It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a question for some of you creationists-why do you find it so insulting to be related to apes

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by swolleneyeball

Who do you think would be the one's to answer the questions. The ones closer to the beginning, actually being there and observing what is happening, or others, thousands of years later, working from a theory with an incomplete jigsaw puzzle that has a trillion pieces and they only have 10 or 20 to work from?

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike_A

No i am not saying that scientific achievement didn't not happen over the past 200 years.

What i am saying is that what the mahabharata speaks of are the same things.

You say it is crazy to believe, but they left a book describing it. Now how can you think that we are above them. They saw it. They described it.

Things that they saw can be scientifically proven to be a reality. Some things science cannot explain. Why? Because its not advanced enough yet. I dont know if it is the same book, but an ancient text explains how to make a television. Now if you do not consider these as proof, then keep looking.

[edit on 25-8-2009 by Conclusion]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Conclusion

You say it is crazy to believe, but they left a book describing it.

Putting “(nuclear bomb)” in brackets after a vague description of fire and death doesn’t mean it’s actually describing a nuclear bomb.

I dont know if it is the same book, but an ancient text explains how to make a television.

No it doesn’t, that’s nonsense.

This is from the same school of logic that says because Da Vinci drew a chair with a spirally thing on top this means that he invented the helicopter. It’s nothing but wishful interpretation.

By the way, with this television thing are you thinking of this...

www.i-jacques.com...

Edit – I’ve actually been looking this up and it turns out what you posted earlier isn’t actually from any ancient text. It is from the “Vaimanika Shastra” which was published in 1952 by a man who claimed that Pandit Subbaraya Shastry channeled the information that it contains. Not only this but studies by actual aeronautic engineers find the text to be completely lacking when it comes to an understanding aeronautical principles.

[edit on 25-8-2009 by Mike_A]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike_A

Survey says....................wrong

web.utk.edu...

here is a link to the Mahabharata........lol 1950's lol

Well we see things differently. You cant convince me and i cant convince you.
Oh well.

Well yeah they are going to find things wrong with. It would go against everything we would believe.

Also Ancient india is not the only ones to talk about flying machines
www.world-mysteries.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

The Mahabharata and Ramayana both exist (I never said they didn’t) but in neither can you find the …

“"Gurkha, flying a swift and powerful vimana (fast aircraft) hurled a single projectile (rocket) charged with the power of the Universe (nuclear device).” Etc

… passages that you quoted or as you quoted them.

That is from the Vaimanika Shastra which is often passed off as being ancient, part of the above two epics or have passages from this text passed of as from the above. Look it up, please.

Edit - By the way, was that the TV thing you were thinking of?

[edit on 25-8-2009 by Mike_A]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike_A

Not the Mahabharata? Then why did one of the scientist, after the explosion of the first atomic bomb, quote from it?....lol

The ancient Mahabharata, one of the sources on Vimanas, goes on to tell the awesome destructiveness of the war:

"...(the weapon was) a single projectile
charged with all the power of the Universe.
An incandescent column of smoke and flame
As bright as the thousand suns rose in all its splendor...

An iron thunderbolt,
A gigantic messenger of death,
Which reduced to ashes
The entire race of the Vrishnis
And the Andhakas.

... the corpses were so burned
As to be unrecognizable.
The hair and nails fell out;
Pottery broke without apparent cause,
And the birds turned white.

... After a few hours
All foodstuffs were infected...
... to escape from this fire
The soldiers threw themselves in streams
To wash themselves and their equipment..."

It was Oppenheimer who, upon viewing from a distance the gigantic mushroom cloud and fiery chaos of that initial explosion, declared, "I am become the destroyer of worlds." That was a quote from the Hindu scriptures, the Bhagavad Gita.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike_A

No that wasnt the TV thing, but it was interesting.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I think you mean Robert Oppenheimer who supposedly said

“If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the mighty one... “

and

“I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds”.

Neither of these quotes had any connection to what you claim to be part of the Mahabharata nor do these prove that your quotes can be found in the Mahabharata.

Can you find me a full text of the Mahabharata from an unbiased source and point me directly to the verse in which these quotes can be found?

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Totakeke
reply to post by Valhall

But there are three problems with that. For one, the Bible describes God creating all creatures within a few literal days, not over millions of years. Second, God wouldn't need to use evolution to create humans. Third, the Bible also says that man sinned against God and allowed death (among other things) to enter the world. There's no way there could have been death before man since it was man who brought death into the world by sinning.

First off, I have no idea what God's timeline is/was. No, the Bible does not describe creating all creatures in a few literal days...not to anyone that doesn't take it that literally. Second, death could not come to MAN until man sinned - according to the Genesis story - that doesn't have anything to do with what he (man) evolved from.

