It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Former Top CIA Agents Say War In Afghanistan Ma

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Three Former Top CIA Agents Say War In Afghanistan Making World More Dangerous (VIDEO)

www.huffingtonpost.com

n a powerful new documentary, "Security" from the Rethink Afghanistan project, three former high-ranking CIA agents explain why the war in Afghanistan is making the world more dangerous, rather than safer, for Americans.

Robert Baer, former CIA field operative in the Middle East and the author of "See No Evil," says: "The notion that we are are in Afghanistan to make our country safer is complete bull-BEEP."

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.youtube.com

[edit on 24-8-2009 by Animal]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
*Warning* Some graphic Language in the Video.

This is really no surprise but I feel that it is important to point out. Bush started the wars we are currently waging as our country spirals into oblivion. Obama promised to end the wars and bring our troops home but this has not happened. Our country continues to spiral into oblivion.

Now Iraq is looking at voting our troops out of their country themselves (thank god); however, sadly Obama appears to NOT be a man of his word and will most likely send those troops to Afghanistan rather than bringing them home.

As Obama himself now says:

“This is not a war of choice. This is a war of necessity. Those who attacked America on 9/11 are plotting to do so again. If left unchecked, the Taliban insurgency will mean an even larger safe haven from which al Qaeda would plot to kill more Americans.”

www.examiner.com...

www.nbcmiami.com...

www.digitaljournal.com...

But as the 3 ex-CIA agents note in the video, Afghanistan and the Taliban did not attack us and trying to make it look like they did is disingenuous. More importantly attacking Afghanistan is creating more resentment against the USA and destabilizing the entire region.

I like how one of the CIA men says it is like Afghanistan and the Taliban were a hotel who had some really bad guests who attacked us, and rather than going after the bad guest we are attacking the hotel.

The bottom line is, if any nation was responsible for this attack wouldn't it be Saudi Arabia? They supplied MOST of the terrorists, including Osama Bin Ladin. They supplied huge amounts of cash to the terrorists.

Bottom line, on this issue Obama proves once again to be in no way about Change.

Most importantly it is time we stood up as a people and refused to participate in the warring our leaders are so reliant on to further their dark agendas on the part of their corporate masters.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
star and flag

Thank You sir
One of the most important threads in a long time

It's funny though that what I consider to be some of the most important threads in ATS history get very little activity.

Anyhow thx for the article, i'll watch the video when I get home and comment again

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Geat post. S&F! This is critical that the public knows that our gov't
is lying about why we are in Afghanistan and that we should pull
out and send our troops home.
I only watched the first video aand I'm curious if anyone speculated
on the REAL reasons we are there: is it the pipelines ?, is it to control
the poppy production? Those are my suspicions as to why in addition
to destabilizing the area, particularly Pakistan.
If true, how does that further a NWO agenda?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
The real reason for the surge of violence in Afghanistan - LIES!

Bashir Noorzai is one of the brothers heading the largest tribe in Afganistan. One of his other brothers may be a CIA stooge.. Bashir Noorzai was tricked into coming to the United States, he was told he would receive an award from then president Bush. He was wined and dined at an expensive hotel for two weeks and then at the direction of the head of the DEA, handcuffs were snapped on him.

He was the man responsible for bringing to the allied forces in Afganistan trucks filled with their most feared weapon - Stinger Missiles...

The operation to get him to come to the us was assisted by a shadowy entity known as Rosetta. There are pictures and signed receipts for hookers and cash paid to a Pakistani diplomat, and a Land Rover as a gift... yes there were even signed receipts for "blowjobs"...yes, you read that right, blowjobs...and yes, the pakistani diplomat would count as "bribery of a Foreign government Official... a felony..(under) the FCPA, The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act

When the Judge started asking too many questions the feds changed their prosecutors 3 times, each time switching to a younger and less saavy prosecutor who would not have to lie to evade the judicial questioning in chambers.

