It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artificial life will be created 'within months' as genome experts claim vital breakthrough

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Artificial life will be created 'within months' as genome experts claim vital breakthrough

www.dailymail.co.uk

www.dailymail.co.uk...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scientists are only months away from creating artificial life, it was claimed yesterday.

Dr Craig Venter – one of the world’s most famous and controversial biologists – said his U.S. researchers have overcome one of the last big hurdles to making a synthetic organism.
The first artificial lifeform is likely to be a simple man-made bacterium that proves that the technology c
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.dailymail.co.uk

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I wonder what happens, for instance, when a bacterium that soaks up CO2 begins to wildly multiply (as bacteria do) and begins to change the balance of gases in the atmosphere?

Or the balance of any substance? It seems to me that only the greenies, (who admit to lying about, well, just about everything related to global warming,) have a vested interest in such inventions.

The balances of life have been holding. What happens to the oceans, for example, when such organisms get into it?

I'll tell you what - everything in them dies.

www.dailymail.co.uk

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Not ALL bacteria "wildly multiplies". If this so happens to do so, easy-you just kill it.

Originally posted by skycopilot

I wonder what happens, for instance, when a bacterium that soaks up CO2 begins to wildly multiply (as bacteria do) and begins to change the balance of gases in the atmosphere?

Or the balance of any substance? It seems to me that only the greenies, (who admit to lying about, well, just about everything related to global warming,) have a vested interest in such inventions.

The balances of life have been holding. What happens to the oceans, for example, when such organisms get into it?

I'll tell you what - everything in them dies.

www.dailymail.co.uk

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Already a thread on this here.
Link

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
people and wat they do with their knowledge these days..

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by platipus
people and wat they do with their knowledge these days..

Like spelling the word "what" correctly. And really, if they could have done this in earlier days, they would have. They made nuclear weapons in earlier days.

People have always done everything permitted.

top topics

join