It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: 'We are God's Partners in Matters of Life and Death'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I wonder what would have happened if Bush evoked God in a political debate.

source: www.lifesitenews.com...

A sudden shift towards religiously-charged rhetoric in President Obama's stumping for health care reform continued yesterday in a telephone conference, in which the president said that "we are God's partners in matters of life and death."

Obama told the virtual gathering of Jewish rabbis - as many as 1000, according to the Washington Jewish Week news service - that he was "going to need your help in accomplishing necessary reform."

Washington, D.C. Rabbi Jack Moline posted some of the president's statements in a series of live tweets, which went viral on the Internet before Moline deleted almost all the posts hours later. A handful of other Jewish clerics tweeted the event, which was not publicized by the White House.

In a conference call with largely left-leaning faith leaders yesterday, Obama also used religously-charged terms to dismiss the notion that the government would fund abortion through the new legislation.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
It doesn't really surprise me that we're going to bring God into the debate. Now, if we don't agree with his healthcare reform, we'll all burn in Hell. It seems to me like he's trying to get back in to favor with the some of the religious right.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Ugh

Good god

And I don't say that often lol

Seriously this needs to end.

Edit :

Wanted to add, is it any surprise that this event was unannounced? This is blatant pandering, and a president should be beyond that. Of course they're not but.. should be lol

[edit on 24-8-2009 by Jomina]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

Burn in hell AND be a racist. Don't forget, if you don't like the policy, you're a damn racist.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
reply to post by KSPigpen

Burn in hell AND be a racist. Don't forget, if you don't like the policy, you're a damn racist.

Oops....my bad. I've been a racist for so long I just took for granted that it was a given.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mabus325
Obama: 'We are God's Partners in Matters of Life and Death'

:shk: I am definately NOT on equal 'partner' footing with God.
His statement is so full of error I wouldn't even know where to begin ...

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I thought George Bush could only be president for two terms.

I think he brings God into the discussion because his presidency has been an endless string of mini-strokes and he is desperate to keep up appearances.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Hmmm... So, Obama's followers believe he is the messiah. Obama's wife insists that he will save out souls. Now, Obama thinks we are God's partner? Hmm... Sounds like someone is missing the whole logic behind Christianity. God (Yahweh) has NO equal, and there is only ONE messiah (Jesus Christ).

[edit on 24-8-2009 by Pathos]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
*face palm*

I hate this man more than George W. Bush.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Pathos

Considering he was saying his little factoid to 1000+ rabbi's, I don't think the concept of christ really enters into the discussion lol

Besides, as I am sure you well know, there's as many different concepts about "god" as there are people

Either way, as i said earlier, "god" really needs to be left out of this whole dang bill. Does not belong, does not compute!

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
For the last three months- no God, nor religion for healthcare

Suddenly- God is and religion is involved in Heatlthcare.

Is this being done to further dirty the water and divide people?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Sorry obama, but this is NOT how god works. The bible says so. Sodom and Ghemora are scrptual evidence of that. God wnats you be his partner on yuor own free will. IF you lie, murder, deciet, have sex orgys, aand the worst, worship any other god but him...god can, might, or will destroy you.
God dosnt care about ALL of us being partners, he cares about those that accept him. Thats how it works. OBamas statement is nothing more than a way to lure others in...a soft phrased speech too hook, line and sinker us all.
so god cares? i belive on god. God would not force vacinations on everyone. but man int he flesh certainly will, without gods a ok to do so. god would want figiveness and to non greedy, yet our governemnt again, sends hundreds of millions to Isreal. Look at what they did to the Palesininas! used them as human shileds, tanks ran over babys, ethiniic cleansing. we sent em money in return!
Are you sure you shuold be using the word 'GOD' in any of yuor speeches obama?

top topics

join