It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Errors in Christianity/Christians

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Surely, read Stephen Hawkings "Dumbed down homepage for those not so up to par on modern physics" (searchable on yahoo no doubt) and any other quantum mechanics page, or anything else dealing with the beginnings of the universe, and mass, mass is a good one, oh and gravity, math ... hmm biology too, the root of things is more complex then what we see before us!

Even Einstien couldn't fathom how this universe could be here without intelligent design.

I think the fact that all of the world's smartest men show that Science most certainly doesn't produce athiests.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Feb, 19 2003 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason
I don't know man...masturbation is less sinful than sex, and we NEED sex

Sincerely,
no signature

I'm 99% sure the Bible does not mention masterbation as a sin...the only reason masturbation has become unethical is because of church interpritation.

posted on Feb, 20 2003 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason
Even Einstien couldn't fathom how this universe could be here without intelligent design.

If I remember correctly; During an interview with Einstein, he was asked how he came up with his advanced theories on the workings of the universe. His reply was that he'd sit back, relax & ask himself, "If I were God, how would I make it work?"

So who says that religion & science *must* be mutually exclusive?

[Edited on 20-2-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Feb, 20 2003 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I'm 99% sure the Bible does not mention masterbation as a sin...the only reason masturbation has become unethical is because of church interpritation.

I believe there is a passage in the bible that goes like this, "It is better to spill your seed in the belly of a whore than on the ground," or something to that effect.

posted on Feb, 20 2003 @ 09:06 PM
link   
What if u spill it on the sheets? or keyboard protector? Lol. And a whore is a male prostitute if you ever decided to look definitions up in a dictionary. So better to be cumming in a male prostitute than masturbate. Ok, maybe that's what the preists were doing! That's it! I figured it out! They aren't pervs, they aren't rapists, they following the bible!

And FM, since you are banned, can't answer this, but maybe MD can.

And can I disprove that? sure. White light is some weird brain reaction from shutting off. Saw it on Discovery.

And time is man made. The minute, the second, the hour, that is man made. Why not the Weebie which is 30 looka long, and 20 Weebies go into 1 diidieis. Time is what you call it. Instead of calling an hour an hour but a minute, and vice versa, then there are 60 hours in a minute. Time is man made. Say life is shortbecause you make life short. A life is long, just seems short compared to a mountain or a star.

And third one, they can't prove it happened. But can you prove it didn't happen?(ha! got ya, then you come on and say they can't prove it didn't happen, so can you prove that they can't prove it didn't happen?
)

And I know what makes us question things. Bordom! We one of the very few animals that get bored.

posted on Feb, 20 2003 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
White light is some weird brain reaction from shutting off.

Could you rephrase this? Somehow I can't discern any meaning from this statement whatsoever.

The minute, the second, the hour, that is man made. Why not the Weebie which is 30 looka long, and 20 Weebies go into 1 diidieis. Time is what you call it.

You're still hung up on the *measuring* of time. Time still passes whether or not anyone seeks to measure it. Time was here before humans...Time passed along for the dinosaurs, but they didn't have the mentality neccesary for putting a measurement to it. It was only by humans putting an abitrary *measurement* on passing of time that archeologists can figure out that dinos died out over 30 million years ago.

And third one, they can't prove it happened. But can you prove it didn't happen?

That's why I stated that those teories were just that...*THEORIES*. No more or less provable than your *theories*. The main difference between your theories & those made by scientists is that *their* theories are at least "educated" guesses.

And I know what makes us question things. Bordom! We one of the very few animals that get bored.

Ah, but what gives us the *capacity* to experience boredom where the other animals cannot? You're still taking the narrow view...

Besides, who says that animals can't experience boredom...We have two dogs with us & there's been times that they've wanted to play with us & we couldn't oblige them at the time. Then they go lay down...Who's to say that *that's* not boredom for *them*? Animals *do* feel emotions...However, they lack the capacity to entertain themselves by thinking abstractly, as humans can.

