It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a question for some of you creationists-why do you find it so insulting to be related to apes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by tungus

Very nice. Did not know that. Very interesting. 2 chromosomes fused hmm. Off subject but it reminds of the 500000 year old nuclear reactor that scientists said was naturally made. Hmm. Maybe nature is smarter than we think.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Taz4591

I find this entire discussion slightly amusing and I ask this question: Why do you believe science over religion?

What religion?

Do you "believe" in gravity? If you don't, wiill you fall upwards?

Generally, atheists, agnostics, creationist, etc choose their beliefs based on proof exhibited to them.

What does that mean?

Basically, you are saying that we all believe what we see.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Well most people only hear the Die-Hard Creationist because they keep pushing their agenda that something cannot be done this way or that way, because they saw it was in the Bible. However, you rarely see the Open-Minded Creationist who allows different beliefs to soak in and the ability to understand those beliefs. Like my mom, she's a creationist, but my dad isn't and neither tried to push their religion on me (Agnostic/Atheist and Christianity). They always kept my head on right and wouldn't let me fall into a set mind set, which is really paying off now
I accept and love athesim and I accept and love christianity. But like I said, the Die-Hard Creationist who don't really care about anything, but their agenda are truely lost and they often will flood out the Open Minded Creationist who doesn't push an agenda and often promotes unity. While I am not a Creationist like my mom, I think its important to understand that Christianity and Science are very much related... Don't believe me?

Science states that we came from one cell and Christianity states that we came from on God. Whether we like it or not we are connected and the sooner we figure that out the better off we will all be

So don't be closed minded
Have an open mind, because when its closed the ego grows and when the ego grows the rise of pride goes and when pride grows the false sense of "I am right and you are wrong" doubles and when that doubles you become lost in, and with, yourself.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conclusion
reply to post by Demoncreeper

Yeah in some instances it does seem to work, but in others it doesn't. All animals on this earth would share some the same dna in either creation or evolution scenario. I think that science is still to young and it will be a while before they are ready to explain some things. Compared to philosophy and religion science is still an infant. To rule out spirituality because science cannot conceive how it works is very close minded in my opinion. Maybe one day science will reach a level of knowledge to where they can explain how it works. But who knows. What i do know from history is that the views that society was based on where more often wrong than right. So heres to knowledge of which without wisdom can be of no help at all.

Well, I think the reason that I believe science over religion is the fact that it is fact based.
Not based on a story, manipulated by people to control people..

I mean, presently, both are being used for the above purpose I'm sure...haha

But, when I can do the experiments myself and see the conclusion for myself...I'm good.
Just seems more stable to me. But that is just me.

Also, I find calling something or someone closed minded is equally guilty of the meaning.
haha.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
There are issues with the theory of evolution which even darwin acknowledged. And as someone already mentioned, the dna thing which tells us we are made of the same goop as everything else on the planet fits with both creationism and evolution.

As for the topic/question of the OP, I have actually not heard many if any creationists get insulted by the monkey thing. We all came from the soup or we are all gods creation... no dif

Unless you believe in alien intervention or perhaps ID, which is another story

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Demoncreeper

It is good to have facts. Think of it like this. Newton relayed the laws of physics. Correct? Now science has quantum theory. Newtons laws are not very helpful in that field. So is he wrong or right. Both it would appear. In that it tells me one can be right or wrong or both. My reference to close mindedness was to say that to say something is wrong because you cannot prove it, doesn't mean its wrong. I mean if verifiable proof is needed to be correct about anything, then evolution as with religion should not be considered at all.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

reply to post by tungus

Very nice. Did not know that. Very interesting. 2 chromosomes fused hmm. Off subject but it reminds of the 500000 year old nuclear reactor that scientists said was naturally made. Hmm. Maybe nature is smarter than we think.

Thank you. Check out this slide presentation I find it very interesting, it certainly makes you go hmm.

Here is the full website. Click on "Intervention" button.

[edit on 24-8-2009 by tungus]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
This is the reason they are insulted and find it impossible for us to be related to apes/chimps/monkeys whatever.

That would mean that we are not relatives to Adam and Eve.

I swear, thats why.

The reason I know this is my mother submitted our DNA to National Geographic so they could track where we REALLY came from. It was a big project, and since she passed, nobody has found the results.

