It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti Gun N. C. State State Senator Shoots A Home Invader

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAssociate

The Senator, who has made a career of being against guns for you and me, didn't hesitate to defend himself with his own gun when he believed he was in immediate danger, and was the victim of a crime against himself.

I'm so sick of the 'do as I say, not as I do' attitude expressed by so many elected officials. These people try to impose a set of standards for themselves, and set of standards for the rest of us, as though they were the nanny and we, the unruly children. The hypocrisy is infuriating.

TA

secondamendmentfreedom.blogspot.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

We agree totally on the hypocrisy of politicians. It's like the republicans for family values cheating on their spouses in bombastic ways. It's the anti-gay republicans who are caught with their pants down (literally).

It disgusts me.

My question here, is how exactly was this guy "anti-gun?"

Did he require background checks? Was he anti-assault rifle but believed in hand guns?

The article didn't quote the guy at all, so the blogger who wrote that left out details that any intelligent person needs to better understand the context.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
when did blogs become a good breaking news source? cant we find this information anywhere else? I heard about the break in a day or two ago, but this is the first I heard about anybody being shot.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAssociate
They're not going to give up the effort to disarm us.

They'll never disarm us, no matter how many laws they manage to pass. I'm sure there are many black market arms dealers out there, just salivating at the thought of a gun ban in the US. Criminals, and individuals who refuse to abide by unjust laws, will probably have more access to fully automatic assault weapons and such than ever before. Plus, there will be no way to track the weapons or their owners.

This senator is a prime example of why we should be worried about any government attempts to impose further restrictions on firearms. Like many have said, they just want to make sure we the people do not have the ability to decide enough is enough, and take our government back from the thieves that have hijacked it.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Nothing on CNN or Fox about it. I doubt there ever will be.

Here is a list of bills introduced in 2009 by R.C. Soles:

www.ncleg.net...

And here is his voting record for 2009:

www.ncleg.net...

I'm going to look through them now to see how anti-gun this guy really is. He sounds like a hypocrite, but I'm not about to take the word of a blog called "secondamendmentfreedom" for it on the whole "anti-gun" thing.

[edit on 25-8-2009 by mattifikation]

[edit on 25-8-2009 by mattifikation]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Ahhh starred for the hypocrisy... flagged for the irony

Great story

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

I would question your source on this issue.

2008 Based on lifetime voting records on gun issues and the results of a questionnaire sent to all candidates in 2008, the National Rifle Association Political Victory Fund assigned Senator Soles a grade of A (with grades ranging from a high of A+ to a low of F).

www.votesmart.org...

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I was just about to post that same thing, but you beat me to it. :-p

So far I'm finding absolutely nothing to corroborate the "anti-gun" claim except for a truckload of private blogs parroting each other, and some political activist group called "GRNC" that I've never heard of - and they provide nothing to back their anti-gun rating.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by HrdCorHillbilly

Nice links! There seems to be a great deal of secrets surrounding R.C. Soles.

Sending $8,000 to a man while he was in prison.

Buying a 17 y/o boy a house and a corvette.

Good find!

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
double post

[edit on 25-8-2009 by lucentenigma]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Interesting:

State Sen. R.C. Soles Jr. voted for a bill this year that would have given residents wide latitude to defend their homes.

Soles was one of 42 senators who voted for the "castle doctrine," which essentially states that a resident is justified in shooting an intruder into his or her home. Under current law, a jury could decide that a homeowner was not justified if, say, the would-be burglar was shot running from the house.

Source: www.newsobserver.com...

You'll find the quoted text in the box under the pictures, not the main article text. So he's pro-castle doctrine, holds an A rating with the NRA, but he's anti-gun? I don't think so. Sounds like some bloggers with an agenda are making things up. The more I look into it, the less anti-gun this guy looks.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Good find on his NRA rating.

I had my doubts about how someone described as "anti-gun" got into the NC state senate in the first place - that kind of thing does not play well in the Carolinas...

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Thanks lucentenigma

Not to hard for me to find though. It's all over the local news.
Seems like the major media is ignoring ALL of it.

Something really is fishy about this guy. I can't wait until someone figures it out. They probably won't figure it out, or get paid off if they do. We may never know.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

It sounds like he's into organized crime. Then again, as this thread has shown, somebody out there is launching blatant hit jobs against the guy. So who knows what the truth is?

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
I wonder how this experience will change this man's mind on the issue. Sometimes it's just a matter of walking in certain shoes to temper ones opinions.

Apparently, his personal stance on the issue didn't need to change as a result of this incident. After all, this anti-gun legislator, didn't exactly run out and buy a gun, when he realized someone was breaking in, then hurry back before they left to shoot them. He was already armed, and willing to shoot.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Seems there is a lot going on with the good senator Soles:

Alleged Soles victim explains why he didn't come forward sooner

Many people in the community have been telling us for months that the behavior with Sen. R.C. Soles and various young men in Columbus County has been happening for a long time. Today, we are taking a look at why there is no official action has been taken to date. "He did try to molest me when I was 15 years old,” said Soles’s client, Stacey Scott in August 2008.

“Would you refuse $3-4,000? He just hands it to me, hands it to me, and says, ‘Don't tell nobody where you got this. You can get in a lot of trouble,'" Scott said.

“He said, ‘I'll have you done away with and nobody will ever ask questions. Don't you know who I am? I'm a senator. I've been a senator for 40 years,'" Scott said.

Source

Questions answered about teen involved with Soles

State Senator R.C. Soles continues to avoid calls made by WWAY, but has now admitted to buying a house for 17-year-old Allen Strickland.

Mr. Soles didn't explain why all the transactions for the house were apparently in cash, nor did he clarify why he would have bought a home for a minor to live in alone.

Source

Attorneys say Soles could be facing serious tax issues

The new home of 17-year-old Allen Strickland, who lived alone, caught fire last week in Tabor City. The land was given to him by a relative, and according to a deed prepared by Senator Soles’ law firm, Strickland is the legal owner of the property. Strickland says the house cost about $70,000 to build. He says the Senator gave him cash to cover the cost.

WWAY has learned the teen doesn't have a valid driver's license, but Strickland says the Senator also gave him cash to buy a white Corvette.

Source

It's seems like the senator has an affinity for young boys.

Credit goes to HrdCorHillbilly for providing the links.

[edit on 25-8-2009 by lucentenigma]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Thanks again lucentenigma

Nice use of the links. Now maybe people will read it.
Those sites are full of info on R.C. Soles.
Maybe we should have started a new thread...
"R.C. Soles is a molester" HAHAA

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Actually, that would probably be a good idea.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation

Actually, that would probably be a good idea.

I second that idea. I'm busy right now working but will try to put together a thread a little later.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I found the same stuff you did. Good job putting the links together

Ironically it seems he is not even an anti-gun advocate so an F for the OP article. In fact he appears to be very pro-gun.

He is mixed up in some weird stuff it would seem. I think this will be national headlines before long. It has all the making of a good movie when all the facts come out.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
He is mixed up in some weird stuff it would seem.

Aren't they all? What is it about our polticians becoming thieves, molesters, or both? Soon you'll see campaign ads saying, "if you elect me, i'll do my best not to touch your kids".

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join