It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind Control-Simplier Than We Thought?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
(I already posted this but I thought Id do it again since no one was viewing it)

I was doing a series of word searches in a particular book, and noticed that they have certain letters and such around the so-said word you are trying to find that draw your eyes to you word. Let's say you were looking for the word "TRAIL" And around it, there would be some "tr's" And some "ai's" that didn't belong with the actual word. Is this the whole point of word search or could this be an extremely simple form of mind control and we don't even know?
Could this mean if you studied the human brain enough you could create a piece of art that would cause your body to do things against your will? Like say, you look at this picture and your under hypnosis? Or has visual mind control already been mastered? I just thought I'd share this because I noticed it throughout the book.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

A subliminal message is a signal or message embedded in another medium, designed to pass below the normal limits of the human mind's perception. These messages are unrecognizable by the conscious mind, but in certain situations can affect the subconscious mind and can negatively or positively influence subsequent later thoughts, behaviors, actions, attitudes, belief systems and value systems. The term subliminal means "beneath a limen" (sensory threshold). This is from the Latin words sub, meaning under, and limen, meaning threshold.

Wiki: Subliminal Message

Its been happening for a long time, read the above wiki entry for more info. When i was studying media we did a whole week on subliminal messaging and subliminal advertising, product placement works really well in films for this reason.

Although this kind of "mind control" is limited, it does still work.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by refuse_orders

Thanks! It Just All Seems So Freaky Knowing People Could Easily Influence You To Do Something, Like Just Finding A Word, And Manipulate Your Brain

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by excitedwaterkickingritual

Yeah i know what you mean, understanding how it works is the first step to removing its effects. Don't worry about it, subliminal messages are a natural part of communication, acting aggressively whilst talking about a passive subject is subliminal messaging. The subconscious will focus on the body language and your concious will focus on what's being said.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   

people that cant think for themself are easy to be manipulated

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

You might find this skill/dicipline interesting.

en.wikipedia.org...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

people that cant think for themself are easy to be manipulated

Even people that do think for themselves can be manipulated.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

the mass outweighs common sense thinkers

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by refuse_orders

Wow Now That I Think About It Your Right. Im Not So Worried Now . Thanks For Your Help

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by platipus

Im Sure Plenty Of People Can Be Manipulated For Mind Control XD Their Mind Controller Just Has To Know Which Strings To Pull ;P

[edit on 24-8-2009 by excitedwaterkickingritual]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

give me an example wen this has been done

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Reply to post by platipus

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by platipus

I Don't Know Anyone Personal, But I'm Sure If Someone Was Smart Enough They Could Control Anyone's Mind, To A Certain Degree

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by platipus

give me an example wen this has been done

Do you think mind control had an effect on these people?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Does Hitler ring a bell? Propaganda? Nazi?

Do you think the murdering 6 million people was done without somekind of mind control over the mass of German people; Social, political or otherwise? Platipus are you a Holocaust denier by any chance? Or are you even aware that their was a Holocaust?

[edit on 24-8-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

So The Whole Holocaust Situation Had Some Mind Control In There? I Had No Idea, Thats Pretty Interesting O_O Im Wondering If Thats Maybe What Theyve Been Doing Recently Or For How Long, With The NWO And Such, If Its True XD

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
by means of MK-ULTRA (GOOGLE IT!!), and imported nazi mind-control scientists (project paperclip), the government now knows everything about mind control, and is using it quite effectively to manipulate the masses. most people don't bother thinking for themselves anyways, so it is quite easy for the goverment to keep the cattle busy worshiping new gods (celebrities), and only thinking about movies and etc. the cattle are programmed to see anything truly important as "nerdy." and all the illumnist distractions as "hip."

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by excitedwaterkickingritual
reply to post by whaaa

So The Whole Holocaust Situation Had Some Mind Control In There? I Had No Idea, Thats Pretty Interesting O_O Im Wondering If Thats Maybe What Theyve Been Doing Recently Or For How Long, With The NWO And Such, If Its True XD

If its true??

Where do you think this information came from?

I see you are pretty new here. The search function in the upper right hand corner is a wonderful tool.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiritfilled

So Pretty Much The People Who Dont Give In To That Gag Are People Like On Here? I Was Thinking About That The Other Day, About How None Of Thats Important And What Are They Even Trying To Achieve With All That Nonsense? And Then I Remembered, NWO XD We Shouldnt Really Be Worried About Mind Contol, Should We? Here On ATS? Well I Guess I Agree With
refuse_orders
"understanding how it works is the first step to removing its effects."

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Oh Sorry XD Yes Im Really New Here And Dont Know Too Much About It Thanks. And I Was Pretty Sure The NWO Was True, But I Never Really Know What To Trust Any Longer. But It Seems Pretty Real It Me. I Just Threw That In There

new topics

top topics

join