It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there groups that fight to help us?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
There must be groups out there,that fight for our rights,and for everything that is good to bring balance,i dont think if there werent any groups we would have even rights to eat anymore,without advertisments and gov checks to see if your not a criminal.
i personaly think even a small group of people can make a big difference and help humanity to preserve human rights,balance and bring peace and betternment for everyone.
i don't really know any such secret societyes,exept for some charity organizations,but theyr not the type were talking here,most of the charitys take money for just one sickness and some of them even take the money for themselfs.
were talking for a group to really fight so we dont get completly brainwashed into being sheeps.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
There are plenty, but they're not usually terribly popular.

Amnesty International, the ACLU, the NRA - all these groups are fighting for the rights of individuals vs. governments, and thus most of them are hated & demonized by political factions of one sort or another...

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
thanks,i though this thread will die like my others,and again this thread deserves atleast a little attention.
so what can a man do to join or help?
as good as those groups are i meant something more like anti-nwo that is ready to do even bad stuff to protect our rights and to better our future

[edit on 24-8-2009 by Stillalive]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
As mentioned by xmotex there are groups that help us.

However, I would think they would be the first groups to be infiltrated by the powers that be, thus thier lack of success in keeping them from taking our rites at the rate that they are.

I guess they do succeed in some cases which would lead one to believe that they are on our side when they actualy arent.

I don't know, if thier on our side or not, maybe it's just a big ruse, maybe not.
It's so hard to tell what's real and what's not in todays world.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
i guess for a group to succed they have to be pretty secret,like the bad guys thereselfs.
other type must be a big social group/net community where all members are known about,and they fight withing legal laws.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Like those charities or groups mean anything. If they were doing their jobs or purpose, things would have been better off. Amnesty is a scam, they get how many billions per year, and wy isn't anything changing greatly like they said, whe world would actually change they way they said.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
To really infiltrate the enemy first you must know all you can about them. The only way you can do this is to become one of them yourself. Join their clan, infiltrate them from the inside, learn their strengths and weaknesses.
Thats when you launch a strike when they least expect it.
Why try to destroy the city walls when you can just walk right in and blow it up from the inside.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
No, there is no group that fights for "everything" that's right, because no two people agree about what's right. You've got ACLU, for example, that fights to defend First Amendment rights. That's Freedom of Speech. Well, everyone loves them, until the ACLU defends some group that we hate, like the Nazis. Then suddenly ACLU is no longer popular, they're supporting the Nazis. And so on.

The problem is that groups that fight for our rights, do so regardless of whether the folks they're helping are popular. They'll wind up helping some of the people you can't stand, because the group is fighting for *everyone's* rights, not just certain people we all happen to like.

So, ACLU looks like a bunch of Commie agitators to the far Right; and a bunch of Nazis to the far Left; because ACLU helps people who are very unpopular from either extreme.

We say that everyone in this country should get a fair trial, but we don't get too worked up if a "terrorist", gang member, or drug dealer doesn't get that fair trial. They don't "deserve" it, we tell ourselves. When some organization fights to ensure even these folks get a fair trial, people call that organization all sorts of bad names. We only want them fighting for us, not for people we don't like.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
thats what im talking about,these charity groups are all about,collection money,being on televizion,pictures with celebrities,sleeping with someone...
the groups im talking about would be more for making a change FOR the people and not just collecting money for themselfs.
even if a group collects money atleast 80% should go tot he goal.
and a group we need should not sell its spirit for popularity or cash,being on the media for the message must be different

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The only ones I can think of are the Hells Angels, The Outlaws, etc. If tshtf, I would probably try to see if I could start hanging out with them.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
i understand what your saying,i havent considered,im sure it must be hard,but if the "goal" is big and important enough so alot of people will forget theyr difference and fight for the same goal.
its a big drawback that no two persons have the exact same thoughts on justice,and not everyone in the group will agree completly with the leader,but that -----------DOSNT stop the evil groups as the so calld nwo,illuminati,etc to work agains the free nation -----------

hells angels and outlaws seem to be motor gangs,i dont have a bike ):

[edit on 24-8-2009 by Stillalive]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
In my opinion, for results - the NRA is best at doing it's stated job (defending the 2nd amendment). The ACLU is "iffy" at best and comes in far second. Other than that, not to many "people's rights" organizations make any kind of real impact.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
what exactly is nra,the gun association or am i missing something here?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiron613
The problem is that groups that fight for our rights, do so regardless of whether the folks they're helping are popular. They'll wind up helping some of the people you can't stand, because the group is fighting for *everyone's* rights, not just certain people we all happen to like.

So, ACLU looks like a bunch of Commie agitators to the far Right; and a bunch of Nazis to the far Left; because ACLU helps people who are very unpopular from either extreme.

But isn't that precisely how it is supposed to be?

Constitutional Rights are not Rights only when it is convenient, or popular, or in fashion, or conditional depending on who you are. Constitutional Rights are Unalienable Rights that belong to ALL, regardless of who you are or what phase the Moon is in, and cannot be taken away.

Each and every one of us should be incensed when these Unalienable Rights are infringed upon, regardless of who the victim might be. It doesn't matter if it is a Neo-Nazi or a Communist, or a Suspected Terrorist, or an Every-day Joe. That is the reason Lady Justice (Themis is her name), is supposed to be blind. Dirt-bag, Nut-job, Bigot, Criminal, et cetera does not matter, and does not pertain to the fight for Liberty, as they all deserve the same protection of their Unalienable Rights as the next person. Unless we fight for the Unalienable Rights for everyone then we put our own Unalienable Rights in jeopardy.

First they came for the Communists, and I didn’t speak up, because I wasn’t a Communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn’t speak up, because I wasn’t a Jew. Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn’t speak up, because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me, and by that time there was no one left to speak up for me.
~Pastor Martin Niemöller

The ACLU is doing precisely what it should be doing, and precisely what we all should be doing.

Another good advocate for Rights, in addition to Amnesty International, ACLU, the N.R.A., et cetera, is the EFF (Electronic Frontier Foundation)

[edit on 24-8-2009 by fraterormus]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
these groups are hard to be liked,alot of racial sensitivity,but if the goal is the betterment of everyones lifes,and defence against the government breaking our laws and brainwashing us,poisoning us,treating us as scum.
then all the rich people will be mad,and all the secret societyes that circle around rich people.i guess it depens what exactly the goals of the society are.
but with so much stuff going wrong today,sadly i think only radical solutions can fix some problems,fight power with power!
lets say if all rich people were given a law to give 10% of theyr wealth to charity and world betternment with strong eyes watching where the money goes,everything will be much better

top topics

join