When Noorzai was arrested he was placed in a cell without windows so he could not face East to pray towards Mecca. This is now the BIG WIN for the head of US DEA...and may have been the factor (because the timing was IDENTICAL) that creating the "Surge" against allied troops by infuriating the largest clan in Afganistan. A clan of green eyed mountain men...who grow the only crop that will grow on that arid wasteland... All by violation of Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
LINK

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
pipe lines is my first and best guess for our rational for being in Afghanistan.

not not in the way we would naturally think, that is to secure another source of oil / gas.

this is from wiki:

The new deal on the pipeline was signed on 27 December 2002 by the leaders of Turkmenistan, Afghanistan and Pakistan.[1] In 2005, the Asian Development Bank submitted the final version of a feasibility study designed by British company Penspen. Since the United States military overthrew the Taliban government, the project has essentially stalled; construction of the Turkmen part was supposed to start in 2006, but the overall feasibility is questionable since the southern part of the Afghan section runs through territory which continues to be under de facto Taliban control.

On 24 April 2008, Pakistan, India and Afghanistan signed a framework agreement to buy natural gas from Turkmenistan.
link

so if the creation of this pipeline was so important to us i think it would be running. i think this may have to do with securing deposits of oil / gas for the future and something to do with propping up the oil / gas regime in turkmenistan. though i am far from an expert on middle east affairs.

Also from wiki:

For several years, Turkmenistan was a key player in the U.S. Caspian Basin Energy Initiative, which sought to facilitate negotiations between commercial partners and the Governments of Turkmenistan, Georgia, Azerbaijan, and Turkey to build a pipeline under the Caspian Sea and export Turkmen gas to the Turkish domestic energy market and beyond--the so-called Trans-Caspian Gas Pipeline (TCGP). However, the Government of Turkmenistan essentially removed itself from the negotiations in 2000 by refusing all offers by its commercial partners and making unrealistic demands for billion-dollar "pre-financing." Following a tripartite summit with the presidents of Russia and Kazakhstan in May 2007 in which gas was a major topic, however, the new President Berdimuhamedow resurrected the idea of a Trans-Caspian gas pipeline, explicitly refusing to rule out the possibility of constructing such a pipeline in the future.

The United States and Turkmenistan continue to disagree about the country's path toward democratic and economic reform. The United States has publicly advocated industrial privatization, market liberalization, and fiscal reform, as well as legal and regulatory reforms to open up the economy to foreign trade and investment, as the best way to achieve prosperity and true independence and sovereignty.

The U.S. Embassy, USAID, and the Peace Corps are located in Ashgabat, Turkmenistan.
link

So it is hard for me to suss out exactly what is going on over there, i just KNOW it is not about making us safer.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Why the hell are we listening to these guys, the same guys who made Afghanistan what it is? The CIA is the one making it dangerous, not the U.S. military.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
S&F

Despite the CIA correcting Obama about Taliban having nothing to do with 9/11, we still live in a society where the term terrorism seem to be an umbrella grouping all of these different factions under it and as long as the media convince the American people that these people are terrorists, then the American people will not note the difference as it did after 9/11 when we invaded in Iraq and not Saudi Arabia. And it is not easy to "bring the troop home". It is a long process, but Obama did screw us. I read an article about the U.S. troops pulling out, only to read another article about an increase in troops in Afghanistan.

It is rather amazing how long we have been in Afghanistan, despite our advanced military and intelligence agencies. It is almost enough to spin another conspiracy.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Geat post. S&F! This is critical that the public knows that our gov't
is lying about why we are in Afghanistan and that we should pull
out and send our troops home.
I only watched the first video aand I'm curious if anyone speculated
on the REAL reasons we are there: is it the pipelines ?, is it to control
the poppy production? Those are my suspicions as to why in addition
to destabilizing the area, particularly Pakistan.
If true, how does that further a NWO agenda?

Denial of the mythological caliphate homeland. Suppression of attempts at isolating Russia and the trade routes through Asia, extending to denial of sewing up the shipping routes through the Horn of Africa.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DevilJin
S&F

Despite the CIA correcting Obama about Taliban having nothing to do with 9/11, we still live in a society where the term terrorism seem to be an umbrella grouping all of these different factions under it and as long as the media convince the American people that these people are terrorists, then the American people will not note the difference as it did after 9/11 when we invaded in Iraq and not Saudi Arabia. And it is not easy to "bring the troop home". It is a long process, but Obama did screw us. I read an article about the U.S. troops pulling out, only to read another article about an increase in troops in Afghanistan.

It is rather amazing how long we have been in Afghanistan, despite our advanced military and intelligence agencies. It is almost enough to spin another conspiracy.

