It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama spokesman announces interrogation unit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dizzie56

I don't think Obama is setting up his own private "police unit." He is just policing the policemen--hopefully keeping them honest and keeping them from becoming loose cannons and doing things the administration has no direct knowledge of.

Yes, there is the potential for abuse, as there always is in any kind of power situation. But at least this way if there is abuse in interrogations Obama will be accepting personal responsibility for it. If there is torture the American people will hold him directly accountable and he can't claim he didn't know, as many people in the Bush administration did.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by Sestias]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
It figures. Der Furhrer continues to incrementally grab more power, turning up the heat gradually hoping the lobster in the water won't notice until they're cooked.

Now all we need is a new Czar of this "interrogation" unit. Hmmm. Himmler is dead.

Never mind - he's filling all these czar positions with Union guys.

Maybe Tony "Two fingers" can take the job.

Believe me, you'll spill your guts. Or, you'll spill your guts.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizzie56

Originally posted by Artephius Abraxas Helios
reply to post by dizzie56

Please read the thread. You pose the questions:

"I cant see another reason why this would be set up other than control. Can anybody else? I wonder what the obamanites would think about this."

And yet I have answered directly above you!
Granted, having been a registered Republican for nearly 2 decades, I am not an "Obamanite" whatever that may be.

i read the thread. u just happened to post ur response before mine while i was still typing it is all. being at work, i usually have to stop posting on threads sometimes and help out with some customers from time to time which delays my posting of my responses.

I do see what your saying tho, but I still dont see the need for the direct involvement from the white house. Honestly, he is the president. All he has to do is issue an executive order and have it say that from now on all interogations will be conducted by the army field manual to the t and its done. no more needed.

Well,,, I think all those three letter agencies are one of the biggest threat to the nation.
They have no over sight, separate laws, 20 tiers of secrecy. If you check out the ATS video section just watch any of them with "CIA" in the title and get a dose of the far out.

For decades the CIA and the rest were used to commit all kinds of illegal stuff, they were also used to allow the president to defer blame to them, so he appears "clean".

At least in this case we will have a CLEAR perpetrator if things go very side ways.
As opposed to the usual president blames, CIA, CIA blames FBI and then the CIA comes out and says, "WE WILL LOOK INTO IT"... Ya when and who? Since most of your operatives are "nameless" for all intents and purposes .

And if you recall 9/11 was achieved by a "lack of communication" and "other nice things"...

REMEMBER 9/11?

Aug 5-11, 2001: Israel warns US of an imminent Al Qaeda attack. [Fox News, 5/17/02]

Aug 6, 2001: President Bush is warned by US intelligence that bin Laden might be planning to hijack commercial airliners. The White House waits eight months after 9/11 to reveal this fact. [New York Times, 5/16/02] Titled “Bin Ladin Determined To Strike in US,” the intelligence briefing specifically mentions the World Trade Center. Yet Bush later states the briefing “said nothing about an attack on America.” [Washington Post, 4/12/04, White House, 4/11/04, CNN, 4/10/04, Intelligence Briefing, 8/6/01, more]

Aug 22, 2001: Top counter-terrorism expert John O'Neill quits the FBI due to repeated obstruction of his al-Qaeda investigations and a power play against him. He was the government's "most committed tracker of bin Laden and al-Qaeda." The next day he starts a new job as head of security at the WTC. He is killed weeks later in the World Trade Center during the 9/11 attack. [New Yorker, 1/14/02]

www.wanttoknow.info...

Anyhow now we WILL have a fall guy... and if he is creating a STAZI, he has not done the leg work, sorry I haven't seen the streets lined with Obamites, shows of force, disappearings GOP members or any such thing that sets the stage for a shift in that direction

[edit on 26-8-2009 by mental modulator]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

on a bright note...

I think this Stazi will have some clear candidates for the eating of base balls here.

If you guys believe Obama is Hitler then you all are VERY foolish to go on in the way you are... Me thinks you either don't know much about Hitlers methods or you don't really believe what you are saying fully. IF you do, you better get it together PBDx's2 -

MOVE NOW... RUN...

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator

Well,,, I think all those three letter agencies are one of the biggest threat to the nation.
They have no over sight, separate laws, 20 tiers of secrecy. If you check out the ATS video section just watch any of them with "CIA" in the title and get a dose of the far out.

For decades the CIA and the rest were used to commit all kinds of illegal stuff, they were also used to allow the president to defer blame to them, so he appears "clean".

At least in this case we will have a CLEAR perpetrator if things go very side ways.
As opposed to the usual president blames, CIA, CIA blames FBI and then the CIA comes out and says, "WE WILL LOOK INTO IT"... Ya when and who? Since most of your operatives are "nameless" for all intents and purposes .

And if you recall 9/11 was achieved by a "lack of communication" and "other nice things"...

REMEMBER 9/11?

Anyhow now we WILL have a fall guy... and if he is creating a STAZI, he has not done the leg work, sorry I haven't seen the streets lined with Obamites, shows of force, disappearings GOP members or any such thing that sets the stage for a shift in that direction

I agree that alot of those agencies create more problems than the solve. But the fact is still that the President is still creating a unit that answers directly to him. Do you really think that if something goes wrong he isnt going to spin it in some way? If they waterboard somebody now, do you think that he will own up to it and do the right thing and say "Well, i f-ed up and now you can not vote for me." or somethin like that? Answer....No. He will blame it on something else or it wont even be disclosed. Come on, do you really believe that this guy (or damn near any politician for that matter) is telling the truth? How does that old saying go, if their lips are moving they are lying?

And like i said above. It will start benign. Very little. Thats how everything starts. No, you are not going to see people marching in the streets wearin khaki clothing and what not, but who says it doesnt have the potential down the line? Maybe not to that extent and most likely not (god forbid), but nothing good will come of this.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
So all that's happening is the White House taking control of interrogation?

Obama campaigned against all of Bush's policies on torture+interrogation, but now he seem to be sliding back on most of those promises. People really seem to believe that he is better than Bush.

New face, old agenda.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Ok, people hold the horses, and help me understand the OP

Obama is creating a new Gestapo under his personal control?

But, But .... that means that terrorist suspect are to be brought to the US soil and in the white house underground whatever? for interrogation?

Excuse me!!!! Excuse me!!!! but that is not true, see those that will be interrogated are going to be people in the US, citizens people, that means you, me and our neighbors, anybody that is deemed a danger to the establishment

Now does that sound normal?

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
So here's a question from the back row... actually several;

-is it Constitutional?

-does it alarm anyone besides me that it now appears that White House, for all intents and purposes, now has its own personal "interrogation unit"?

-Can Justice "probe" the CIA? How is classified information and identities of personnel protected -or is that exactly what is being looked for?

-what the #@$% is going on? Is this a hostile takeover of the intelligence community?

-should I remove my comfy tinfoil ballcap?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join