It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Gets Wrist Slapped for Killing Woman

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

We didn't start out with po-lice in Our country. They were first instituted in 1860somthing in New York; I "think".

They were more widely spread after the Civil War throughout the country; especially the South as it was under military law..... Po-lice also the known as the policy enforcement for the post civil war martial law in Southern States.

Now somewhere in there they took on a role which we traditionally know them as; peace officers. Very similar to the constitutional Sheriff. Under that role they were fine...still martial law policy enforcers, but tolerable.

The County Sheriff is constitutional; I say elect real Sheriffs, and Po-lice go join the sheriffs.

Now, that being said Imho we are in need of a complete revolution to get back to Our original freedoms. Doesn't have to be bloody, but can occur by not cooperating; through civil disobedience.

The govt. in it's present form is hyjacked, and Yes, I believe the Po-lice acting as the policy enforcers of this hyjacked NAZI govt. will be hunted with the actual quasi DIEBOLD elected officials.

"I'm only doing my Job", is done for. That is the normal excuse, and an excuse is all it is.

An example of how corrupt things are is a Judge Walker(of George**Walker**Bush) hit, and killed a po-lice directing traffic at night in a work zone while raining. Judge Walker killed the minion, and was let off without charges because it was an "accident".

Thats the last I heard about it, but thats where the case stopped.

So, from that alone, and many more similar cases We can see the Govt. is separated from the People....they are NAZIs, and anyone helping.

Sorry for the ramble

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
This sort of thing is ridiculous. This is a case of selective punishment.
So much for justice.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Interesting spinning going on here. One of my old college buddies who lives in Ontario, CA hit a woman in a car and killed her while in a car race on a city street. He got 90 days and one year probation. It was an accident but he was racing. Even worse than what that cop did in fact.

Knowing the above it seems the Judge was harsh compared to what they did to my friend who is a civilian. Even he thinks he got off to light.

I often wonder what world some people live in because on ATS it seems it is not always the real world.

Place yourself in his shoes. You kill somebody completely by accident. How would you like to be treated by a Judge? Think of that the next time you talk on a cell phone while driving, run a red light, run a stop sign or drive when you are upset or after not getting enough sleep. Whenever you do those things you could easily cause a death. How exactly would you like to be judged? By the standard you judge others?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

Im disappointed that people just accept this. Why isn't there mass protests about this type of things? Like police brutality was not enough, now when # like this happens they walk out with a 1000 $ fine? I cant believe you can get away with murder with the help of money and some "luck".

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I don't know how it is in the rest of the country but here in Oklahoma the law states that if you have epilepsy you are legally forbidden to drive if you have had even one seizure in the past 5 years. You must be seizure free for 5 years in order to be legally allowed to drive a car.

Since he was convicted of negligence, I can only assume that he had epilepsy and was continuing to operate a vehicle with a history of "recent" seizure activity. This is a huge assumption as the article doesn't say either way.

Normally I'm not a fan of rogue cops but this does sound like it was an accident. I'm not even sure what the laws are in his state regarding driving with a history of epilepsy.

Since the ability to drive is practically equal to the ability to earn a living, most epileptics I know ignore the law about no driving for 5 years if not seizure free. And his state may not even have that law.

I don't think he got off "easy".

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
My two cents is that sometimes in cases like these, the knowledge that your behavior resulted in you causing someone else to lose their life is punishment enough.

He probably should have gotten something a little harsher, but I don't think jail time is really a punishment that fits the crime. That's my opinion though. I think he should at least be on house arrest for 6 months to a year on top of community service. I think that is a punishment that is way underutilized in our system.

If this were my relative, I would think house arrest would be sufficient but not probation and a fine that doesn't even go to the family, but goes to the state.

Edit to add: My reasoning is that by taking this woman's life and having to live with that fact, I'd be willing to be that if this man has a history of seizures he's going to take extra precautions such as taking meds, upping meds, or maybe not even driving so something like this doesn't happen again.

[edit on 24-8-2009 by nunya13]

Well the courts already use your suggestion all the time, but only for cops. They never think that way when a civilian kills someone, they have to pay the price behind bars. Let's face it cops get off all the time usually found not guilty period even with the smoking gun in their hand.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MCMLXXXVI

Donte Stallworth, 24 days in jail and he is suspended for this season, maybe more depending on what Roger Goodell decides.

And while we're on sports related stupidity. How much sense does it make that Stallworth kills someone and gets 24 days in jail and a suspension from the NFL. But Plaxico Burress, the NY Giants player gets 2 years in jail for shooting himself and harming no one else?

Granted the Plaxico incident could have been worse but on a case by case basis it seems logical to me that Plax would get the lesser sentence for only injuring himself and violating gun laws, but Stallworth kills a man with a family to support and he gets opff with a wrist slap. I don't get this Justice system i really dont. it's just double standard after double standard.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Yup, unfortunately that's the name of the game. Their one big boys club and they look out for their own.

I witnessed two weeks ago first hand the wrecklessness of some the police officers on the roads. I was driving on the highway and traffic ahead of me started to slow. I was travelling in the center lane when this police cruiser just blew right past me on the left going way too fast and smashed into the cars ahead of me. I couldn't believe it, right in front of me!

It was a bloody nightmare. The car the cop hit flipped over and the occupants were an elderly couple with another passenger on their way to a barbecue. We ran out of our truck to try to pull the injured out of the mangled vehicle, we got two out, but the third passenger in the back was stuck so we had to just try and calm her down until the fire department arrived with the jaws of life to cut her out. There was even a guy still stuck in the back of the police cruiser in handcuffs! He was OK, but cut up pretty bad and was quite dazed.

Luckily, everyone survived. The Special Investigation Unit (SIU Toronto) who investigates whenever the police are involved in a shooting/accident are coming to interview me today, and I'm going to tell them it was all the police officers fault. He caused the accident with his wreckless driving. Period. He's just very lucky he didn't kill anybody, unlike the poor woman in the OP's article.

I'm sure that the cops responsible will only get a slap on the wrist as well. I got that impression while giving my witness statement afer the accident and the officer I was speaking to was going on and on about what great guys those officers were. Maybe they are great guys, but they were driving wrecklessly and caused a major accident and deserve to be charged just like any other citizen.

I took pictures of the accident scene afterwards with my cellphone. Looking back at them later, I still can't believe no one was killed.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MrDesolate

My thoughts exactly - his career is over without his license. With apologies to the family, this sentence actually seems harsh compared to Donte Stallworth and Leonard Little (alcohol involved, lighter punishment...).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join