainly no saint anyways. The people may want honest politicians, but the politicians have figured out how to skirt that somehow. Cheating is cheating, but do the ends justify the means? That's a question I've never been able to answer, and a topic for another thread, I suppose.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Another example of how hypocritical our government is. I wish he didnt have a gun at the time! I hope this makes him change his mind, even though it probably wont. lol

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by duble0peter

How much of the thread have you actually read?

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAssociate
I guess it boils down to which group you trust more: The NRA (a lobbyist group) or an independent group........

Well...Why we disagree about some issues at least we both agree that the NRA is full of crap.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join