[Edited on 21-2-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Feb, 21 2003 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Ok MD, was a wee bit bad in phrasing. And will try to answer in my best for I respect you.

First. Discovery Channel had a show on the "white light" experience. They have something on it that the reason you see a white light is when your brain is dying, it is trying to get light, or the last bit of light you see is white for your brain has lost the ability to tell white from red and other colors of light. it really complicated, to complicated for my mind. Maybe once I graduate from Owens will be able to tell you.

Second, uh, crap, what was second? Yes, it is theories. Just like it is a theory that can't be proven that a supreme being snaps it's fingers and poof we existed. Of course, one didn't cause the deaths of millions because the other groups didn't believe in it so were evil and tortured and killed. Guess which one.

Third, Time is man made. How do you know there is time? Yes, we get older, but could it be your imagination? Some people(great grandmother on father's side) is over 90 years old and yet is more athlectic and more fit than my mother is. Why? My mother whines and moans about getting old. My great grandmother doesn't talk about it. She just talks about what she is going to do that day and does it. She doesn't look or act like she is over 90 years old. Because she doesn't think about it! While mother isn't even 50 and acts/looks worse than some old grannies at a nursing home. One who thinks about time is old, one who doesn't is young.

In other words, don't think about it and have fun. That way it won't affect you! Good theory if you were to ask me.

Ok, something else. Dang it, can't remember. Well, will reply later MD. Hope to see you reply again.

posted on Feb, 21 2003 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Ok MD, was a wee bit bad in phrasing. And will try to answer in my best for I respect you.

First. Discovery Channel had a show on the "white light" experience. They have something on it that the reason you see a white light is when your brain is dying, it is trying to get light, or the last bit of light you see is white for your brain has lost the ability to tell white from red and other colors of light. it really complicated, to complicated for my mind. Maybe once I graduate from Owens will be able to tell you.

Second, uh, crap, what was second? Yes, it is theories. Just like it is a theory that can't be proven that a supreme being snaps it's fingers and poof we existed. Of course, one didn't cause the deaths of millions because the other groups didn't believe in it so were evil and tortured and killed. Guess which one.

Third, Time is man made. How do you know there is time? Yes, we get older, but could it be your imagination? Some people(great grandmother on father's side) is over 90 years old and yet is more athlectic and more fit than my mother is. Why? My mother whines and moans about getting old. My great grandmother doesn't talk about it. She just talks about what she is going to do that day and does it. She doesn't look or act like she is over 90 years old. Because she doesn't think about it! While mother isn't even 50 and acts/looks worse than some old grannies at a nursing home. One who thinks about time is old, one who doesn't is young.

In other words, don't think about it and have fun. That way it won't affect you! Good theory if you were to ask me.

Ok, something else. Dang it, can't remember. Well, will reply later MD. Hope to see you reply again.

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The reason that your mother has a harder time dealing with the onset of aging than your grandmother does has nothing to do with the *existence* of time...Some people suffer aging-effects less than others. Most of it has to do with genetics, overall exercise (during the entire lifetime), general (lifetime) health problems (or lack thereof), and even a lot of of an individual's psyche can make the difference. You still haven't been able to explain how this makes time a human creation & you still keep using references of time *measurement*, which is man-made even though time itself wasn't man-made.

That part about the "white light": I understand what you're saying now. Yes, that's true that the vision of the light (& even visions of paradise or purgatory at the end of it) could possibly be similar in origin to what causes dreams while a person sleeps. Even after the stopping of the heartbeat, most people still have an active *brain* for a little bit of time...Even for some *hours* after death, life energies are still present on a *cellular level*...It takes time for the dead body to "leak off" these energies.

Yes, the brain itself is basically just a mass of electro-chemical processes (As put into the simplest of terms). Some "experts" claim that dreams are merely the brain's way of interpreting the chemical-electrical impulses that are still present during sleep...The visions of the dreams, the actual *images* that are seen, have been said to be merely the images that reside within *memory* as the electrical impulses flow throughout the brain. Yet, without those memories to draw images from, it takes experience & *time* for the brain to collect & retain those images to store in memory...Even without the concept of putting measured periods onto time, a person must *have* time to build up such a catalog of images to create their memories.

