It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Former Top CIA Agents Say War In Afghanistan Ma

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Geat post. S&F! This is critical that the public knows that our gov't
is lying about why we are in Afghanistan and that we should pull
out and send our troops home.
I only watched the first video aand I'm curious if anyone speculated
on the REAL reasons we are there: is it the pipelines ?, is it to control
the poppy production? Those are my suspicions as to why in addition
to destabilizing the area, particularly Pakistan.
If true, how does that further a NWO agenda?

Everyone needs to remember, it makes no difference if it's Bush II, or Obama, they both play for the SAME team. They both answer to a higher power. The are both owned by the same puppet masters. Why hasn't something changes in foreign policy?? because the PTB don't wanrt it to change. The elites need world conditions to be to their liking so they can carry out whatever it is they want. When they want the situation in Afghanastan to change, Obama will have a poilcy change. it's that simple.

Hasn't anyone wondered why foreign policy hasn't changed as Obama said it woould??? he will only change it when he's told to do it--period, and not a minute sooner. get used to this principle of governing, because that's the way it is going to be from now on. remember---they all answer to the same puppet masters.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Folks it is really not at all complicated. Every single person we kill over there has a family. Father's, Son's brothers, sisters, cousins etc....

No matter if there dead family was evil incarnate or not we have made a family our enemy. With each death the number who hate us grows exponentially.

Imagine if you will that China pulled off an invasion of America. Now how are you going to feel toward them when your rebel father, brother etc...is killed by them no matter the cause?

It really just gets right down to basic human nature and emotions. Forget all the other crap.

If you REALLY want us to stay to the end you may as well build several thousand more flag draped coffins.

It will take generations of control to change their world views and we are not even doing that. We try to give em freedom but what has to be done if you want to win is change what they are taught as children and wait for the rest to die off.

You really want that many dead for this cause?

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
The longer the war go on in Afghanistan the more Americans will be killed and the more likely the enemy will one day get the chance to use a weapon of mass distruction towards the United States and its allies in Afghanistan.The war in Afghanistan will never be won by the United States ,its allies or any other country.Because so many tens of millions of people in the middle east hate America,they will always have a steady flow of people who will take up arms against the United States and its allies.The enemy will never run out of troops.Heaps of people everyday cross the border to join the enemys ranks.The enemy will always have weapons.They will always have followers from foreigen goverments who are is possession of a lot of money who can buy weapons for them anytime.Its a war that cannot be won by the United States and its allies.It will just go on and on until the United States and its allies fully pull out of Afghanistan.

[edit on 25-8-2009 by GORGANTHIUM]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Animal

This little Afghan adventure is more about securing a oil pipeline route through central Asia and to maintain control of the heroin trade in that region.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrpotatohead

Everyone needs to remember, it makes no difference if it's Bush II, or Obama, they both play for the SAME team. They both answer to a higher power. The are both owned by the same puppet masters. Why hasn't something changes in foreign policy?? because the PTB don't wanrt it to change. The elites need world conditions to be to their liking so they can carry out whatever it is they want. When they want the situation in Afghanastan to change, Obama will have a poilcy change. it's that simple.

Hasn't anyone wondered why foreign policy hasn't changed as Obama said it woould??? he will only change it when he's told to do it--period, and not a minute sooner. get used to this principle of governing, because that's the way it is going to be from now on. remember---they all answer to the same puppet masters.
Singing to the choir mr.potatoehead sadly,the majority of the public refuse to believe that the two party system is a joke.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Why is everyone attacking Obama? He never promised to end the war in Afghanistan. Only in Iraq then concentrate more on AFghanistan.

Get your facts straight, third worlders.

[edit on 8/25/2009 by eldard]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by UFORacer56

I don't necessarily disagree with you.

There is a large section of the USA populace that received the message coming from their allies - what you are doing is provoking people. The way you're doing this is creating your problems, and therefore OUR problems too. Your policy is creating, funding, and training your and our biggest problems over and over. That your policies are quickly becoming obvious and outdated and are being reinforced by your Isolationist, Protectionist and Munroe advocates without real depth of understanding of what is happening.

In a very bad way, this seems to have become mixed up. Some people receive this and think that all their allies hate them. Productive Critisism is not hate. Particularly when I'm going to get targetted for your actions.

The other group heard seems to have taken it to heart and are now instead pursing an agenda of self-hating nation anniliation emotions. I find this even more disturbing.

Protecting your interests is not bad. Globalism isn't going away. If you put down the tiara, another country will pick it up. Your country getting out of the game doesn't mean the game ends. Only in this case, the next player is likely to come out and assassinate the last player just in case.

