It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barney Frank Floored By Nazi Insult at Town Hall. OMG

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I don't know about you, but that made my blood boil!

He says hes going to revert to his ethnic heritage to answer her question, which would be Jewish right?

The he completely changes the subject and mocks her!!!!

Seems like the same thing israel does to the UN when confronted by facts right?

This is what happens when people don't have an answer for a question, they side step and jab.

This woman drew a similarity between the two heath care programs, and asks a real question to her congressmen, and was expecting a real answer.

She ends up getting her IQ compared to a kitchen table and laughed at, BY HER CONGRESSMEN!!!!!

WTF IS GOING ON?!?!?!?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

Wow. Heh, you know I think the policy of holding these Town Hall meetings was a tactical error on the part of the poers that be. They are beginning to hear the utmost disgust of the American people and they cannot answer intelligently, so they turn around and mock them, treating like commoners who can't possibly understand the implications of what they are saying.

I believe I see the future and it is the past. Bring out the guillotines, I think the French Revolution is about to start.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by breakingdradles

WTF IS GOING ON?!?!?!?

Seems to me he nailed her right on...wrong phony analogy to pull on a Jew. Serves her right, IMHO.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
She was an idiot asking a stupid loaded question (NAZI healthcare program? c'mon
), and got treated like an idiot asking a stupid loaded question.

I'm no huge fan of Frank, but act stupid & rude in public and you can expect people to chew you out for it.

Getting outraged over this is like getting outraged at Buzz Aldrin because he punched the annoying "moon hoaxer" nut in the face

[edit on 8/24/09 by xmotex]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
It's not like Frank was running a Hitler youth brothel out of his house or anything. How dare she attack his heritage.

Peace

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Seriously? This woman is somehow drawing a correlation between the healthcare reform debates and Nazi germany policies and you're wondering why Barney went off on her? The woman is nothing more than just another regurgitative parrot that hasn't a clue about which she is attempting to speak. She is clearly trying to enflame conversation by evoking Nazism. Exactly how does THAT work? Is there some connection I'm missing? She's a troll plain and simple. Barney should have simply beaten her flat with a chair and helped the intellectiual gene pool. Holy crap on toast. How can you POSSIBLY defend that toad? I mean, I'm all for constructive debate but her comments were neither. No wonder this country is going to crap.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

As much as I don't like this man.. He was in the right on this one. It is illogical to compare everything we don't like to Hitler and/or Nazi Germany. Which is what people do in politics all the time.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
She was an idiot asking a stupid loaded question (NAZI healthcare program? c'mon
), and got treated like an idiot asking a stupid loaded question.

...or like my ex getting chewed out (and sent on her way) by my Jewish dentist for telling him not to be so 'Hymie' with the painkillers...

Some folks just don't get it.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Notice also that the powers running this meeting cut power to the woman's microphone. Surprise, surprise.

Having witnessed Barney Frank's behavior when We Are Change tried to talk to him (in a respectful and factual manner), this does not surprise me. He's a scumbag, supporting a scumbag administration.

BTW, the woman was 100% historically correct in her statement about Hitlers policies. Too bad Frank obviously does not know history....

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I think the guy would have come across as being a tad more genuine if he had attempted to answer her question by explaining how this plan is NOT like the Nazi ideology, instead of throwing back several degrading insults. Using some humor would have also worked well in diffusing the situation. Obviously, class and tact are something which is in short supply with American politicians...or whatever this guy is...

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
She deserved the answer she got. Stupid questions get stupid answers in return. Her question was only intented to inflame as I'm sure she got her cues from the Lobbying firm funding the group she belongs to.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
This has been discussed before... but,

Her question was a good one until she started on about the Nazis. At that point she became a joke, and Barney Frank responded to her as a joke. She obviously wasn't asking a serious question, she was just trying to throw the 'Nazi' card out there to ruffle a few feathers. I'm glad Frank didn't take her question seriously, because there are a million better ways she could have phrased it if she did want it taken seriously.