Anyways, I was telling and aunt and uncle about the project, and they looked at me like I was pissing in their corn flakes. They subtly mentioned Adam and Eve, and I realized we were talking apples and oranges.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Off subject but it reminds of the 500000 year old nuclear reactor that scientists said was naturally made. Hmm. Maybe nature is smarter than we think.

Not to go too far off topic, but what the heck? Got a link for info on that? big time curious now lol

Back to topic! //cracks whip//

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tungus

Yeah that was interesting. Anything is possible. It would definitely strengthen ones view one alien engineering. Maybe Sitchin was right....

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

Lol. sorry about that.
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
try that and see if it works

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tungus

The full sight is awsome. thanks for the link.
I love stuff like that.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

reply to post by Jomina

Lol. sorry about that.
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
try that and see if it works

thanks a ton, Conclusion! I am ALWAYS interested in the strange and bizarre
This looks to fit the bill lol

Just as does the whole fused chromosome that was found. I love that find lol

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

Yeah this stuff really makes you think. lol. There is so much out their to yet be discovered. Life is a flower garden, Dig it. - Joe Dirt.

It is stuff like that, that lets me know that our science is still very young and much much more flawed than religion.

I am not saying that people who are religious are right, I am saying that the creators of ancient religions knew something we didn't.

Maybe spirituality is the way to discover all the hard questions. If you want to know whats in the water, science can tell you what you need to know.

If you want to know whats in the mind, spirituality is the way to go.

lol. I love this stuff.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I have a question for you Evolutionists.

How did life start without a Devine creator?
The horse and the hippo are supposed to have common ancestors. Selectivly breed all the horses you want and show me the resulting hippo, or a moose from a cow, or a parrot from a chicken etc...

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ..5..
I have a question for you Evolutionists.

How did life start without a Devine creator?
The horse and the hippo are supposed to have common ancestors. Selectivly breed all the horses you want and show me the resulting hippo, or a moose from a cow, or a parrot from a chicken etc...

I wouldn't consider myself and evolutionist, but can appreciate the science and observation of evolution.

Evolution has more to do with adaptation to the environment over long periods of time. It doesn't happen overnight. Those who adapt and change survive. Those who don't are no longer here.

I am also completely comfortable, and many of my strict evolution friends, in giving our creator credit for the ability to evolve, flourish, and thrive.

Give credit to God for evolution.

However, this is where the Adam and Eve things gets tricky isn't it? You have to REALLY believe that Eve was built from Adam's rib, and they shagged enough, and their kids shagged enough, with eachother mind you, and those relatives were lucky to get on a big boat and survive a flood to get here.

The god given ability to evolve and adapt sounds a bit less far fetched.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShiningSabrewolf
I've actually got a few questions to ask you, but this is a start. It's always puzzled me how humans could be insulted to be told they are related to apes, that we had a common ancestor and so are in the same family. Why would you be insulted that it be suggested the human species be related to some of the smartest, gentlest, family minded and let's face it, sometimes brutal and explicit creatures on Earth?
Is it because they are hairy or something?

Please excuse me if I garbled or made this unclear, I am doing this on my phme

Humans are a species of ape - fact!

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by brocket99

I would have to disagree with your statement. The chimps that didn't evolve are still here.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ShiningSabrewolf

Is there evidence to this? Nope. I'm not saying it's impossible but since there isn't any solid evidence then people can be insulted all they want. If it turns out we did come from apes, then that's how it was, I wouldn't be insulted.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

reply to post by brocket99

I would have to disagree with your statement. The chimps that didn't evolve are still here.

It's not a matter of humans exist so apes no longer exist. Why take a position with such finality?

The possibility of living in times of your evolutionary brothers and sisters is very possible, and that could be the case with other primates.

I think you're imagining a bunch of people around a casket saying a teary goodbye to their last monkey grandpa.

Humans just happen to be the ones who adapted the fastest and through selection of mates developed the way we did, and other animals the way they did.

This scenario you are eluding to is very smalled minded.

IF HUMANS exist, their ancestors cannot. OR if APES exists, humans cannot.

If you care to take a stab at a decent explanation of the Adam and Even thing please do. I'd love to hear your understanding of that.

Keep in mind I did give credit to a devine creator for the ability to adapt, evolve, and change.

[edit on 24-8-2009 by brocket99]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join