It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens, why the emphasis on Humans???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Somebody please help me out here.

Is it not specist to say that humans are more important than animals?

Why do Aliens have more concern with humans than animals?

Doesn't it makes sense to think that perhaps the soul or whatever in an animal was incarnated into that body?

To me it feels as though Aliens don't give a s*** about animals and only wish to 'save' humans.

Maybe be because we're destroying ourselves and the planet. Animals aren't doing that.

I am not sure why but I get a sense that there may be some beings that will be 'selected' to go into a higher dimension. Whether that means literally being taken else where....I am not sure what that means.

But, there's a contradiction because if Aliens are peaceful and loving as they claim then why leave animals behind as if they're nothing? Or maybe they will be taking some animals.
I mean, if we're going by the premise that animals could have the potential to have a soul that could have been in another being before, then why treat them just as if they were third dimensional garbage and pay no attention to them?
Where's the love in that?

Do animals have any significance? What are they and why are they here then?
And these same questions could be asked about us humans as well.

Maybe I am just arguing for the sake of arguing or do I have a point?

Oh, and why should I stop there at just animals...what about insects? What are those?

Do Aliens care about animals/insects? Do they have any significance? What's so special about us?

IMO, I find now that Aliens come across as being rather specist.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Eh, consciousness i'd suppose.

I mean, if I had to save one animal, i'd save the humans, they hold good promises, badgers on the other hand... well their lacking.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Steven Greer suggests the 'aliens' could be performing a human gnome project, taking samples of life from Earth to preserve it's future? Dunno =P

Oh yeah, and apparently greys like to turn cows inside out.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012

Oh yeah, and apparently greys like to turn cows inside out.

Maybe they think they look better that way?

Still don't understand their fascination with the cows anus...... somethings I may never know.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

God forbid those greys are growing mushrooms...........

=O

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
In Bhuudist teachings, every animal (includes humans and aliens) all have souls. But what we have that makes us more special is the fact we have a higher consious thought than the animals. Just my two cents.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
How do you know they only care about humans? did you ask them? im not being cheeky if that's how it sounded.It seem fruitless to say this or that as we don't know aliens are visiting.But if they are visiting...they are aliens.Very hard to even begin trying to understand how their mind works or outlooks are...or if the craft even have aliens inside and not some AI probe of some kind that relays information back from whatever it finds in its adventures across the galaxy...see the list is endless.Guess it's good to think about but more than likely whatever conclusion we come to will be wrong...very very wrong.Imo of course.

[edit on 24-8-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Well, how about this then...why do we think they're only look at us?
Maybe they have been studying animals/insects and everything here.

But, then does this mean animals/insects can't come into the 5th dimension because they can't think like humans can?

So, then does that mean they have to work their way up until some day they can???

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Before2017Victor

Are you arguing? No I think you have a point.

My 'believe' is that lots of animals of all sorts (and plants) / specimen already have been taken to 'safety'

It seems that there are a lot of different Aliens. Of course some groups care about animals/insects.

What's so special about humans? We have 'logic' and can make choices instead of always act on our Flight/Fright mechanism. Add to that: that probably our DNA has more 'advanced' possibilities then animals?

I know human DNA and ape DNA are close but there must be an X=factor in human DNA. I think.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I think the best way to look at it would be, are cows capable of destroying the earth at any moment? Are weasels and ferrets ready to nuke the entire planet into dust?

It'd be a matter of thinking that the species which is capable of destroying everything else would be the one you'd most want to "get to", if you had in mind helping out the planet.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

Excellent point! I would have to believe that because we are most consciously evolved animals on this planet (that I know of, lol!) that aliens would be more interested in helping us with our silly issues.

About the cows... If aliens are responsible for this, all I can say is that there must be good and bad aliens. Just like there are good and bad humans.

Omni

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
^

Could aliens be specist as well?
They must have their own prejudices as well too.

So, are we really more 'valuable' then other creatures on this planet?

And think...not all humans may have logic or even 'good' genes for that matter.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
maybe because animals cant tell stories about how they saw a friend get taken by a ufo?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Maybe because we're sentient and animals aren't?

Maybe aliens think reasoning creatures are more important than non-sentient creatures. Or maybe they are so smart they think we are animals.

I wrote a story on that theme, but I can't enter it in the contest even though I swear I've made enough posts.