It takes a lot longer to assure that the transformation that needs to happen to make them stop doing it stays, than it is to bomb the #ers and then leave them in rubble.

I mean, nice idea - but they were already living in the cave era. Bombing them back to it won't do anything to stop their elites.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Afghanistan's government, the Taliban, was the headquarters for the groups that were committing 911.

Those little lines on paper called borders don't mean anything, when all the elites are related through dense intermarriage to each other regardless of the borders.

You want to pretend that "poor Afghanistan and the Taliban" didn't do anything. When you aid and abet, and you provide the place to train, and you are the assigned Headquarters for the Pan-Islamic State....then you are the place to attack.

Those living in the large cities knew this - that is why they started evacuating on 911.

By the standards you are promoting NO country is responsible, and no group is responsible merely because you cannot pin it anywhere due to the nature of the religious-political-economic empire they are trying to establish.

While you may want to lay down before Islam, I do not. I will not allow you to pretend that solidifying an Islamic empire from South Africa to Kazakhstan, from Jersusalem to Indonesia is somehow in my best interests. Because it surely is not.

[edit on 2009/8/24 by Aeons]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Originally posted by DevilJin
S&F

It takes a lot longer to assure that the transformation that needs to happen to make them stop doing it stays, than it is to bomb the #ers and then leave them in rubble.

I mean, nice idea - but they were already living in the cave era. Bombing them back to it won't do anything to stop their elites.

I agree, but it is obviously not the intent of the U.S., in terms of interest, to help the Afghans, but to do something else. Maybe appease Americans on the war on terror? The War on Drugs worked the same in that it increased the drug trafficking and so on in the States than it did reduce it. My question is what IS the point of Afghan war? What hidden interest do the U.S. have? It really seems like the Taliban is the innocent ones here. I know they instituted their religion to the extreme and had Osama there, etc. But still, there are plenty of places like that and you do not see the U.S. attacking those places.

As for bombing, the Afghans have a long history of being difficult to defeat, despite what they lack, but now I bet they have fundings from Iran and other Islamic countries.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
As we know IRAQ was ultimately invaded to support the US energy distrubution strategy as per PNAC document et al.

As we now also know AFGHANISTAN is being invaded to support the US energey distribution strategy and also as a strategic steppping stone in Asia thus nullifying any potential reliance upon Russian energy sources and distrubution.

On CNN last night it was reported that:

2001 total opium being produced in Afghanistan was 180 Tonnes

2007 total opium being produced in Afghahnistan is IRO 7800 Tonnes.

An increase of over 7000 Tonnes directly pro rata to the growth in US/NATO/UN Troops on the ground over the 7 year period.....

I also recall that opium did/does represent some 50-60% of Afghanistans GDP.

Given that the Taliban now control some 1/3rd of the country it begs the question - How is the Taliban being financed? Opium perhaps?

How can US and NATO/UN Troops patrol these poppy fields every day and ignore this? How can the higher echelons not see the connection between poppy growth and growth of Taliban?

Does it hark back perhaps to CIA Black Ops Drug Running in Central/South America?

Generals on CNN claim to be introducing new control to reduce poppy growth - well, as in Central and South America the local poor farmers simply get paid more for producing an acre of poppy harvest as opposed to an acre of agricultural harvest that would sustain the Afghan economy.

Also as in S and Central America the drug lords provide schools and healthcare to poor locals further providing incentive to grow poppy or similar.

John King did his best to lay his finger in the "poppy field" wound on CNN last night, albeit indirectly - the general was struggling for sure.

Its outrageous that any politician can get on the media podium and claim Afghanistan is about the safety of the Western World.

I am neither for or particularly against Obama vs any other politician - because one thing i know has been largely true over the ages: "Politicians will say and do anything to GET into power. They will then say and do anything to STAY in power" - and Obama is no exception.

As such I expect a continual stream of BS and illusion on Afghanistan or any other conflict that is for the "safety of the western world.

Thanks

Bravo

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

If you want headquarters of the Taliban, look to the CIA. We created the entity to fight the Russians. If the nexus is the creation of the group, and this nexus is enough to kill hundreds of thousands of individuals, you have pointed the finger at us.

