It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a question for some of you creationists-why do you find it so insulting to be related to apes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I've actually got a few questions to ask you, but this is a start. It's always puzzled me how humans could be insulted to be told they are related to apes, that we had a common ancestor and so are in the same family. Why would you be insulted that it be suggested the human species be related to some of the smartest, gentlest, family minded and let's face it, sometimes brutal and explicit creatures on Earth?
Is it because they are hairy or something?

Please excuse me if I garbled or made this unclear, I am doing this on my phme

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ShiningSabrewolf

I don't think it's so much that they find it insulting, but that they are looking to ridicule non-believers by calling them stinky monkeys.

I wonder if their goal is to get someone to turn to Jesus Christ after suffering the embarassment of being called an ape to ensure they never be called one again?

Otherwise, they are just being jack asses and calling people names.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Not as much apes as chimpanzees.

Second line.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I don't find it insulting, I just dont see the link from cave man to man, like the episode from south park, some fish had a retarded baby that walked on land and that retarded baby had a retarded baby with a mouse then all of them some how manifested into a human??

Weird enough, evolution isn't perfect, neither is creationism, and who really cares anyways it's up to everyone to believe what they want

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012
I don't find it insulting, I just dont see the link from cave man to man, like the episode from south park, some fish had a retarded baby that walked on land and that retarded baby had a retarded baby with a mouse then all of them some how manifested into a human??

Weird enough, evolution isn't perfect, neither is creationism, and who really cares anyways it's up to everyone to believe what they want

No retarded babies reproducing. Don't take advice from a half man, half woman, half man again. Sexually confused mr/s garrison...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I dont mind being called an ape. lol. i have been called a lot worst. lol. I just cant figure how anyone can believe that we evolved form apes. Because our Dna is close i guess. But just think about it. We are probably one of the weakest animals on earth. Yet we have conquered this planet for the most part. It is because of our thoughts. We get these thoughts from where? Exactly. As far as evolution. I do believe we evolve for our environment, but its hard for me to believe we evolved from apes. Not saying i am right mind you. To me if evolution from a different type of animal has occurred, then evolution would be an on going process. Then why did the same apes that we evolved from are no longer evolving. There has to be something more to this. Since science as of yet cannot explain it for fact, then i will resume my believe to be different from yours.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

XDDD

Well, as long as the world isn't taken over by sea otters I'm happy

I'm also not a creationist, and I do think there is a link between man and monkeys, but I don't see the evidence to support where and what the true link is, homoerectus just magically became homoerectus, there is no link before that. =\

(edit) I guess the monkey must of had a retarded baby =O!!

[edit on 24-8-2009 by Revolution-2012]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

It's always puzzled me how humans could be insulted to be told they are related to apes, that we had a common ancestor and so are in the same family.

Perhaps because of the widespread belief that God created us through Adam and Eve?

Why would you be insulted that it be suggested the human species be related to some of the smartest, gentlest, family minded and let's face it, sometimes brutal and explicit creatures on Earth?

If you ask me, the apes would be more insulted to be suggested that they are related to humans.

Is it because they are hairy or something?

Aren't we all hairy?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
It all reminds me so much of planet of the apes...

i can see evolution playing a really wicked fun game, where it splits humanity into 2 parts.. the evolutionists becoming big human-like apes, and the creationists remaining human but too ignorant to be able to even speak.

Ultimate practical joke right there

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

Wow. Strong words.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conclusion
reply to post by Jomina

Wow. Strong words.

haha nothing untowards intended with it all, just one of those funny "what if" moments. As for me, I'm not a creationist nor an evolutionist, somewhere inbetween lol

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
The only reason is that they don't want to be compaired/related to DMAN, DITRY APES! Ahem, had to do it.
but yeah, they don't want to think they are related to what they think are stupid, filthy creatures that god made as a mistake.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Conclusion

I've always found the saying "Well if we evolved from apes, why do we still have apes?" amusing.

I've also heard we are a cruel joke from aliens, taking the DNA from monkeys and mixing it with a tiny bit of theirs, to see what happens. haha.

But evolution presents a strong case.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Demoncreeper

Yeah, at least evoultionist scientists will try to prove themselves.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
One thing that creationists don't really seem to realize, as well, is that according to our DNA we're not too far removed from bananas, too lol

To my mind, that just proves even more that we're all, all things, connected together at our very cores, and need to recognize that

But they need a reason to feel separate from everyone else, and that's as good a reason as any, I suppose.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by breakingdradles
Otherwise, they are just being jack asses and calling people names.

I can't help but wonder how low an intellect must be to not see the irony in this statement

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

Haha,
I don't know if I'd be insulted if someone called me a big banana, though.

Hahaha.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Demoncreeper

Yeah in some instances it does seem to work, but in others it doesn't. All animals on this earth would share some the same dna in either creation or evolution scenario. I think that science is still to young and it will be a while before they are ready to explain some things. Compared to philosophy and religion science is still an infant. To rule out spirituality because science cannot conceive how it works is very close minded in my opinion. Maybe one day science will reach a level of knowledge to where they can explain how it works. But who knows. What i do know from history is that the views that society was based on where more often wrong than right. So heres to knowledge of which without wisdom can be of no help at all.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I'm not a creationist but I think the problem they have is this:

There is a cartoon from the New Yorker that depicts an early caveman with his wife leave the cave of his grandparents who are apes. To avoid copyright issues here is the link to the cartoon.

If you work the evolution logic backwards, at some point, the babies of our ancestors began gradually to look more like humans and less like apes, or primates.

Which is odd in itself not only because it begs the question how did the first proto-humans get their features without any predecessors (the so-called missing link) but also how did they make it to reproduction age since primates kill their young with slightest facial deformities.

The other thing is the primates have 48 chromosomes and humans have 46. Not to mention that humans are 5 times weaker than the chimp. Isn't that a devolution instead of evolution? Yes, humans are smarter but where did the 'smart' genes come from? From thin air, apparently.

Also, it gets stranger: when you examine our 46 chromosomes you see that we didn't lose anything but 2 chromosomes appeared to have 'fused'. That type of genetic fusion happens in a lab, not in nature. If it happens in nature, we would see all kind of species giving birth to other, smarter species all the time. Specifically, we would observe apes giving birth to half-human half-apes spontaneously. This is clearly not the case.

Or half-apes half-anything for that matter, it doesn't have to be human. Evolution has no preference as to who makes it and what they look like. If it did it would be Intelligent Design.

My signature is a little misleading, apparently genetic engineering is so easy that even a prehistoric ape can do it.

[edit on 24-8-2009 by tungus]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I find this entire discussion slightly amusing and I ask this question: Why do you believe science over religion?

Generally, atheists, agnostics, creationist, etc choose their beliefs based on proof exhibited to them. Althouh, natural events, personal disasters, and dependence may also play a factor.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join