Without time, such chemical reactions would be impossible because it takes *time* for any catalyzation to occur. Such chemical reactions have been taking place long before mankind ever existed...Because chemicals have been catalyzing in order to create *any* complex substance...Even *rocks* & *suns* can't form without such chemical interaction & such interactions cannot take place without *time*.

So I still don't see how you believe that time itself is a man-made concept.

[Edited on 22-2-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by BCoffy

Christians believe in one God in 3 forms, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost/Spirit. "The Trinity".

They believe all 3 forms are *equal*.

Error:
They cannot be equal, and the why is very simple. God, the Father, created Jesus, the son. This automatically shows one being more powerful than the other. In other words, not equal. Where was the "Trinity" before Jesus was born? There was no son, there was the Father, and the Holy Ghost. What is it then? A "twoinity"? The holy ghost is something they say we all have inside of us. It is equal to God? Sick.

They believe Jesus Christ is God in human form.

Error:
Wrong. Jesus couldn't answer the question of Judgment Day. His answer was "The only one who knows about the last day on earth, is my father, in heaven.". This once again shows christians that Jesus is not equal to God. Yet when you ask a christian what he believes in, 99.9% of the time, the answer will be, "I believe in Jesus Christ.". This is disrespect towards God.

They believe God is omnipotent (all powerful) and that Jesus Christ died for our sins.

Error:
They contradict themselves. Please lookup "omnipotence.". God being all powerful, he does not need to sacrifice/inflict pain upon his only son to rid humanity (his own creation), of sin. This is a huge contradiction. Even the bible says that when Jesus was on the cross, he looked up and said "Oh my God, why have you forsaken me?". They say he knew exactly what his purpose was, but that question alone is yet another contradiction.

They believe because Jesus died for your sins, if you're really sorry about a sin you committed, *Jesus* (not God once again), will forgive you, because he loves humanity.

Error:
I go out and murder my neighbor's child. Then later I sit down and think about what I've done, I become really sorry for the sin I commited, and *Jesus* forgives me, because he really loves humanity. Hold up! He forgives me but forsakes the parent who's child I've just slaughtered. Another contradiction.

They believe that Jesus is the son of God and God at the same time.

Error:
God always existed, Jesus didn't. Jesus was born through the virgin Mary. Another contradiction. Yet every christian will say "JESUS CHRIST IS YOUR ONLY WAY TO PARADISE." instead of saying God. So much for respect.

They believe they follow christ's teachings.

Error:
Judging others, bashing other religions (cough cough, you know who you are), masturbation, eating pork (yes, its forbidden, read the bible from the beginning to the end, its there, yes the BIBLE), and tons of others. 90% are sinners. But wait, Jesus died for our sins, so we will be forgiven.

Last but not least, there are those who believe that Christianity is the purest religion that exists in this world, and that Islam is the ultimate evil. Those who get every piece of information about Islam from anti-islamic sites (yes you know who you are). Thou shalt not lie.

Maybe sooner or later they will realise that they live in a christian country that has more blood on their hands than any other.

May God bless..

oops, I meant to say Jesus Christ.

i agree totally

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 06:34 PM
link   
this link explains that God is manifested in three persons.....Father Son Holy Spirit............

www.orthodox.net...

questions on all your Errors that you have given in this thread.............read for your self........

www.orthodox.net...

John 17:1-13
These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: [2] As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. [3] And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. [4] I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do. [5] And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was. [6] I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word. [7] Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee. [8] For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me. [9] I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine. [10] And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them. [11] And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are. [12] While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled. [13] And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.

