It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Customers call for Whole Foods boycott

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

In other words he is an idiot.

Not so much.. considering he was just voicing his opinion I would say he's probably shocked at the childish outrage. Just because he's a CEO doesn't mean he isn't entitled to an opinion .. especially seeing as he sells food.. not health care.. so what the hell do people care what he thinks anyways? It shows the rabid ferocity of the Left if you disagree with them.

Far from an Idiot. He's being attacked for voicing his opinion.

reply to post by Janitor From Mars

I have no idea. It would obviously be Liberals who are boycotting the company.. the article is in line with Conservative beliefs.. as to whether or not the majority of his customers are Liberal I have no idea.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ohioriver

yea, good luck with that.

There are some, being the word there. It means not all.

Which for some people means looking and looking and never finding someoen to help them.

A lot of services are not that easy to get.\ as you think.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Fact is, this company makes money off of health products. Yet, they want to deny health coverage to millions.

That right there shows you either didn't understand or didn't read his article.

nice try though

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I think what is meant by he is an idiot is, a large portion on his customers support this bill and ARE liberal. Ever heard the term don't bite the hand that feeds you. 2 cents

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

And a man of his position should know how to be more careful when expressing his opinions and taking political sides.

Don't underestimate the power of angry people.

Specially with such a volatile issue as the health care reform.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Um yes I did. And he is still an idiot.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

It's the Liberals rights to boycott what ever they want, but it's still childish. Nothing is going to be gained.. The man has every right to be a Libertarian, and honestly, if you have read the article, I don't know if you have, its a very very mild article. It doesn't blast Liberals, it doesn't shout out against the Democratic position.. it just says "this is one way of doing something" ... And then boycotts pop out of nowhere attacking him.

It's disgusting.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

As usual that is the right of the people also, to boycott, protest and give away opinions also.

So they are even now.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I know, I have said in every post that both sides are perfectly in their rights to do so. I just think that in this instance it's blown way out of proportion.. It reminds me of Conservatives renaming French Fries .. simply idiotic.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Um yes I did. And he is still an idiot.

Oh ya... well I bet you wouldn't be able to define HOW exactly he's an idiot
could you?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

That one is an easy one to answer, Chief executive John wanted to become political and stuck his foot in his mouth.

Either he did it out of stupidity or he was actually looking for a reaction.

But it doesn't matter he got what he was looking for.

In a nation that right now is facing low consumer spending I don't think Whole Foods can stand having bad publicity over one of his executive comments.

That makes him an idiot.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Dude that doesn't have to do with anything.

He is in a position where he can spread a strong message
if anything it's his responsibility to do so

imagine if bill gates and Apple's CEO did the same
it would really spread awareness

giving your opinion for the greater good is far from stupid

I really cannot understand your thought process

May I ask who you voted for?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

It's the Liberals rights to boycott what ever they want, but it's still childish. Nothing is going to be gained.. The man has every right to be a Libertarian, and honestly, if you have read the article, I don't know if you have, its a very very mild article. It doesn't blast Liberals, it doesn't shout out against the Democratic position.. it just says "this is one way of doing something" ... And then boycotts pop out of nowhere attacking him.

It's disgusting.

IMO It is a liberal tactic of this administration to attack free speech. They will use whatever method they can to push more "Hate Crime, Cyberbullying" legislation. Everyone has the right to free speech or no one does. Would liberals like to give up their right to free speech just to squash the rights of conservatives or libertarians? P.S.The constitution doesn't guarantee that you won't get your feelings hurt.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Health care is a hotly debated topic with many facets right now. And people on both sides seem to be doling out a lot of information and mis information, adn there are a lot of confused people.

To comment on such a thing means your gonna piss a group off no matter what. Whether you are right, wrong, or indifferent.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I don't agree with you often Ms. Marge but I am with you on this one.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

No when the company is now doing all they can to reverse the damage done by the "executive big mouth"

See I did read the article you know.
Even the company is not exempt to the economic woes.

Seemingly caught off-guard by the unfolding PR crisis, Whole Foods sought to distance itself from its chief executive's comments.

"We've had a lot of emails and phone calls and people coming into our stores to talk about it," said Libba Letton, spokeswoman for Whole Foods. "Our top priority is addressing their concerns."

"Mackey's views are totally at odds with those of the company - he has to go," said UFCW spokesperson Mark Federici.

That part of the article clearly shows that the damage control is trying to fix things.

In times of recession the last thing you want is make your custumers unhappy or angry specially when you need them to survive

[edit on 24-8-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by acrux
I hope you end up in a situation of no money & extremely sick, then see yourself crying for a right to healthcare.

Your the sort whom seem to think only being born to wealth gives you rights.

You are whats wrong with modern society.

[edit on 24-8-2009 by acrux]

So are you suggesting that a free market alternative healthcare program would not work, or would not be better than a govenemnt controlled healthcare program?

I think people like yourself see just one side, and that side is a government that provides all your needs. The problem is the government is not very efficient and so for them to do this the cost would be 10 times the cost of a free market system, AND the free market system would provide a higher quality of care since it would be based on competition, but then the people who need healthcare today don’t really care about the cost, they just want the coverage.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
you know why he is lobbying against healthcare reform? The biggest reason for the bill is to empower small companie with health care so that they can compete against the bigger market.

People are focusing on the individaul, but it is mainly to help small companies compete.

This bill would mean that Whole Foods would end up with competition.

Someone is thinking of their own interests. Though a couple of the points they make seems to make sense.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

That makes absolutely no sense. How does this bill effect competition for Whole Foods exactly?

Small Businesses will no longer have to afford high health insurance because they can terminate their policies, pay a fee tax of 8% and force all the employees on Government sponsored plans.

Whole Foods can ALSO force ALL of their employees into Gov funded programs.. the 8% fee tax will be a major cost reduction to the cost of insurance.. freeing up a far larger portion of capital to dominate the market with?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Small Businesses will no longer have to afford high health insurance because they can terminate their policies, pay a fee tax of 8% and force all the employees on Government sponsored plans.

Whole Foods can ALSO force ALL of their employees into Gov funded programs.. the 8% fee tax will be a major cost reduction to the cost of insurance.. freeing up a far larger portion of capital to dominate the market with?

Because the costs of providing benefits to their employees is prohibitive to small business owners in this economy. The majority of small business owners can't afford to do it in the first place. And while it would also free up capital for big companies like Whole Foods, the savings would do a lot more for a small business that is struggling to get by than an established company that has already grown to the extent that Whole Foods has.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join