It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Camouflaged New Building at Kirtland AFB

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Last few weeks while looking for data I had reason to update some files so went to Google Earh to have a look around Kirtland AFB. There was some construction going on in the 2008 GE version that now shows complete

One building is very interesting as it has camouflaged tarps over top with a desert pattern, and all around it you can see camo netting with bushes on it.

At first it took a while to get info on this building, but I found it. Seems it was discussed in 1999 already but now its built...

First lets go look at the area...

Look closely at the surrounding area...

Location is +34° 58' 31.04", -106° 26' 39.04" just up the road NE of the Starfire Optical Range... the DEW Laser site...

If you Follow Forest Highway 530 east from Starfire... you will see a lot of interesting stuff but that I will do later

Continued...

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I doubt its there for camo purposes. The reason I say that is because it is pulled tight. There isn't a break in the pattern. A big no no in camoflauge.

Its probably there to provide shade to the workers.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
So what IS this building?

High Energy Research and Technology Facility (HERTF)

You can see the layers of camouflage around the sides...

Compare this area to an old WWII image...

HOW TO HIDE AN AIRCRAFT FACTORY

SOURCE

Continued...

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
High Energy Research and Technology Facility (HERTF)

Directed Energy Weapons include laser, high power radio frequency (HPRF), and particle beam technologies (HPRF technology is frequently called high power microwave (HPM) or RF directed energy). Electronic equipment can be defeated or impaired by irradiation from directed energy (DE) sources. Degradation can range from temporary "upsets" in electronics subsystems, permanent circuit deterioration, or permanent destruction due to burnout or electrical overload. As modern systems and their components become ever more reliant on sophisticated electronics, they also become more vulnerable to DE radiation.

Near-term goals for RFE weapons include the development of new HPRF source concepts, such as the interference modulation HPM source concept and frequency agile, broadband klystrons for use in susceptibility testing and in field tests. A mid-term goal is the development of high-gain, broadband antennas. Long-term goals include use of chaos theory research results to achieve greater control of RF weapon sources. High power RF generators need to be smaller, lighter, and more fuel efficient. Projected targets require intensive susceptibility studies to determine the best attack methods. These technical challenges will be overcome by concentrating technology development efforts on improving modulators, RF sources, and antennas. Improvements to reduce size, weight, and power requirements must also be accomplished by enhancements to radiation beam control.

SOURCE: www.fas.org...

HERTF was designed to scale high-power microwave and high-energy plasma concepts that were pursued for many years in the Laboratory's basic research and exploratory development efforts. It was difficult to advance these concepts with the limited facilities available before HERTF was completed. With this facility, technologies can be advanced to a weapons level. Also, advanced weapons environments can be created, allowing scientists to assess the potential threat of these weapons to United States military systems.

Although the Laboratory's high-power microwave technology is considerably advanced, HERTF is essential in conducting many of the critical experiments still needed to assess the feasibility of the technology for operational systems.

HERTF is located in a canyon in the Manzano Mountains in the southeast portion of Kirtland. The facility has a four-story-high bay laboratory, 80 feet by 150 feet, with concrete roofand walls four feet thick for blast and radiation shielding. The high bay includes two bridge cranes, cable trays, a 12-foot-deep pit for intense radiation source experiments, and access tunnels to an explosive firing area near the high bay. Up to 1000 pounds of high explosives can be detonated in this area to produce hundreds of megajoules of electrical energy needed for these advanced experiments. The facility also contains offices and smaller laboratories where advanced weapons technology experiments and demonstrations can be conducted safely and securely.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Here is the page with many links to the weapon system and its power. There are also papers there for anyone interested

www.thelivingmoon.com...

Here is a camouflaged tent with a huge machine in it

A weapons bunker, though I forgot to add the coordinates

A WALL of tanks...

Many more odd things here..

www.thelivingmoon.com...

[edit on 24-8-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
STARFIRE OPTICAL RANGE

+34° 57' 51.48", -106° 27' 45.36"

Facility for Beaming Power to Satellites into Space (and to a Moon Base
Check out the Power Beaming thread coming soon

Courtesy of Directed Energy Directorate, US Air Force

STARFIRE OPTICAL RANGE

There are two others, one is AEOS in Maui, Hawaii

Advanced Electro Optical System (AEOS)

The other is HELSTF at White Sands, New Mexico

High Energy Laser Systems Test Facility (HELSTF)

RUSSIA has one... I found it on GE...
OKNO ELINT

OKNO ELINT complex in Tajikistan is becoming Russia

OKNO ELINT Photo Gallery - Pegasus

Then there is the SHIVA NOVA project...

This high power laser will be able to create a small sun on Earth
when it comes on line next year

BUT WAIT Next year?