The military bag of tricks is only ONE possible bag of tricks. There are others, and they need to be seriously evaluated. The militaries can only subdue and create a cleared zone. Maintaining that zone for all time, that is a whole other thing that isn't properly a military responsibility.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

It is this and A LOT of other reasons. It's the reason why the elite plan these wars. It was never about freedom. Whoever came up with the notion that going to war creates stability is obviously making up one bogus lie for the sheep to follow.

The real reason they are there is again like Iraq. Ancient civilizations that existed there pre ice age. UFO phenomenon and ancient technology. The Afghan/Pakistan border has interesting history there. What is there we will soon find out
If anything else it's too keep the Russians and Chinese from getting whatever is there first and build pipelines accross the country to the Caspian sea etc. There is always an ulterior motive behind these wars. It was never about giving you freedom. It makes me sick when I hear this poop.

The terrorists is just a really fad excuse to go in these countries.

You just know Obama is on the hor#e when he says multiple intelligence tells us These Afghan terrorists are plotting to attack American soil again

I mean seriously like.... Give me strength.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by eldard
Why is everyone attacking Obama? He never promised to end the war in Afghanistan. Only in Iraq then concentrate more on AFghanistan.

Get your facts straight, third worlders.

[edit on 8/25/2009 by eldard]

Lol. hes creating more war.

Get your facts checked.

Anyway if you had any cop on, you would know Obama doesn't call the shots. I can't believe people still talk like this in 2009

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
The Taliban gave shelter to Bin Laden and A.Q. True they did not participate in the attacks of 9/11 but their given safe haven to Bin Laden was not going to continue.

It sucks that Afghanistan is pretty much a country on a map in name only. They (Afghanistan) seem to not want to form a national government, they are content having many smaller "fiefdoms" run by various leaders. It's hard if not impossible to form a Central Government in that kind of situation.

Honestly our best bet might be to just come in every decade or so and clean up for a little bit and then leave. I mean how long has Afghanistan been without a real governement.....over 30 years now. I seriously doubt they are going to all of a sudden desire a new form of government, when they show no willingness to do so on their own.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

That was a really fair point. Another really intelligent answer from somebody understanding war is completely illogical and unacceptable by any measure.

What is it going to solve? I think you already answered that more, hate and more resentement. What is that going to do to the reputation of America. More bad news. I cannot understand why people think war creates peace.

Seriously lets get to basics here. People are going to have to realise we are all human beings and we have got to stop tarnishing people and blaming everything on the other all the time. We have to take responsiblity and awareness into considersation for what we do. In fact I would point out we should always look to ourselves and take note of how we affect the world all the time.

What am I doing to create negativity here? What am I doing that maybe contributing to this hate there? What part or role am I involved in this war. What can I do to stop this war. What can I do to bring positivity back into my life and those around me.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bravo111

On CNN last night it was reported that:

2001 total opium being produced in Afghanistan was 180 Tonnes

2007 total opium being produced in Afghahnistan is IRO 7800 Tonnes.

An increase of over 7000 Tonnes directly pro rata to the growth in US/NATO/UN Troops on the ground over the 7 year period.....

I read somewhere that the Queen of England made her fortune off of the opiate trade among other things. That's a huge increase in opium Brovo111 has posted. (BTW, isn't stopping the opium trade one of the excuses given to us as to why we were suppose to go into Afghanistan?) Someone (besides the Afghans) are making lots of money. Remember Sierre Leone and blood diamonds. The Sierre Leone people are the poorest in the world yet have some of the richest resources all owned by foreign corporations. Could it be if we find out who is receiving this opium money that we would find out why we are in Afghanistan?

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
The Taliban gave shelter to Bin Laden and A.Q. True they did not participate in the attacks of 9/11 but their given safe haven to Bin Laden was not going to continue.

It sucks that Afghanistan is pretty much a country on a map in name only. They (Afghanistan) seem to not want to form a national government, they are content having many smaller "fiefdoms" run by various leaders.

Yes, that's what experts say about it. History, tradition and geography conspire to create this fragmented tribal area.

Now that the OBL's base is no longer there, there is 0% reason to stay engaged.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
It sucks that Afghanistan is pretty much a country on a map in name only. They (Afghanistan) seem to not want to form a national government, they are content having many smaller "fiefdoms" run by various leaders. It's hard if not impossible to form a Central Government in that kind of situation.

Only most of Europe was like this at one point.

And now it isn't.

So it is not impossible.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I find it kind of odd that former CIA intelligence officers are speaking off the the cuff about Afghanistan and our involvement there? What is their angle of getting into the fray and outing the efforts of their colleagues still in harms way in both Iraq and Afghanistan? I mean if you want to get to the basics; the current situation in Afghanistan is what the CIA put together years ago in some boardroom at Langley.

