It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mystery black shuttle like jet seen over yorkshire.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Don't be too quick.

The Dominie is the only twin jet trainer type of that ilk in the RAF, it is based at Cranwell, Lincs and is a regular visitor to the other local training station at Linton on Ouse, in Yorkshire. There is no other explanation for it being high gloss black, but due to its shape it can look dramatically different from various angles. The only other possible (or likely) explanation is that the OP got the colour wrong and it was of the Navy Blue painted Falcon 20's of FRADU, but they do not fly up here except for airshows (was it a weekend maybe?)

The gloss black Dominies are up and down day in day out and fit the description, incidentally there are two major versions of the Dominie in service, the one in the images is based on an early model 125, another model looks much sleeker with a redesigned nose and was based on the -600, it could be this version the op saw which is leading to the confusion.

The Domine is also bigger than a Learjet and smaller than the Sentinel, as described. Either way I think this is a very likely explanation for the sighting, or do you still hold that is is mysterious Challenger model of indeterminate origin?

You can send it by paypal if you like

[edit on 24-8-2009 by waynos]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by waynos

Yes I do. The body fits his description and the only problem he had with my link was that it was smaller.

Care to provide a pic of what you think it is in place of the pic you provided which the OP had previously posted as not being that plane?

The challenger isn't of unexplained origin. They are a very popular private jet.

[edit on 24-8-2009 by jd140]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I'll have a trawl for a pic.

The Challenger is extremely popular, my point was that I have shown and explained why a gloss black twin jet would be seen in Yorkshire, who owns it and where it is based.

Whither this Callenger?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by waynos

No you have shown a plane that he said was not it based around that area.

So far the plane I provided fits his description.

But I tire from this game and see no reason to play any longer. So just to save you from replying to me again I will leave with these words.

You are right.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
But I might not be. I thought we were having a debate and found some images to illustrate my point for you to scrutinise, then you come out with that? Oh well, sod it then.

I thought we were trying to thrash out the correct solution, not win a contest. Some pics of gloss black Challengers might have helped.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Oh well, if stroppyknickers has gone, stealthyaroura, as the op, from below was it this shape?

cdn-www.airliners.net...
cdn-www.airliners.net...

My second choice, though less likey was this, a FRADU Falcon;

cdn-www.airliners.net...

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by waynos

yes i think i have settled on the dominie, sorry for the run around but that is the nearest plane that looks like and most probably is, unless i can get a pic i will say that it is that.

and if there is a newer model with a different nose then it definitely was that dominie, yes i agree looks can be deceptive at different angles.

this is the 1st time i have seen this plane over north Yorkshire and the 1st time i have seen one,well that low the description by waynos fits it to a t.

[edit on 25/8/2009 by stealthyaroura] for spelling of domin

[edit on 25/8/2009 by stealthyaroura]for spelling of dominie and again.

[edit on 25/8/2009 by stealthyaroura]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a better pic thats the baby.

www.mamboccv.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by stealthyaroura

Thought you said the engines were on the tail?

Anyways, glad you found out what it is.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Glad I could help. It is odd how from some views a plane can look completely different. Only yesterday I was watching a pair of F-15's mock dogfighting each other over Skeggy beach and, as distinctive as the F-15 is, and with very different Tornado and Typhoon being the only likely alternatives for this location, it still took a couple of minutes peering throught the haze to be sure. Very entertaining though.

Here is a Dominie playing at 'fighters' lol

www.airliners.net...&sid=6316f4187d472c32fbdb7b583fbd3737

[edit on 25-8-2009 by waynos]

RAB

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I live near Skipton North Yorkshire,

Over the past few weeks I've seen a lot of Hawks flying about normally in formation and are painted black I think out of Leeming. But this summer has been busier than last for random over flights.

Still try to get a nice shot though, the Sigma lens I’m using is very sleepy.. :-)

Off up da moors in a few weeks in Cumbria so will try then!

RAB

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Hello,

I have just seen the plane fly over very low in Saltburn - just north of North Yorkshire. Got a really good look at it and can definately say it was a Sentinal R1 painted black. It looked like a shuttle from a certain angle.

My dad says he's seen it quite a few times over the last few months.
Must be coming from RAF Leeming as it was with a couple of Hawks also painbted black.

Cheers,

Chris.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
sorry out of bandwith there for a bit, no it was 99.9% a dominie like the one i posted a pic of but maybe just a bit newer with a re-designed nose, till i get a shot of it thats what i say i saw cos it fits the bestand all the other planes are too big that have been mentioned,waynos nailed it.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I would hazard a guess that the OP did see a Dominie, probably this variant? (If it is a Dominie) What intrigues me is the underwing mounts, something I've never seen on a Dominie before.

EDIT Oops, missed the image of the Falcon from Waynos, you've already answered my question!

[edit on 10-12-2009 by RygelUK]

[edit on 10-12-2009 by RygelUK]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   

The Sentinel R1 does fit the description, a rear position twin engine delta winged aircraft

The Sentinel (assuming that you posted the correct photo) does not have a delta wing. It has a swept wing. Also, apart from the bulges at the front, it looks like a relatively normal plane to me.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by Mogget]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join