It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roubini Sees Increasing Risk of Double-Dip Recession

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Roubini Sees Increasing Risk of Double-Dip Recession

www.bloomberg.com

Nouriel Roubini, the New York University professor who predicted the financial crisis, said the chance of a double-dip recession is increasing because of risks related to ending global monetary and fiscal stimulus.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
This isn't a surprise, in my opinion the crisis is just at her beginning.
Most government have done little or nothing in order to get the consumers more to spend, in stead of that they are increasing taxes and everything is getting more and more expensive with no explainable reason. For example, I filled some gas today at 1.42€ for one litre regular (95 octane) which is almost the same as last year (1.50€ a litre was the most I had to pay) and the price of crude oil is at the moment only $74.48, half of the price of last year's peak.

www.bloomberg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences!

Explanation: Everybody knows that Double Dipping gives you Cooties!

Personal Disclosure: The worlds collective financial infarction just makes me want to
:shk: Anybody got an economic defribulator???
Oh yeah thats right ....we used it already! It was made in China!

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
you can read a good article in leap 2020

1. Disappearance of the financial base (Dollars & Debts) all over the
world

A very simple image illustrates the global insolvency characteristic of today’s global financial system: the financial base which banks, insurers and global financial institutions were resting upon, is collapsing in the same way as a city built on a huge fault would collapse, suddenly realizing that what was meant to be solid land intended to firmly support the city’s buildings is nothing but a thin crust of earth over a mixture of a void, toxic gas and unstable ballast. Of course the financial equivalent of this mixture is the highly volatile combination of US Dollars, USD-denominated assets and debts, produced in particular by the US, the UK and a number of developed and developing economies (1).

www.leap2020.eu...

i hear people talking about the economy recovery, it's a bad joke, in fact nobody realy know where are we going, it's just speculation, but there is something we all feel, it's bad very bad !

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Having ( what's left ) of a 401k, I've been tempted ( again) to cash it out before this happens as projected for October. But if I did and the market crashed, what good would that money do me? What would I buy or invest in? Survival gear? food that might just be taken away from me?

The government should make an offer that for those who don't withdrawl from these accounts, that these monies will be a credit in the next system, whereas monies or cash monies, not in these institutions, will be worth far less.

That is; a paper dollar at some point, will not be accepted as trade for new currency. I've seen threads about the FDIC being broke and can only see this as one plausable solution from keeping a run on the banks.

new topics

top topics

join