It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New LIFE Photos Of Nazi Germany

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pathos
Since you two like to ignore things, let me post this for you again:

As the OP, I'd like to say that his is not a thread about the veracity of Obama's policies. It is about the use of spectacle as a tool of the Nazis.

These past few posts do underscore the capacity of that spectacle...even now...to incite strong feelings in the eyes of the beholder...be they awe or revulsion. That is what is important to consider when viewing the photographs. Any attempt to attach them to current partisan politics trivializes the enormity of the Nazi experience, and derails the thread.

There are plenty of venues on ATS to argue US politics. I would suggest that this ain't one of them.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

There are plenty of venues on ATS to argue US politics. I would suggest that this ain't one of them.

Hear hear!

Well said Mr. Canuck

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Since you two like to ignore things, let me post this for you again:

As the OP, I'd like to say that his is not a thread about the veracity of Obama's policies. It is about the use of spectacle as a tool of the Nazis.

These past few posts do underscore the capacity of that spectacle...even now...to incite strong feelings in the eyes of the beholder...be they awe or revulsion. That is what is important to consider when viewing the photographs. Any attempt to attach them to current partisan politics trivializes the enormity of the Nazi experience, and derails the thread.

Wow! Someone has to start deleting the last 'several' pages in this thread. Since you guys were using these pictures to compare Obama's administration to Nazi Germany, you opened the door for this type of debate. You the original poster expanded the thread's purpose by injecting the comparison, and you used them to say, "I do not see the similarities.". Talk about being hypocritical.

[edit on 25-8-2009 by Pathos]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Interesting photos - thanks -- s&f for you! Brings to mind the saying "those who don't remember history are doomed to repeat it..."

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Wow! Someone has to start deleting the last 'several' pages in this thread. Since you guys were using these pictures to compare Obama's administration to Nazi Germany, you opened the door for this type of debate. You the original poster expanded the thread's purpose by injecting the comparison, and you used them to say, "I do not see the similarities.". Talk about being hypocritical.

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. (Sir Winston Churchill )

A bore is a fellow talking who can change the subject back to his topic of conversation faster than you can change it back to yours.
(some other guy)

Go troll some other thread now please.

[edit on 25-8-2009 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

How appropriate that the very first image of this set on the Rense website, has as it's 'crown' on top of the pinkish building...the Bayer logo!!

How strange that we should see that logo, amidst all the swastikas and Nazi paraphernalia, in times where good old Nazi Bayer, are pretending to make the world a healthier place (No, i don't believe it for a second either). Eugenics was a buzz word then...and now?

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Pathos

Sure they aren't can you show me a bill that has been actually passed that is turning us into Nazi Germany?????? I didn't think so.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Pathos

Those car companies couldn't run themselves, I'm happy they're under government control is was the only way to save them from foriegn buyers or did you miss that? Same goes for the banks, or are you trying to let foreign business run rampit on American soil???? Wouldn't that be a bigger threat then any of the points you've made???

[edit on 25-8-2009 by NoJoker13]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I liked the two quotes to pathos canuck well done.

[edit on 25-8-2009 by NoJoker13]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
reply to post by Pathos

Those car companies couldn't run themselves, I'm happy they're under government control is was the only way to save them from foriegn buyers or did you miss that? Same goes for the banks, or are you trying to let foreign business run rampit on American soil???? Wouldn't that be a bigger threat then any of the points you've made???

They should have gone out of business.

After the government take over of GM, they decided to open up manufacturing facilities in China. Instead of opening up jobs in the US, to return jobs that original belonged to Americans, GM and our government gave them to the Chinese.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I greatly disagree with your thoughts. We can certainly compare the mass genocide in Iraq to the atrocities of Hitler. Is 1 million dead Iraqis not mass murder?

How long will it be before the good "christian soldier" says "Thou shall not kill" No means no.

It should serve as a painful reminder that Nationalism is no excuse to conform to the standards of evil enterprise. We shall not overcome as American people if we do not compare our own military genocide to that of the past.

History repeats itself and it should be known that we all suffer for it. "We do not torture" said the famous guy...Oh really...So a major city reduced to rubble in a matter of days is not torture on humanity? GMAFB.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Pathos

O you must've forgotten about the rediculous amount of debt we've racked up with China. Where else are we going to start paying some of that money back???? Also it saved many needed jobs in America or did you forget that too??? Your arguement is void do some research before you cast stones.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by RightWingAvenger

Who started that war in Iraq mr. right wing????? And as far as I know were not lining them up in the streets and blowing heads off. And I think you need to look up the term genocide, Since it means the systematic elimination of an entire radical or cultural group. As far as I know Iraq is still around right???? Hitler tryed to kill off the entire population of jews in germany. If you like to say we were trying to genocide the terrorist groups then fine I'd agree with you; by definition. But otherwise get your facts straight on what genocide actually means and by that I don't expect you to post me on of its many definitions here they are if you would try: 1.systematic killing of a racial or cultural group 2.The systematic killing of substantial numbers of people on the basis of ethnicity, religion, political opinion, social status, or other... 3.Deliberate extermination of a race or nation 4.The systematic and planned extermination of an entire national, racial, political or ethnic group. International law requires collective action to oppose genocide 5. According to the International Criminal Court, genocide is defined as any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:

Killing members of the group
Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group
Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part
Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group
Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group

Doesn't sound like thats what we tryed to do in Iraq at all and we also re-established there police force and army. You forget that too??

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Considering Hitler started off as a street artist in Berlin painting buildings I dont think he did too bad to go from that to becoming leader of Nazi Germany and having 3/4 of his countrymen fight for his name and honor.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereovoyaged
It's the cult of personality. Classic example, same reason people flock to Michael Jackson, Hulk Hogan and Obama. To feel like they are a part of greatness. Hitler was a lot of things, stupid however was not one of them. I often just sit and think about how he came VERY close to taking over the world. Its maddening.

It's scary too

People like to think of themselves in a way that they can prevent such events (WW2) from happening in the future. History shows that humanity makes the same mistakes over and over again before they LEARN anything.

Let's HOPE that humanity has learned enough from WW-II but I doubt it.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by RightWingAvenger

Also you mind listing what Sadam did to his own country men??? I believe that was much worse and he killed more then even our entire invasion... to date.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
lol Those photos scare the crap out of me. It puts it into perspective, what my Grandad and Nana had to go through when they were young.

I'm really fascinated by WW2, simply because, such a massive and unnecessary tragedy happened which could of been avoided, and it wasn't even that long ago. People think things are different now, but, who knows when someone as insane as Hitler will come into power again?

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by RightWingAvenger
It should serve as a painful reminder that Nationalism is no excuse to conform to the standards of evil enterprise. We shall not overcome as American people if we do not compare our own military genocide to that of the past.

Well we had no qualms about justifying the nuking of two cities... vaporized every man woman, child and innocent critters at the push of a button...

Its only wrong when the other guy does it

Had Hitler managed to complete the bomb and use it on us, I bet it would have been a different tune we played

[edit on 25-8-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
It must have been a great time when things in nazi germany were going good for Hitler right? I mean, no matter what awful things he did, he was still good at it. To see it all go together as planned must have been a hell of a rush. Don't mean to glorify him in any way, just trying to make sense of it all.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by thisisnotmyrealname]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
Save you photos people, the decendants of ATS might see them.

But if you scanned them the current residents on ATS might see them

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join