It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Plan to Desecrate 9/11

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
After George W. Bush, Obama would have to try real hard to desecrate what little positive meaning 9-11 had left.

Obama couldn't shine Bush's shoes.

l2

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

reply to post by nixie_nox

Maybe I'm misunderstanding mm, or maybe you're reading too much into his comments:

Do we need government to dictate to use that which is self evident?
Do we need government to tell us how to feel about the horrid day?

Obama, stay the hell out of our personal lives.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The whole notion adheres to common sense.

Does Hiroshima celebrate the day they were bombed? I don't think so. In fact, if I opened a newspaper and read about them turning that day in to a party, I'd think they'd outright lost their damn minds.

Same as the idea of celebrating Nov. 23.

This is a ploy to mess with people's minds - the real war behind the scenes.

What is there to celebrate? The thousands of lives lost? The endless war it essentially was used to create?

That makes me sick. I remember a little too clearly the people that jumped out of windows in the tallest buildings in the world to escape an inferno.

Celebrate that? Never.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
reply to post by mental modulator

You are such an unwavering liberal its starting to get sad. This isn't about the government telling us how to feel. This is about the government trying to turn a day of mourning into a day of celebration.

This is about what is right and wrong. What I find funny is that you would not be this coy about it if Bush was the one doing this.

Your posts have become painfully predictable. I am not much for pain so goodbye.

Certainly it is about Dictating how you feel, if you were an independent person you yourself would FEEL how you felt irrespective of what government determines.
But this is the paradox, you HATE the government and you love the flag that represents it. You love the ornaments but hate the tree itself. I personally am not one for ceremony however, nobody is stopping you from building a shrine, or crying or donating to the families of those lost.

So in this case it seems you are very concerned about the dictates of government.

In another mystery you tout right and wrong

yet the common Right wing line is that the role of government is not about right and wrong, it is about staying out of your personal business. Yet in this case you want
the government to deliver a verdict for all to share. However right and wrong cannot and should not be considered in providing quality of health to those who are ALIVE and can benefit from such GOVERNMENT INTRUSIONS. Do you think an uninsured sick AMERICAN is a sub human ANIMAL? Once again love the flag, but could careless about the basic components it represents.

Finally I thought the point of 7 year 9/11 propaganda war was to be "resolute, resolved and to honor the dead by moving ahead, showing our "STRENGTH" and determination to continue on in the name of FREEDOM". Sounds to me like you want to give satisfaction and comfort to the EVIL DOERS TM... If that is not the case, why did ALL of use have to endure nearly a decade of these notions? And if you RIGHTIES are so against big government why did you all tow the line of the big government?

Once again you have to have your hands involved in the way everybody thinks and feels via the Federal Government. God forbid if it could be used to improve peoples lives.

[edit on 24-8-2009 by mental modulator]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
reply to post by jd140

Well, on this point I have to agree with mm:

Do we need the gov't to tell us how to feel on this day?

No we do not. It is personal to each of us in our own way.

But I do also agree with the OP that it has nothing to do with service or the greening of America. Keep politics out of it, Barry. Let it remain a national day of personal remembrance.

And let it be remembered with a moment of silence, and a gathering of concerned Americans.

I agree with you JSO...

IF we are going to have it that way lets have it that way.

9/11 and greening is a foolish correlation...

We should make it a personal day PERIOD!!!

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Fair enough. But I am sure you have to agree that if everyone felt, interpreted, or viewed everything the same way, ATS would get pretty boring, pretty quick.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
reply to post by jsobecky

I don't agree with mm.

They should respect that day enough to not make it a celebratory holiday. As I said in my last post, this isn't about them trying to tell us how to feel on that day.

I can agree with that if you can let the day be a day, not mark it as if the souls are tokens.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by deadoralive

As a person who was there (25 blocks away), who watched the second plane hit, lost friends and neighbors, breathed the ashes of the dead, and attended over forty funerals, I say this ...

To take THIS day, and all it stands for, and use it as a foundation for a partizan attack on the president is beyond shameful. It is disgusting, it is weak, it is lame, it is pathetic, it is stupid.

Give it a rest for one freakin' day Mr. Matthew Vadum, you sir are a sorry excuse for a human being.

And this has nothing to do with who the president is or what party or any of that nonsense we all discuss on any OTHER given day.

It's not about YOU Vadum and it's not even about the president.

Unfreakin' believable.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I can't believe ye all still pay attention

To Washington ON ANYTHING......................

You make the day what you want it to be. Why do Americans get so uptight and drilled by anything the government says.

"government does something. and the whole country just gets into a silly pet shop craze. The government says this, says that. Watch CNN, drill drill.

Post it on here.
Obama says his view on 9/11

Who gives a # what they say. It's what you do that matters. Now please all of you become aware and stop paying so much bloody attention to these lunatics. For Christ sake get it already. Stop putting your time into them. Stop putting your faith into them and please just do this please. STOP REACTING.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join