It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adam Sandler's views on the Lockerbie Bomber

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Don't know where this should go but I just liked the way he stuns the BBC presenters.

I wish I could have tapped the rest of the program as they were totally caught off guard and uneasy throughout the program.

They where asking people on the street about the release of the Libyan Lockerbie bomber and then went back to the studio and guest ....

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Instead of asking the people on the street they should have been asking the hundreds of people who had their family members murdered by that man.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
sorry, but The One show is awful. They are always making tenuous links, like going from a funny story about Otters to a story on the rise in breast cancer, the poor guest has to sit there and give their opinion on the issue. watch the channel 4 news instead.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
i love it and couldnt agree more.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I would be very disturbed to live in a country where Sandler's statement was considered over the top. When populations lose their moral bearings, such as passing out candy in celebration of the 9-11 attacks, cheering "freedom fighters" that target school buses and civilian soft targets, and defend people who actually announce their purpose to destroy the host society, I find I have nothing to say. Communication with these people is totally pointless. When their metros and busses explode again, I would just remind them of their "compassion". Any society that no longer feels the need to defend itself against external enemies deserves its eventual fate.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
What Sandler said was what most of America is saying but are they in possession of all the facts? Over here in the UK at least we question decisions like this. . . In America they just tend to go along with what their government says. Their news stations, Fox, CNN,ABC, etc are so good at spinning a tale and manipulating the American people. You've only got to look at how they have scared the people out of wanting a health care system to see how Americans can be told what to think and do. . .

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I wish the guy was dead too, and that isn't a "Mickey Mouse" remark. Thank god I live in America where I can still offend people with my speech!

I thought the hosts were going to "wee" themselves when Sandler said that.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
And I care about a celebrities opinion about an obvious injustice because?..

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

This isn't the place for a health care debate, but 47 million Americans are either not covered by health insurance or "undercovered". That is roughly 16% of the American population. Some Americans don't see the future in wrecking the economy for 16% of the population.

As to the real subject, the American system works this way: if a person is convicted of a crime in a legitimate court, he is guilty unless an appeal reverses the court's decision. It matters not if all the newspapers, TV "journalists" etc., think him to be innocent. If the jury finds him guilty, it generally takes new evidence presented to the court to lift the conviction. In the US, public opinion in favor of a convicted felon has no effect on the court, or at least should not.

new topics

top topics

join