It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Challenger claims fraud in Afghan vote

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Challenger claims fraud in Afghan vote

cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com

From Kevin Flower
CNN

KABUL, Afghanistan (CNN) — Incumbent President Hamid Karzai’s chief rival, Abdullah Abdullah, Monday repeated his charges of widespread ballot fraud and declared that Karzai “single-handedly put Afghanistan at risk by trying to rig the elections.”

As Afghanistan’s elections commission prepared to start releasing preliminary voting results in the nation’s contested presidential race on Tuesday, Abdullah told CNN in an interview that his campaign had received what he described as credible reports of fraud in the southern provinces, where security was poor
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Well now isn’t this lovely? Abdullah Abdullah isn’t just challenging grammar checks on word processors but Hamid Karzai’s candidacy for another term as Afghanistan’s President claiming wide spread voter fraud in the south.

It will be interesting to see if the Main Stream Media and the U.S. Government has nearly anything remotely quite as much to say about allegations of voter fraud in Afghanistan which is for all intents and purposes a U.S. puppet state and government as opposed to the reaction of allegations in Iran’s latest election.

Karzai of course being an American puppet can probably count on much more favorable treatment than Iran’s President and needless to say demonstrations against the results would be met by U.S. Marines and not the Revolutionary Guard.

Which of course makes it all alright? Right?

cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
So here we are almost 9 years later still in Afghanistan with U.S. Military planners saying that the situation in Afghanistan is deteriorating and evidently so if we can’t even see that the elections for the democracy we forced on the Afghans are run in a clean and fair manner.

A lot more young women than jut Nedda have died in Afghanistan over the last long 8 years of war and this is what the war has wrought? A weak vassal President whose government is known for it’s corruption rigging the ballot boxes with U.S. Troops standing guard?

Say it ain’t so!

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
What a suprise.
But hey, it worked for Iran, right?

I wrote this one a few days back.
'Fair Elections in Afghanistan?'

Of course there was cheating. Of course the US's man is in the job. That's the way it always goes. If the man is not approved as an acceptable puppet, he can't 'rule' Afghanistan.

Play by America's rules or find a different game.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Hell would freeze over before an election in Aghanistan was fair.Course there will be fraud on the local level...but i seriously doubt America and other countries would put so much resources into this war and actually let free and fair elections take place.Far too much risk in that.I know i will get called an American/British basher etc but to me it's common sense...

[edit on 24-8-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
Hell would freeze over before an election in Aghanistan was fair.Course there will be fraud on the local level...but i seriously doubt America and other countries would put so much resources into this war and actually let free and fair elections take place.Far too much risk in that.I know i will get called an American/British basher etc but to me it's common sense...

[edit on 24-8-2009 by Solomons]

What a sad but true statement Solomons, indeed would the U.S. put so much money and blood into the conquest and control of a nation and then let it actually decide it's own destiny?

I think not too. Thanks for posting.

new topics

top topics

join