The Buddhist idea of everything having a soul sounds wonderful, although it would ruin the idea of Starseeds. If souls are interchangable, then yours isn't special even if you were an alien in a past life. You might be a squirrel in the next one.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Before2017Victor
Is it not specist to say that humans are more important than animals?

Yes

Why do Aliens have more concern with humans than animals?

Why do you think that is true?

Doesn't it makes sense to think that perhaps the soul or whatever in an animal was incarnated into that body?

Absolutely

To me it feels as though Aliens don't give a s*** about animals and only wish to 'save' humans.

It may seem that way, but animals are maybe not what they seem.

Maybe be because we're destroying ourselves and the planet. Animals aren't doing that.

No, they aren't, b/c they know how to live in harmony w/ Nature.

I am not sure why but I get a sense that there may be some beings that will be 'selected' to go into a higher dimension.

There are already higher dimensional beings around you. You may even be one.

But, there's a contradiction because if Aliens are peaceful and loving as they claim then why leave animals behind as if they're nothing?

Some "aliens" are peaceful & loving. Others... not so much :-(

I mean, if we're going by the premise that animals could have the potential to have a soul that could have been in another being before, then why treat them just as if they were third dimensional garbage and pay no attention to them?

Animals definitely have a soul. There are things going on behind the scenes...

Do animals have any significance? What are they and why are they here then?

Animals are here for the same reason some "humans" are here.

Maybe I am just arguing for the sake of arguing or do I have a point?

I think you have good questions.

Oh, and why should I stop there at just animals...what about insects? What are those?

Absolutely.

Do Aliens care about animals/insects? Do they have any significance? What's so special about us?

Some do, some don't. Not all "aliens" have the same values or share the same philosophies.

IMO, I find now that Aliens come across as being rather specist.

Not all :-)

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

Still don't understand their fascination with the cows anus...... somethings I may never know.

From my research into synthetics:

Synthetics are created in a process similar to cloning, yet in part using certain flesh from animals or humans, particularly common is the use of the cerebral and nervous system of the cow [cattle mutilations]. The synthetic is then generated in a process that changes the genetic make-up in order to simulate a person being copied.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
How do we know that animals aren't being abducted?? Do you keep track of all the polar bears and Siberian tigers in the world?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Alice
Maybe because we're sentient and animals aren't?

Animals are sentient.

sen·tient (sěn'shənt, -shē-ənt)
adj.
Having sense perception; conscious: "The living knew themselves just sentient puppets on God's stage" (T.E. Lawrence).
Experiencing sensation or feeling.

dictionary.reference.com...

Animals think & feel, just like humans do.

The Buddhist idea of everything having a soul sounds wonderful, although it would ruin the idea of Starseeds.

Why?

If souls are interchangable, then yours isn't special even if you were an alien in a past life. You might be a squirrel in the next one.

Souls aren't "interchangeable," but it's true you could manifest a different physical form in your next life.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by faulconandsnowjob

Okay then how do I describe our capacity for reason, culture, creating things - what human have that no other species does?

I don't doubt that some animals are very smart. My kitten just now got her mouse-on-a-string tangled up on my computer desk so she could bat at it. I swear to whatever gods there may be she did it on purpose.

So you could convince me that animals have souls, possibly. Doesn't mean you could convince aliens. Maybe they don't value creatures below a certain IQ. Maybe they don't value us either. Alien logic.

Compared to sufficiently smart aliens, we might just be animals, and all our technology no more impressive than my kitten's trick with her mouse.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Alice
Okay then how do I describe our capacity for reason, culture, creating things - what human have that no other species does?

You're making assumptions that animals can't, when it may just be that there's no need to, or it's not their purpose. Some animals have abilities humans can't even begin to understand, such as dolphins' ability to heal using sound.

I don't doubt that some animals are very smart.

Animals are much smarter than people want to give them credit for. I used to train horses, so I know how smart they are. They guess, they reason, they anticipate, they extrapolate, they connect concepts. In short, they learn & communicate - just like people.

So you could convince me that animals have souls, possibly.

What do you think a soul is? What do you think is living inside a human body, or an "animal" body?

Doesn't mean you could convince aliens.

"Aliens" already know

Maybe they don't value creatures below a certain IQ. Maybe they don't value us either.

That is probably true of some aliens b/c they haven't understood that we're all One, regardless of where we are on "the path."

Compared to sufficiently smart aliens, we might just be animals, and all our technology no more impressive than my kitten's trick with her mouse.

True

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join