It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New LIFE Photos Of Nazi Germany

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
here is a quote from a closed thread on this topic (hopefully the guy sees it)

punkinworks:

all i have to say to that is

your an idiot

How could world domination not be a quest for blind power

I'm an idiot? I can think of all the reasons why you're an idiot. First being that you think that I'm not entitled to my own opinion. Second being that Hitler was trying to reunify the Germanic Empire, which was not the world but rather a nice chunk of Europe. You know, the same empire that the allies split up and virtually raped after WWI? If you think WWII was all Hitler's idea, then you obviously have little experience in the subject; Germany was a proud nation and the Nazis were proof of how efficient and powerful they could become based on their own will.

As far as I am concerned, Nazis stuck to their plan quite well until Hitler decided to invade the USSR. Who knows what would've happened if they stayed allies.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneNationUnder
Awesome photos!

Anyone recognize the Eagle in the 7th photo from the top?

Its the German Imperial Eagle, part of the German coat of arms.

Gee, where have we seen that before in America?

1. On the German Embassy in Washington D.C. and every Consulate across the US.
  2. On the souvenir German Euro coin you brought back from your holidays

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by rnaa

haha, either way though an eagle is the symbol of supremacy, which is why both the Nazis and Americans flaunt it.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
haha, either way though an eagle is the symbol of supremacy, which is why both the Nazis and Americans flaunt it.

The Romans had them on their standards way before the US or the Nazis were using it.

Also, Napolean used the eagle on the standards of his Imperial Guard.

The Russian Tsars used the eagle, too.

I know I'm probably missing more, but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Out of all my years studying WWII, these have got to be the best images I have ever seen. The color on them is just amazing. Rather or not they were originally shot in color, is doubtful, but even if they were restored into color, it's simply awesome. But, I'm thinking they were originally colored due to the tone being consistent with older photos. Either way, these images really show a part of history that many people have long since forgotten.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I doubt I'll get a reply, but does anyone know where can I find these amazing images again? The original link is now broken and it had a lot of images. So far I had no luck with life magazine web site itself.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SassyCat

Maybe this?
www.scribd.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
reply to post by SassyCat

Maybe this?
www.scribd.com...

Ohhh cheers for the link zero. I have been looking for these as well since they disappeared!

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Completely evil.... it was a struggle for the battle of good to be won. But look at the world now.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I was looking at german propganda posters and I have now been presented with this and all I can say is German art is very good at creating an almost divine heroic nature to it. It certainly captures the mind.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Moving. Heartbreaking. Gorgeous. I see a family member in several of the photos.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
This one is my favorite pic. Makes me feel very conflicted.

edit on 29-5-2013 by RadarOReilly because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Those pictures are simply illegal here in Germany because of the swastikas and so on. Showing the swastika in Germany, especially in public, will be prosecuted to, up to three years in prison or paying a penalty.

Uniforms of that period, parts of uniforms, propaganda material et cetera, is not allowed in public also.
Nevertheless, when I go to the old mill, my grandfather once owned, there is a dusty and cobwebby storage room, in which my grandfather stored his uniform and Wehrmacht equipment, back in 1945, when the war was over. I even found some little moth-eaten swastika flags in a dusty box, propably for waving, in case troops were marching trough the town.

Unfortunately I found no guns or anything
, but these guns would be illegal anyway. My grandmother once told me, that back in 1945, when American troops came into town, everybody was frightened. So people gathered there weapons, I mean all the weapons, even very old useless rifles to sank them in the river Main or to hide them in the forest. After 7 PM, everybody had to stay at home and when American soldiers patroled trough the town and they saw somebody, they gave a warning shot. Furthermore my grandmother told me, that American soldiers behaved very friendly to the local people most of the time. Russian soldiers behaved very different.

The American soldiers even endowed her a German radio, called "Volksempfänger", which they confiscated somewhere else I guess. It was the first radio my grandmothers family ever owned.
Well, most of the people in Germany were happy that WW2 had come to an end. People didn't care about winning or loosing the war anymore. They just wanted the war come to an end, because so many men were killed in action already.
But shortly before the war ended, a SS Bataillion came into the little town of Bavaria. The SS tried to impress every male person, up from the age of 15, to fight against the Allies. Everybody who wasn't willing to fight, was perceived as a betrayer and either shot or hung to death by the SS.
My grandfather fought at the eastern front. He supposable only survived because he was wounded and was brought into a military hospital thereafter. He stayed there until the war was over. He was an artillerist, so he hadn't to fight forwardmost normally, but even so he was engaged in close-quarters fighting and attacked by Russian airforce. I suppose he hadn't survived the war in case he got not wounded. Well, even don't know why I'm talking about this topic, maybe I'm just bored today. Anyway, my grandmother has a lot of pictures or postcards from WW2 and WW1, taken or written from some of our family members. These photos all are monochrome but the postcards are in colour. Best regards...
edit on 17Thu, 26 Dec 2013 17:03:15 -0600America/Chicago12359America/ChicagoThu, 26 Dec 2013 17:03:15 -0600fpm05 by Grenzerfahrung because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Grenzerfahrung

Thank you for sharing. Interesting times they lived in. Interesting times we live in.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by RadarOReilly

Thanks and you're right. Interesting times back then and interesting times we live in, but I prefer the present age
I've even found a picture on my Computer today. The third from the left side, that's my grandmother and she, although in her 90s, is still alive today and needs no help for her daily routine... She's a great, very good and hearty person.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Grenzerfahrung

Thanks for sharing...your story is one common to a generation of Germans...at home and abroad.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Yes, I think so. What about you? Any German ancestors in your family tree? According to the 2000 U.S. Census there must be many people with German roots over there.

You have another Berlin, Hamburg, Kiel also and even several "Viennas" (Wien) in the U.S. This fact somehow seems funny to me

Well, when I visit my grandmother next time, I will take some photos from the so called third Reich with me , in order to scan and thereafter post them here on ATS. Don't think that there are any coloured pictures among but I remember seeing some really interesting pics there.

edit on 6Tue, 07 Jan 2014 06:28:26 -0600America/Chicago16America/ChicagoTue, 07 Jan 2014 06:28:26 -0600fam06 by Grenzerfahrung because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Grenzerfahrung

What about you? Any German ancestors in your family tree?
Indeed...my parents came to Canada from Germany in 1953.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Well, it seems to me that your parents are/were German native speakers. So, do you speak German also?

And Canada, unfortunately I've never been there so far but it must be an awesome country. It's the second largest country of the world, I mean it's about 28 times as big as Germany but has not half as many inhabitants as Germany.

You know, Germany somehow is overcrowded by now, but there is also some nice nature left. But when talking about nature, Canada, that's something quite different.

Best regards from Würzburg

Edit: By the way, here I posted some of these old postcards I've mentioned: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1Wed, 08 Jan 2014 01:35:11 -0600America/Chicago17America/ChicagoWed, 08 Jan 2014 01:35:11 -0600fam01 by Grenzerfahrung because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join