It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Customers call for Whole Foods boycott

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Guys... check the above video

Understand what you are supporting really

Even if that's not what you are really intending to support.. at the end of the day that's what it will become.

Please watch video and post comments.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I've read all the posts here but I specifically wanted to comment on the two Larry King videos on the first page.

The first one had Dr Ron Paul debating Dr Paul Song and Dr Sanjay Gupta...

So here we have Dr Paul Song, radiation oncologist, going on about this and that before saying he "wants a public option" along with the health care reform because he doesn't want insurance companies to reap all the profits like they've been doing.

In other words, Mr cancer doctor wants insurance reform but also wants people to have access to a government run, public health option so all could have medical coverage. So to him it doesn't matter if the insurance companies fund it or if it's tax payer money supplying the cash, Dr Song just wants his $125,000 radiation therapy to fly off the shelf as need be (since we all know cancer rates are through the roof now more than ever).

He then goes on to quote the R.A.N.D. corporation's report (a military industrial complex think-tank) about how wonderful a job Veteran Affairs have been doing. Hahaha

Then ol' high and mighty, C.F.R. member Sanjay Gupta comes in with his support for a government run co-op, who will of course receive "seed money" as he calls it, to further expand health care's reach.

Ron Paul, the only voice of reason AGAIN, makes the point that all three visions are more incremental steps to take all choices out of the hands of the citizens all the while forcing them to deal with the tax hikes that will eventually accompany and of those reforms.

He was the only one that had any real solution which leads to the second video (one Sanjay easily dismissed like a good CFR member should).

The second video saw Stan Brock, founder of a free medical care system, which treats thousands of patients who otherwise would be on desolation row. Stan Brock iterated the fundamental ridiculousness that is government regulation which stipulates a medically trained professional cannot move from one state to another to offer FREE health care.

- Now really think about this, there are thousands of well off doctors we have, that legitimately care about the health of the least fortunate while not caring so much about their own wallets at this point. -

Government specifically created (because of corporate lobbying via insurance and pharmaceutical giants) legislation to make it very difficult for those to doctors to pick-up and help those unfortunate.

Ron Paul quickly furthered the point that there should be incentives for thousands of these free health care centers to be opened up across the country - the exact type of centers that corporate interests will eventually crush should they continue to have their way of influence in Washington.

Of course, Dr Gupta readily warned us to beware of the "goodness of man" in these situations. Hahahaha

The last video, directly above, with Ron Paul and Lew Rockwell was a realistic version of how a systematic wave of control is being enacted and enforced on the country that puts more and more "ownership" of what we can and can't do (or even can choose for that matter), in the hand of government. (Which at this point is only an authoritative front who we think is looking out for us).

Ron Paul hits the nail on the head when he references medical fascism (a health care system run by corporations and insurance/pharmaceutical conglomerates).

He gives an funny yet real example of how George Orwell's "1984" could eventually look attractive to the directions we're taking with regards to private records keeping.

The last minute of the conversation was really neat when they laughed about the swine flu bio-warfare the US tried to wage against all the livestock on Cuba during the Ford administration. Otherwise known as terrorism, Rockwell notes before Paul laughs about the truth to the conspiracies we're not suppose to talk about.

In the end, I definitely support Ron Paul's view that NOTHING of critical importance whatsoever, is being addressed in this health care debate.

Arguing over a kick in the nuts versus a punch in the face is all that's going on in this debate.

We wouldn't want to talk about why Americans are sicker, have more cases of chronic disease and illness than ever; all the while paying more and more for "health care". Nah

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by StrangeBrew

Starred!
Great summary

Isn't it funny the games that they play?

But anyhow, I also liked when Ron Paul spoke of Shriners, that was also a very good point.

That Larry King video shows the scope of issues being discussed.
Take Ron Paul out of the video and you have what every average american is being exposed to on a daily basis.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by acrux
I hope you end up in a situation of no money & extremely sick, then see yourself crying for a right to healthcare.

Well thanks for that
My parents did raise me to save and take care of myself so i'm sure i'll be good, sorry to tell you

Originally posted by acrux
Your the sort whom seem to think only being born to wealth gives you rights.

You are whats wrong with modern society.

Actually I don't at all think only wealth gives you rights and I don't see how you could see that.

YOU are what's wrong with modern society

If you believe everyone has a right to healthcare then you believe govt. giving it to you.

That's what's wrong with modern society, we want mobsters to be our saviors. We want to entrust our rights, money and health to mobsters.

And you tell me I AM what's wrong with today?

[edit on 25-8-2009 by subfab]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join