Now I am not naive, and realize that our control in foreign entities is necessary for our own survival. However we should admit that is the case and state to various countries, either tell them the truth that we need your resources and you can sell them cheap or face a war. Or lie to our own people about the pretext of what is going on.

It seems you are caught up in #2. Do some research.

Chenny was negotiating with the Taliban for several years before 2001 for access through Afghanistan for a pipeline deal. We wined and dined them in America. When talks failed we have our current crises and a de humanization of the entire country. Does this make seem rational? Only in a world where we make a request and then are rebuffed do we manufacture a war.

We might really need the opium or land, or oil transportation for the good of our country. So I'm not saying don't take it, I'm just saying don't lie to the US public on why we act a certain way.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
The USA has enough Petroleum. It is all stored in the best place for it currently - in the ground. Just because your reserves are unproven doesn't mean that they aren't there.

Russia can't get their petroleum out of the area. Has it occured to you that they are playing nice with the Muslims so that they can finish up doing what they have to, while at the same time working WITH the USA towards disrupting what is essentially a LOCAL problem for them.

The are bordered all along their main trade and transportation routes by Muslims.

They aren't playing nice because they have something going on. They are working with the USA towards keeping the area stablized into seperate countires.

As to Iraq. Even if it was about petroleum, which is really only part of the story, let us discuss that.

There is more than 300 years of petroleum in those fields. Those fields that are being developed in about the worst possible way. While you might be all concerned for independence, when the cheapest source of energy on the planet is used up and most of it was WASTED by criminal stupidity, you'd would look back on the people of this era and curse them for idiocy for not trying to do something to stop them from cointinuing to do so.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeffesq

Negotiating, funding and training of some people doesn't equal control.

Manipulation is a two way street. And some of the people your agencies played, parlayed into something that could not have been predicted.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Why are we in Afghanistan?

1. To secure the land for pipelines.

2. To keep money flowing into the Military Industrial Complex.

3. To keep money flowing OUT OF the American Tax-payer's pocket.

Get rich, get power, get richer, get more power...

Same song and dance human societies have been doing for centuries, nay
millenia....

an addendum (slightly off-topic)

If we humans, as a species, do not conquer our instincts for competition
with reason, our instincts will conquer us. Looking in from a LONG way
off, the instinct to survive--built into any species, on any planet, must be
overcome once that species achieves sufficient technology to annihilate itself.
This is my greatest argument against aliens, and for God.

Now I'm going to put the bong down and have a taco supreme

[edit on 24-8-2009 by rival]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
There is only so much money you can have before it doesn't mean anything. Particularly if you are part of a group that it making it.

So, while I see and hear that meme all the time - it seems that it appeals to the understanding of those of us who have to toil, to be accessible and made true through repitition.

But it doesn't pass the sniff test when you look objectively at it.

Look closer.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Being former military im all about doing what it takes to keep America and its citizens safe......but its time, enough is enough.....

If we want to protect ourselves and protect our country, its time to pull our troops back home, and do the smart thing........SECURE OUR BORDERS

Take the precautions HERE to make sure nothing we dont want gets in. Servers two fold, it cuts a huge hole in the illegal immigration and it keeps us safer while keeping our troops close at hand, AND we arent spending huge amounts of money for campaigns over seas...

If the government was truly concerned with its citizens it would do this, theres more behind whats going on, you dont ignore the common sense solution for one that over extends our country, unless theres dollar bills or something else behind it.

We can no longer afford to fight these drawn out battles in order to "keep our country safe, and help the world" When the rest of the world is starting to pull back.

Send out your cia operatives thats fine, do whatever you have to do, keep your spy sats up, thats all good and well....but its time to bring our boys home and protect our own land.....

We became a great country by protecting our own, its time we remembered that.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
But you cannot go isolationist without you also excluding yourself and then making yourselves into a target or a victim.

So, that's a LOVELY fantasy. Very utopia agrarian. I know that appeals to a lot of people.

As a way of making sure that your country lasts for another ....maybe hundred years.... before you get completely wiped out by a dominating culture its PERFECT.

You live in a time of sharpening and densification of socio-religious-economic-cultural-linguistic thought forms. A time when there are more people on Earth than your ancestors could have ever imagined in their isolationism.

Your way won't save you. It'll just pacify until a more dominant force comes for you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join