[Edited on 13-3-2003 by helen]

[Edited on 13-3-2003 by helen]

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 08:07 PM
link   
u keep going on and on about what jesus said etc but seem 2 be afraid or something to address the errors 1 by 1

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Oh, dear, some of us still can't get a grip on this focus thing: and yes, self-abuse is almost certainly the sin of Onan; and heartily condemned in the OT.
We really must not let this gibberish about Christ being "created" pass without comment, when Christians have for two thousand years maintained, explicitly, the diametric opposite: "genitum non factum...per quem omnia facta sunt": Christ was "begotten" not "created" (by God,) through whom all other things were created. From the NT onwards it has always been made clear that Christ was not created.
Doesn't mean it's true; may not even mean it makes sense; but it's there.
Science and Religion -three days older than water, and pointless unless explored with sensitivity and logic: arguably the three greatest "scientists/mathematicians" of modern times: Newton, Gauss, Einstein were all religious men (and different faiths or creeds) - no doubt others can be named who were agnostic or atheist: Nobel Prize winners suffer and fear and die as do we all. Why would we imagine that because they had unusual brains they were somehow different spiritually.
Let us never confuse Christians, who ( like Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus etc.) are fallible, prone to error, indecisive, unknowing, with their faith.
All Christians are "bad" Christians; all Muslims are "bad" Muslims: but many spend their lives trying.
We are born knowing nothing: if we are lucky, and did the work, we die knowing a little.
Why do some posters find themselves unable to resist the temptation to sully discussion of what many, from every walk of life and every level of achievement, have felt to be profoundly important with their sub-adolescent trivialities?

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I dont think i's wrong to ask questions on why this or why that......

I guess its in our nature to ask ........knowledge is where we failed(genesis)-i think....
i beleive that we will know the truth in time to come.........

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 09:32 PM
link   
The "Trinity" is no different than Rosicrucianism. Rosicrucians felt that Jupiter, Venus, Jesus, God, the Sun...and 2 others, Moon and Earth I think...holy spirit probably not the sun, I don't remember exaclty...they felt that 7 entities apart were not "God".

But together, they were "God". Trinity is no different.

Jesus, isn't God, God sure as hell isn't God, and the "holy ghost" whatever the hell that is sure isn't God.

But by damn it you throw all three together you have "God".

To be honest, I'm not sure why anyone came up with that cornball conception, but hey whatever floats your boat. I can careless.

Personally, God can only be for certain, All of creation, the "Why" the "How" infinity what have you. He's the whole kit and kabootle.

A rock, that's not God, is God in the rock? No, but is God in existance? Yes? maybe I doubt there is some "elsewhere" he's in. I doubt he's a "He" or even concious. But there is a "God" even if it is simply the creation of the universe.

There is a point in time and space where all was infinite and that is God.

Afterall even the smartest of scientists such as Einstein, believed that this universe HAD to be designed by intelligence.

And when you ask the question, "What is real?" you see why.

Anyways whatever...I like to throw in my rambles while I throw in opinions too

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Tell me Hammerite, are you of any religion???

If not,then why do you post such HATE words in your threads concerning Christianity when you dont seem to know what your talking about...

if you a religious, then post something that people could Agree or Disagree with you.........

Tell me,do you have evidence to back up what you seem to think you know about ""Father,Son and Holy Spirit""" ???

You can have an opinion,
but do not infiltrate your explanations of what you think is right concerning God to me.

So you seem to know it all ........
The evidence of Jesus Christ concerning Himself is in the Bible..............(theologians do study the Bible as a whole and its use of words.)

As for your God concept, where did you dig that up from???

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 02:30 PM
link   
christianity is evil

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 07:38 PM
link   
for once Hammerite we agree

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 07:42 PM
link   
What do you believe in. I hope you don't just go through life not believeing in anything. I know I can't get u to believe in a higher power but I ask you do you think you have a sprit? The main reason I think I have one is becasue I i believe that our sprit is pure energy? The number one law of science is that energy can neither be created nor destroyed?

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 09:42 PM
link   
It's really sad to see these evildoers (Muslims) all over the internet, especially on religious message boards.

All of you should be escorted out of the US. This is God's nation and the Satan should be removed out of it.

Jesus loves me, Jesus loves mathematical equations, Jesus loves rain forests, Jesus loves earth science, Jesus loves me, and Jesus certainly loves you if you open up your heart to him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join