It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Business census 3rd Notice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Help, I tried to post in general but it would not let me. Is this legal ? I thought they could only ask you how many lived in your home. They are asking personal business questions that I would not even tell a friend on this business questionaire. Form SBO-1 stating required by law title 13 of the US code. I tried to google it but found nothing that helps answer my question except I may get a 500.00 fine for not answering it. I have been in business 25 years and have never received one of these. I tossed the last 2 that I received last month, they seem to change the questions every time this one seems shorter. The last one asked totally personal questions that had nothing to do with business. They refere to year 2007 and before.
Has anyone else received this form? What did you do? I dont want to answer the questions.

Thanks for any help.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by saralee

Contact the office that sent you the mail... Then contact an attorney-)

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The SBO Business Census for 2007 is required to be conducted every 5 years by the U.S. Census Bureau according to Title 13 of the United States Code.

It is possible to be in business all of your life and never receive a SBO-1 Form from the Census Bureau, as unlike the regular Census, the SBO Business Census this Census is sent to a random sample of businesses selected from a list of all firms operating during 2007 with receipts of $1,000 or more according to that year's Tax Filings with the I.R.S.

There are 82 Questions on the 2007 SBO-1 that has recently been mailed out. You can either fill it out on paper, or use the User Name & Password enclosed on the Mailing Label to do it online at censustaker.census.gov....

If the SBO-1 Census Form tells you to go to somewhere other than census.gov or the User Name & Password do not work at that link above then it is a scam. In such a case you will want to contact the Census Bureau at 1-800-923-8282 to report it.

As far as the intrusive nature of the Census, the SBO Census doesn't seem any more so than the last three that were conducted within the last 20 years. However, the 2010 Individual Census seems to be more akin to the SBO Census than it has in decades past by asking for similar information that is highly personal and private.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
GUESS I AM PAYING THE 500.00.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by saralee

That would be best. They don't need to know!

I would write them back and tell them when they find all the TARP money you will fill it out!

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Thats a good idea! Why not write it in crayon. What are they going to charge me a larger fine for defacing a census. Probably will, I am sure they are made from sack cloth over 2000 years old.
Maybe they mean the 2007 BC , lets see BC oh ya Before Congress.

top topics

join