You have 3 problems, but I have none. Let's just leave at that because my faith is not open to your debate.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike_A

Ok let me look it up....be back in a minute or 2.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by IDK88
Why do apes get their own identity while we are only understood in terms of apes? I personally don't think it makes sense that we were once something else and became what we are. I believe that ever since we were in the primordial soup that we are now what we always have been and apes are what they have always been.

By the reasoning that we came from apes then another human like group should arrive at some time in the future...well what are they now? Shouldn't it be possible to see what animals will eventually reach the level of what humans are today at some point in the future? If evolution is true, then shouldn't it still be true?

In a high school biology class, the teacher told me that evolution no longer occurs. I took that to mean that evolution never occured and that it is a crock. It's not insulting to be evolved from apes, its insulting to be treated as if we have the intelligence of apes as humans.

Thank you Mr. IDK88. It is so refreashing to find some logic and understanding in this place. But we can argue till we turn green then purple and they are not going to comprehend. Some day soon when we all see the big guy in the sky and they will know from who and how they were created. It will be kind of funny when the resurection of the dead occurs and they think they are being invaded by zombies. LOL... LOL...WEW.. HOO... Lord have mercy that thought just made me roll in the floor. I look forward to that day, is that wrong?

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by kcire

Originally posted by Mr Headshot
Man, everyone needs to stop grouping everyone else up into overly broad and generalized groups.

You are absolutely right! I will try to eliminate this from my way of thinking...

Problem is that I am often alone in the way I think about certain things...so automatically everybody else is 'them'...somehow I cannot escape this way of looking at some situations.

And...btw...when someone says 'I am a christian' how is it possible not to generalize him into a 'Christian'?

P.S. were is my Avatar image? In my profile it's there, but inhere I do not see it? Didn't know were else to put this question...

[edit on 25-8-2009 by kcire]

[edit on 25-8-2009 by kcire]

Well, there are so many different versions of christianity that I find it hard to group them up together. I mean they can't agree what is right between themselves lol.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

lol No! I asked for the full text from an unbiased source and for you to point out the specific verses. This isn’t it; this is a source that makes the same claims you do (not unbiased), and does not provide the full text.

Can you or can you not post the full text, from an unbiased source (one that doesn’t claim that it includes nuclear bombs and such) in which you can find those passages? If not, why not?

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
The Evolutionists have yet to explain IF humans evolved from Apes, then who created the Apes that we supposedly evolved from?
As far as I'm concerned, both creationism and evolutionism lead back to the one great source and we all know who that is.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike_A

lol No! I asked for the full text from an unbiased source and for you to point out the specific verses. This isn’t it; this is a source that makes the same claims you do (not unbiased), and does not provide the full text.

Can you or can you not post the full text, from an unbiased source (one that doesn’t claim that it includes nuclear bombs and such) in which you can find those passages? If not, why not?

OK buddy. If you read the Bible Genises Ch. 1 vs. 1 to Revelations Ch. 22 vs. 21 you will learn all you need to know. You must understand how the number 7 is relevent to the time line, then you need to understand the seven days of creation, then the seven feasts as well as the original calander to begin to understand the time line if you are so interested look it up it is in there from begining to end. I will give you a cheat "sheet" go to youtube and watch the 12 films called Daniels Time Line. I do not agree with this guy 100% but he has the time line down to a T. Good luck with that, I hope you find the validation you need to put God's time line to peace with you.

[edit on 25-8-2009 by Melissa101]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Melissa101

What does that have to do with nuclear bombs and jet fighters being in the Mahabharata?

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike_A

Oops,
I hit the reply to the wrong person, I did not check after the post to see if it was directed at the correct person. I hit send and went to check on another thread. I am so sorry. I have no idea about what you are talking about. Oopsy daisey....

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
if a creationist is an educated person, and they research the history of the good book, they will see it in a different light, i feel but do not know, that some of their "faith" will come from blind ignorance and fear that if there is a god he will smite them down, hence the term "god fearing people", but it still suprises me that these so called believers do not have a single clue about the bible and blaspheme on a regular basis, pay homage to false idols and generaly pick and choose which part of the bible they follow and discount anything that does not fit in with their fragile beliefs.

it has always amazed me how some people cannot exist without some kind of belief, flitting from one religon to another, wasting their spiritual lives on the words of other humans, allowing themselves to become embroiled in organised religionwith all of its idiocies, but at the end of the day it is their choice, and to take a quote from a great man, "they are the sheep and i am the shepard"

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join