I think these arm chair spooks should keep quite about Afghanistan and let the thing play out good or bad, because by them opening their mouths, the putrid stench of hypocrisy is emitted. These are the same guys that were involved in arming and training the Taliban to fight the Soviets back in the 80's. The situation in Afghanistan is a monster they created and now they think that they can wipe their hands clean because they speak contrary to US policy in Afghanistan? I'm not buying it one bit, and they are guilty of the debacle that is Afghanistan. Own up to your mistakes and your involvement at least, before criticizing a policy that you spearheaded to begin with.

[edit on 25-8-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
~ READ "GHOST WARS"...Great background info. on the history of the CIA and the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan...Really interested in seeing what develops this Fall in regards to the current forces in Afghanistan...

BOC

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
SCREW THE CIA AND THESE FRICKING PATSIES! Now things aren't going well for these starfish truckers they are going to sit and complain about how the war is creating more danger for our country! Hello..............some of us have been saying that before we ever went into Afghanistan. I'm sick and tired of all these stupid ex CIA, ex this ex that. Just like Tom Ridge coming out now saying what he's saying. What THE HELL were you doing when this crap was going on? These CIA guys are bunch of effing clowns. They can all go sit on a IED in my opinion. Why weren't they voicing these opinions when the American people really needed them to be voiced. They have balls to sit there and tell US that the war is not going as planned when they are the ones pulling the trigger years ago. How many of these brownpies were sitting there aware of all the torture going on and did nothing, said nothing. Now they are coming out talking about crap and how bad things.

It's like our stupid society that glorifies drug addicts. Oh wow you're amazing you conquered your drug addiction and recovered........well what about those people had the courage to NEVER TRY DRUGS in the first place.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

More eloquently put than I..........BUT EXACTLY! Former or current CIA all these clowns created the mess our country is in and now they want to wash their hands of it? Like I said they should pick up a damn rifle and go clean their mess up. An IED up their starfish is deserving for most of these shills.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
The USA has enough Petroleum. It is all stored in the best place for it currently - in the ground. Just because your reserves are unproven doesn't mean that they aren't there.

Russia can't get their petroleum out of the area. Has it occured to you that they are playing nice with the Muslims so that they can finish up doing what they have to, while at the same time working WITH the USA towards disrupting what is essentially a LOCAL problem for them.

The are bordered all along their main trade and transportation routes by Muslims.

They aren't playing nice because they have something going on. They are working with the USA towards keeping the area stablized into seperate countires.

As to Iraq. Even if it was about petroleum, which is really only part of the story, let us discuss that.

There is more than 300 years of petroleum in those fields. Those fields that are being developed in about the worst possible way. While you might be all concerned for independence, when the cheapest source of energy on the planet is used up and most of it was WASTED by criminal stupidity, you'd would look back on the people of this era and curse them for idiocy for not trying to do something to stop them from cointinuing to do so.

Actually Russia is doing what China is doing what America is attempting to do. And that is secure resources for a future where resources will be in short supply and high demand (fuel, food, water and to be honest women Because of some societies like China and others that value men over women). Russia isn't working in concert with the US, it's working in it's best interest. China is all over the place (especially Africa) to acquire resources because of it's population and it environmental destruction of it's land. America is actually late in the game and are being in my opinion short sighted in their attempts to acquire that Oil basin around Afghanistan and Pakistan (US is also looking at Irans lower left border where most of it's oil is produced). You may think well what about Saudi Arabia, they have Oil for generations. And thats one of two problems. There has been reports for years that Saudi Arabia's oil fields are drying up and they having to go deeper and use water to help push out what oil is left in areas. Another reason is that we owe Saudi Arabia hundreds of billions if not a trillion in investments they made by cycling the petrodollars back into US treasuries and bonds, and to add on top of that they with the other gulf states are having internal economic difficulties.

How is that possible, it's possible because they mortgaged their future with the US and didn't take their long term viability into account. There investments are going bust and they want their money and to put it bluntly from a few sources if read, we and the British aren't playing ball with that request. And what can they do, it's like a you loaning money to the mob and then wanting it back. They never took into account that this petrodollar and consumer economy and western banking wasn't a long term viable solution. They never intended to pay them back, especially since they can't come to washington with gunships or missiles and demand we pay. I and some of my friends have said that in the future we will be in a conflict that will be called the Resource Wars. And it won't be along the lines of the old alliances, it will be who is bigger and who can fight the least back. We will be going back to NeoFeudilism.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Found three other videos from this movie, very interesting.

Part 3: Cost of War

Part 4: Civilian Casualties

Part 5: Women of Afghanistan

[edit on 25-8-2009 by Parabol]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join