It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calls for Scotland Boycott Increase

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Did we Boycott America when people all over the states handed money over to the Irish for "the cause"? Does half of the Americans know how much money they willingly and knowingly handed over to the terrorists? Do they know or CARE how many British people THEIR money killed?, we're talking direct action here.

This is the part of American society that makes me sick to my stomach, "we can do it to you but god help you if it's the other way around". I bet the folk wanting a direct boycott are the same people that helped the IRA for decades.

I don't blame all the American people hence why I still holiday over there, let's hope there is some decency and common sense left in the US of A.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Boycott Scotland??

Hahaha, you Yanks crack me up!!

Apart from being a country full of really nice people.. Scotland is in the UK, its also in the EU.. boycotting it in any official way would cause an incident with the EU and UK.. that would be BAD.

Also, why don't you boycott yourselves for living in a country that's run my mass murderers and criminals? Instead of trying to boycott a country that released a dying man who was locked up under circumstantial evidence..

Finally.. what does Scotland produce that is sold in the US that would be possible to boycott? Whiskey?

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Love this poem so boycott all that!!!!

Scottish Inventors and Inventions
The average Englishman in the home he call his castle slips into his national costume, a shabby raincoat, patented by Chemist Charles Macintosh from Glasgow, Scotland.

En-route to his office he strides along the English lane, surfaced by John Macadam of Ayr, Scotland.

He drives an English car fitted with tyres invented by John Boyd Dunlop, Veterinary Surgeon of Dreghorn, Scotland.

At the office he receives the mail bearing adhesive stamps invented by John Chalmers, Bookseller and Printer of Dundee, Scotland.

During the day he uses the telephone invented by Alexander Graham Bell, born in Edinburgh, Scotland. At home in the evening his daughter pedals her bicycle invented by Kirkpatrick Macmillan, Blacksmith of Thornhill, Dumfriesshire, Scotland.

He watches the news on television, an invention of John Logie Baird of Helensburgh, Scotland, and hears an item about the U.S. Navy founded by John Paul Jones of Kirkbean, Scotland.

Nowhere can an Englishman turn to escape the ingenuity of the Scots.

He has by now been reminded too much of Scotland and in desperation he picks up the Bible, only to find that the first man mentioned in the good book is a Scot, King James VI, who authorized its translation.

He could take to drink but the Scots make the best in the world.

He could take a rifle and end it all, but the breech-loading rifle was invented by Captain Patrick Ferguson of Pitfours, Scotland.

If he escaped death, he could find himself on an operating table injected with penicillin, discovered by Sir Alexander Fleming of Darvel, Scotland, and given chloroform, an anesthetic discovered by Sir James Young Simpson, Obstetrician and Gynecologist of Bathgate, Scotland.

Out of the anesthetic he would find no comfort in learning that he was as safe as the Bank of England founded by William Paterson of Dumfries, Scotland.

Perhaps his only remaining hope would be to get a transfusion of guid Scottish blood which would entitle him to ask:

"Wha's Like Us?"

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by yeebsy

Ah yea. but that was for a good cause

Second line lol

He could take to drink but the Scots make the best in the world.

Ill have to argue that one with you

[edit on 3/9/09 by Dermo]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
What a silly notion.I don't believe he was the perpetrator of the crime but even if he was.I think he should be allowed to spend his last weeks with his family.Im not going to go out my way to justify that,it just seems like the right thing to do imo.And dermo is right...irish whiskey is the best in the world
It's nice to hear about scottish inventions too,sadly our ingenuity seems to be lacking these days.I am led to believe we still have some of the best medical researchers in the world though.

[edit on 3-9-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
According to the reports, politicians were thinking of ways to release him from 2007
How convenient then that he now has a life threatening illness so as to be released on compassionate grounds
...And just in time for Gadaffyduck's 40th anniversary of being in power!

Did he do it? Was he responsible for the atrocity? No idea, but I hate being played for fool. I would rather be told that if we release him we'd get cheaper oil. Rather just get an insult over and done with than be lied with it too!

What's the point of boycotting the Scots?
The majority wanted him to rot in prison. It's not going to affect the people who released him. Just means that there will be less Americans at next years Edinburgh's Festival!

[edit on 3/9/09 by Daisy-Lola]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Boycott Scotland? Yeah good luck with that.

How absurd.

If anyone in the UK watches Mock the Week, then this is very funny.

Keep watching to about 1.33 to hear about the Scotland issue.

[edit on 3/9/09 by Kram09]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I THINK IF Americans keep going on about this and keep calling for a boycott on scottish goods, do u think the rest of the UK will do nothing? I mean in the end do you really want to anger the british public. We have had enough of these slanders on scots so be warned and we had a belly full of american crap that we may want to let out one day....

and that above clip is just hilarious Americans take note
[edit on 3-9-2009 by loner007]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I think maybe many Americans are feeling surprised and confused, that for once a country hasn't bent over backwards to accommodate their wishes.

It must be a strange feeling....

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

Well said mate. I'm a Scotsman. I agree whole heartedly with u. Apart from the fact he was in jail in Scotland, what the hell has this to do with Scotland. It was the prime minister of England that released him!!!!

And I don't think it was him that did it either. Our corrupt governments US and UK seem to have a knack at blaming someone else and getting away with it. Wasn't there a heap of CIA agents on board???

MI5, CIA and KGB Bullsh*t come to mind here!!!

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Kram09 love that clip, near p.sh.d myself.
second line ;0)

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Well, I feel that some US officials are asking for a boycott for they just simply cannot ask the UN for sanctions against Scotland and the UK which would be a disproportionate response for releasing Abdel Baset al-Megrahi. Instead, they are going the milder route but I wouldn't be surprised at all that if they could have imposed sanctions, a trade embargo, they probably would have.

That is one heck of a way to thank the UK/Scotland for their war effort in Iraq and Afghanistan

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

LOL brilliant clip.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join