I liked how he wrapped it up with that comment about the first amendment. It's that girl's right to say stupid things at town-hall meetings, and carry an Obama/Hitler poster. It's also Barney Frank's right to treat her like the jackass she is, and expose her nonsense.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Found a non-embed disabled copy

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

Why should Frank have to waste his breath trying to spell out the obvious, namely Healthcare reform is nothing like Hitler's final solution. If I walked into a college mathematics class, I should not expect the professor to waste the everybody's time explaining to me that 1+1 does not equal 5, especially if I am going to scream and call the professor names if he insists on telling me 1+1=2. Similarly, it would be pointless for Frank to attempt to engage in any sort of debate with nutjobs who equate healthcare reform to slaughtering millions of people and plunging an entire continent into chaos. It would be, as Frank puts it, like arguing with a piece of furniture.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

Why should Frank have to waste his breath trying to spell out the obvious, namely Healthcare reform is nothing like Hitler's final solution. If I walked into a college mathematics class, I should not expect the professor to waste the everybody's time explaining to me that 1+1 does not equal 5, especially if I am going to scream and call the professor names if he insists on telling me 1+1=2. Similarly, it would be pointless for Frank to attempt to engage in any sort of debate with nutjobs who equate healthcare reform to slaughtering millions of people and plunging an entire continent into chaos. It would be, as Frank puts it, like arguing with a piece of furniture.

I saw this last week, and I agree 100% with everything you just said.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Thanks for finding that, warrenb. Thanks to the OP too!!

I didn't watch the first one, because of the embed problem...but now, seeing the whole thing (and remembering the END that played recently in the media) it was interesting to hear the context of that crazy woman's (yes I said 'crazy') question.

Did anyone else catch her reference to "LaRouche"??

In case you don't know, Lyndon LaRouche is a nutjob radical crazy dude who is perpetually running for President, but is so far out he makes David Duke look sane!!!

I was perusing another thread, about LIFE Magazine color photos of Nazi Germany, and LaRouche was mentioned...he was mentioned as the main force behind these people who are doing the comparisons of Obama to Hitler!!

These people don't represent "Main Street USA", they are fringe extremists who are lacking in common sense of any kind.

I compare LaRouche groupies to the "Church" of $cientology types...they are always set up somewhere here in DC, and you just have to read literature, or talk to one, to see what they're really about.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by breakingdradles

WTF IS GOING ON?!?!?!?

Seems to me he nailed her right on...wrong phony analogy to pull on a Jew. Serves her right, IMHO.

That's like saying its ok for Israel to kill Muslims because they are Jewish.
The fact is she hit the nail on the head and if he cant answer the questions with intelligence and decorum then he has no place in any position of governance. This man Jew or not is a bigot and a bully.

[edit on 24-8-2009 by ANTHONY33]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I think it's great how all these morally and ethically bankrupt people can feign disgust and outrage about anything!
Nothing but actors.

Peace

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANTHONY33

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

That's like saying its ok for Israel to kill Muslims because they are Jewish.
The fact is she hit the nail on the head and if he cant answer in a the questions then he has no place in any position of governance. This man Jew or not is a bigot and a bully.

No it's not. Plain and simple. It's a stoopid analogy at best, it is an exceedingly stoopid thing to say to a Jew, and is indefensible. That about covers my inclination towards addressing this idiocy.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

You really don't get it. The fact is the questions asked are very important but this guy did not have desirable answers to them so he conveniently played the '' I am a Jew so I can't be a bad person '' card on her. There was no attack on his race or religious beliefs but he chose to take the opportunity to make it so.

He is basically saying I am Jewish so you cant touch me. I am immune to criticism because I am a Jew. As if to say he could not possibly subscribe to NAZI style agendas.

It makes no difference what race or culture one comes from there is bad eggs everywhere and this one just happens to proclaim his Jewishness. Yeah right

[edit on 24-8-2009 by ANTHONY33]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join