From 1973 to 1977, the Laboratory built four laser systems: (a) the one-beam Cyclops; (b) the one- and two-beam Janus system, which is still in use; (c) the two-beam Argus; and (d) the 20-beam Shiva. Each new laser provided more power and better control over the target-irradiation conditions as well as produced higher temperatures and greater compression and density in the deuterium–tritium fuel than its predecessor.

Creating a Miniature Star on Earth

When the United States ceased nuclear testing, laser facilities became even more important for defense research, and the portion of Nova shots dedicated to the weapons program increased considerably. Researchers using Nova continued obtaining high-energy-density data necessary to validate the computer codes used to model nuclear weapons physics.

SOURCE: Science &Technology Review
September 2002 Empowering Light - Historic Accomplishments in Laser Research
www.llnl.gov...

Neutral Particle Beam Technology

Big Picture

Kirtland AFB
Phillips Lab
Particle Accelerator
Particle Beam Weapons Research

www.thelivingmoon.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
So while you all are looking for 'Smoking Guns' in the UFO department, I am digging up "Still Glowing Phaser Cannons'

But wait there is more coming...

Now WHAT ONE EARTH do we need all this mega fire power for?

[edit on 24-8-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
At first it seems like they are hiding it from the common person that would go on Google earth. I think the governments of the world would be able to find it with other types of satellite imaging.They are definitely monitoring this also. If they really wanted to hide it they would have made a dumb for it. It also could just be a distraction. They could be taking it apart underneath and then transporting it for reassembly without the eye in the sky watching.Not much hiding on the surface of the earth anymore you gotta go deep underground nowadays for privacy.Peace.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Shoot objects that are in space. Earth defense. Shoot ufos , meteors, break up the asteroid belts, a planet? what do you think.What was the objective in making this weapon?Send power for whatever purpose.Peace.

[edit on 24-8-2009 by A por uvas]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Amazing work on this. Haha, I'm going to thoroughly enjoy going through the links and stuff. S&F.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
S&F

Good work Zorgon. I've always enjoyed your threads, never dissapointing.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Great stuff as usual zorgon, the laser picture at the end looks like some sort of earth defense site, could this be where the laser shot came from in that Nasa video of the UFO changing course then a laser pulse flys by it ??

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Okay serious question here...
No I don't know EVERYTHING (yet)

But HOW the heck do you get electricity from explosions? Any demolition expert out there can help me out on this? I must have missed a class

Up to 1000 pounds of high explosives can be detonated in this area to produce hundreds of megajoules of electrical energy needed for these advanced experiments.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Then there is the SHIVA NOVA project...

This high power laser will be able to create a small sun on Earth when it comes on line next year

What are you talking about?

Shiva was dismantled in 1981 and its target chamber was recycled into the novette program.
And novette used parts from its 2 predecessors argus and shiva.

Novette was then dissassembled and some of it recycled into the nova progam till its disassembly to make room for the nif.
Which is now complete and making low power test shots.

These systems are so task specific that there is no way they can be used as a weapon as some people keep implying.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I think that wall of tanks are actually old de-commissioned M48's and some SP guns as well. Junkyard?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by punkinworks
What are you talking about?
These systems are so task specific that there is no way they can be used as a weapon as some people keep implying.

Uh huh sure... listen at 0.36 to AP News

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Great thread, as usual Zorgon, you really research your stuff. Seems to be a pretty powerful platform for whatever purpose.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Well, you certainly are bringing the 'big guns' out now aren't you?! LOL, another great thread my friend. Not much to add here, just a thank you for all your efforts you put into your threads on ATS.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
WOW...s&f for you Zorgon!
I'm impressed and learned a lot of things I did not know.
Will now attempt to understand some more of it.
Wish me well.

[edit on 24-8-2009 by romanmel]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Starfire Optical Range is actually on Oscura peak. Which is the Northern most point of White Sands Missile Range. Yes the administration for that facility is out of Kirtland. But it is a good 100 miles south of Kirtland.

Here is the funny thing. My family owned a ranch that you could actually see the top of Oscura peak from. In fact when they tested the first A-bomb, some of our cattle were burned by radioactive fallout.

My family, and people that worked at our ranch saw UFO's non stop from 1946-1980ish. Lights that made impossible manuvers, like coming from space at insane speed, and instantly stopping a few feet from the ground, with out any perceivable deceleration time. Right angle turns at mach 5 (according to my grand father who flew P-51's in WWII).

So here is the deal. I don't care if you believe me, I have no proof of this, but it is the truth.

A very high up individual at White Sands Missile Range knew my Grand Father, and told him that the entire mountain under Oscura peak, is a huge underground military base. And inside is the real "Area 51", where they took all the Nazi flying saucers, and scientists after the war. The Roswell crash was us playing with Nazi flying saucers. (Our ranch was 10 miles from the roswell crash site).

Also there is an extreme high speed train that connects all the military bases in New Mexico.

So lying beneath the Starfire Optical Range, is all the good stuff that we all want to know about.

[edit on 25-8-2009 by downtown436]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join