It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marine Earns Navy Cross for Valor Under Fire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Marine Earns Navy Cross for Valor Under Fire

www.military.com

Fenton, a Fredericksburg, Va., native, explained how Weinmaster shoved Wilkerson out of the way then jumped toward the grenade to try and smother the blast. As he jumped, the grenade exploded sending the majority of its shrapnel into Weinmaster.

Weinmaster effectively shielded his team leader from the blast and Wilkerson was spared from any shrapnel. Weinmaster, however, received serious wounds, including a piece of shrapnel that entered his left eye socket and traveled halfway into his brain, where it remains to this day.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
This guy, threw himself at a grenade to save his brothers.

When I drive my little car to my little cubicle and think it sucks to have to wait at a red light for a couple minutes, I need to remember things like this.

I had heard stories like this when I was a kid, but now that I'm older, I think they just mean more to me.

This guy laid down his life for his fellow man. What have I done today? Not much.

It's just great to see him getting some recognition.

www.military.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
As much as I hate war, and I HATE war, I love our soldiers.

This young man is a wonderful example of what is RIGHT with so many of our young people. May god bless this young man and his family.

To you for giving this man some honor here on ats. Now where is everyone else?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

Great story. I remember hearing stories about that kind of bravery in World War Two, from a family friend. He recently passed, but some of the stories he told me, I won't forget. One about a man running up to an advancing tank, with a grenade. The man got shot two times, but he still climbed the tank and killed the gunner on top, and threw the grenade in the tank. I don't know if the stories he told me was true, but I'm sure things like that did occur.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Trams

I saw mention of this a few days ago and though for sure someone would have mentioned it. I saw it again today, and they had added a little more detail to it. These are the guys I want to be on the right side of. I just wish we could bring them home.

top topics

join