It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti Gun N. C. State State Senator Shoots A Home Invader

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAssociate
Great example of the double standard these people want us all to live by. Seems the best thing we can do is call them on their hypocrisy, and hope it gets enough attention so they can be voted out of office.

I don't know the details of this guy's voting record, but generally speaking, I do not think the anti-gunners in government, as well as the outspoken anti-gun celebrities and such are actually being hypocritical. You see, in their minds, this is all about class.

The mere common man, in their minds, exists only to be exploited. He certainly has no right to self-defense. Such a right should be reserved only for the ruling, wealthy classes.

There's no hypocrisy from their standpoint, because they think of you and I as less than they are.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

As the saying goes: You live by the sword you...

You get what I mean.
I agree with you though, these idiots actually believe that they are above another because of their priveledge.

Too bad they cannot learn from their History books. It has been shown time and again that they eventually fall way to the "common man".
The day they learn to actually equal themselves with all men is the day this world knows peace.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

There's no hypocrisy from their standpoint, because they think of you and I as less than they are.

Good point. They view themselves as being superior somehow; more able to handle freedoms like the right to carry weapons that us common folk just can't. It's sad, but it's true. Some of them really do think like that.

TA

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Amazing hypocrisy, S&F

Though many anti-gun people, including of my senators here in commie-fornia boxer or feinstein, i can't remember, carry guns...if they don't carry a gun themselves, they have armed guards, like rosie o'donald

Politicians never practice what they preach, and most don't give a darn about us. There is a lot of money in being anti-gun, and even anti-tobacco

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I think that if a senator or anyone else is against someone having a gun, they should not be allowed to get one themselves. We will see real quick what happens then.....just think, if this were the case, that senator would have been toast probably.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I don't like to side with a hypocrite but the fact the guy was pushin his 70's and has probably a minimal chance at defending his family against teens kickin his door in I don't blame the guy for incapacitating the criminal . . .

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spock Shock
I don't like to side with a hypocrite but the fact the guy was pushin his 70's and has probably a minimal chance at defending his family against teens kickin his door in I don't blame the guy for incapacitating the criminal . . .

Oh, so if your old it's ok? I am under 50, so am I suppose to go hand to hand combat with thug that breaks into my home?
I can give him a choice between my 12 ga or a 9mm. That is the only choice they will have on my land.

OP, Great find! S & F's for almost all.
Can any extreme Libs on here defend this one?

I think not......

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
His name should be put on posters far and wide. Guns are wrong, evil, the harbringer of death! All that own one partake in the destiny of death.

I own 4 not one so i'm not part of the destiny thing.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ..5..

Originally posted by projectvxn
I wonder how this experience will change this man's mind on the issue.

It will change his mind to. "I can have a gun to defend myself and you sheep can't."

This is not new. They exempt themselves from the laws they write for 'you'.

Dead on!

Politicians consider themselves special and above the law. Why do you think they had loaded and ready firearms at hand? Their anti-gun stance is strictly for the lower citizens they rule over, not for themselves. Always has been, always will be.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
This just goes to prove my point that Politics has to be the most un-honorable career on this Earth. Compromise and Deceit are the cornerstone of most politicians. Even though one might believe one way on an issue ... or in fact, be a strong supporter of a cause — that matters very little when it comes to gathering votes or getting paid off by lobbyists.

Politics are a joke and politicians are it's punchline.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

I would liken a politician to a pussy cat . They rub up against you and want you to pet them untill you feed them ..then its ...who are you ...leave me alone. I'll crap in your bed if you continue to bother me.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
I wonder how this experience will change this man's mind on the issue. Sometimes it's just a matter of walking in certain shoes to temper ones opinions.

yeah that could very well be true. Though, it could make him more stern on the gun law. Now he could be thinking what if they had guns on them they might have shot back. Then he might make the gun law even worse?

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Yea......That gun saved his life, I bet he wont preach that Anti-Gun bull anymore.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
To understand the regularity of this sort of news you have to look to ponerology. The short version is that these people are mostly psychopaths. They have no notion of objective truth, their psyche, due to an emotional imaturity or atrophy, only deals in pragmatic logic, like "what do I have to say to get what I want?". If you confronted this man with the hypocrisy of the situation in his mind he would probably be offended by your demands, as they limit his freedom to lie to you.

These creatures are motivated by pure ego and their minds are at a place the normal person can't even function at. It goes beyond corruption, these people in power positions tend to be certifiably insane.

The good news is that ponerology allows for diagnostic procedures that, if the premisse got wide acceptance, would allow us "normals" to filter out the pathological liars, the psychopathic vampires, the parasites. Bad news would be that a lot of people that are looked up to, not only in politics but in business, religion, culture and entertainment would light up as psychos and our entire worldview would be in crysis as we realise just how much these nuttjobs have muddied the waters of human civilization.

There is a solid pattern of political hypocrisy, remember all the closet homosexual gay bashing republicans? Different side, same coin. It just goes on and on and on but it's all just aspects of ponerology. Welcome to the psychopathocracy!

[edit on 25-8-2009 by Mindmelding]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Lol, this thread truely made my day.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Apparently he shot the guy while he was walking away. LINK

There's been a lot of strange things happening with R.C. Soles lately.
Check the local TV stations... WECT WWAY
He's either involved in drugs or molestation....you decide.

Here are some stories...
Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
Link 4
Link 5
Link 6
I really like this one...
Link 7
link 7.5
Link 8

This is just a few of the stories that can be found. This guy is up to something.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I don't see why this incident would change the mind of this politician critter. He already had a loaded gun, even while trying to suppress 2nd amendment rights. It won't change his mind, I believe. But, it just might change his vote next time, just to save political face. But, then again, if you have shown yourself to be two-faced, which face will you choose to save?

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

Just received a text from Eliot Spitzer - he sais he is shocked and appalled at the hypocricy.

The Senator's defense strategy: the burglar just went all Plaxico on himself!

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
Politicians consider themselves special and above the law. Why do you think they had loaded and ready firearms at hand? Their anti-gun stance is strictly for the lower citizens they rule over, not for themselves. Always has been, always will be.

I think the best piece of investigative journalism was pulling Al Gore's power usage records and revealing that while he was waving the green flag and telling everyone 'else' to use less power, gas etc, etc. while he himself was with one house alone consuming 30X the average household use. We need a lot more writers like that.

The people who should be microchipped are those who are feeding off of he taxpayer (what exactly do the bureaucrats in the Public schools do all day anyhow? You never can find them most of the cubicle workers aren't working. Take a walk down at the main building and ask the average4 cubicle worker playing solitaire what his job is and what he is working on right now?) Especially needed is the ability to watch those who have the power to do great damage the chip should have a sound device attached so the taxpayers can listen to backroom deals being made. (Perhaps give them each a separate website. And publish how these people can go to Wash. DC middle class and within three years be millionaire elitists.
Let's demand a forensic audit of every congressperson and publish just where the lifestyle originates

The government and moneychangers should be under 'our' scrutiny not the other way around.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Nothing to see here people. Politicians are allowed to own guns and defend them selves, but we, the unwashed peasant slaves are not. There lives are of much more value.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join