It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Well if your going to kill yourself you might as well try to make difference and take some NWO scum down with you. Go out fighting otherwise it's just a lame way to go.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Good thread, S&F. Even if I disagree that there is nothing after death, I still agree with the rest of the post!

IMO, you sure don't want to commit suicide because if there is something after death, if there's reincarnation, you never know what kind of horrible life you'll get stuck with because you took the actions you did. But, that's neither here nor there...I can say I personally know a young girl who was killed by a drunk driver...she was suicidal for a long time and wanted off this planet...she got better and started loving life again only to be killed by a drunk driver only months after coming out of that time. She was fourteen, that certainly puts into perspective a lot of things, at least it did for me!

[edit on 24-8-2009 by ldyserenity]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
i tried to kill myself 3 months after my dad was murdered.
i was drinking heavily, my family had all fallen out, i was going to loose my job and my partner. it was hell. i thought death would be better.
i slashed my wrist really deep.
i was found and was really lucky.

i am so glad i failed!!

i got help and i stopped drinking. I am now 4 years sober and i help other alcoholics in their recovery.

i think i had to reach my rock bottom to get better. may be I wasnt meant to go then.

love and light
ps

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
You have people that care about you and there IS a god. He is not willing that any should perish. What you see around you is the result of man's inhumanity to man, not God's will.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Okay,

I've read the thread, and I want to throw a curve ball. What about dare devils, or People who knowingly participate in events; which roll the dice with a huge chance in death?

It could be considered suicidal, or even chasing death; an actual want of death.

Okay, so I want to see how People respond to the above, and........

Many cultures have felt nothing wrong with Suicide; even looked upon it with honor. A phrase to go along with that is: "Death Before Dishonor"

Okay, begin now!

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Thanks to all the compassionate replies, sharing your painful personal experiences, your hope and inspiration. While I don't support anyone's idea to commit suicide, I don't condemn those who are in such a hopeless state of mind that they can't find a way out. Nor do I believe anyone is karmically punished.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeus2573
Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

No matter how bad things get.............suicide is not the answer.

Bumper-sticker jargon is not helpful. People are truly in pain. Check this site out, you will find that people think beyond what you stated, they are at the end of their rope

suicideproject.org...

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez

Originally posted by Zeus2573
Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

No matter how bad things get.............suicide is not the answer.

Bumper-sticker jargon is not helpful. People are truly in pain. Check this site out, you will find that people think beyond what you stated, they are at the end of their rope

suicideproject.org...

Tell me about it, I HATE those sorts of comments. And there's the other one, "suicide is a selfish act". Anyone who says that has never EVER been in the godawful position that myself and loads of others have been in.

I think about it every day and night, but haven't actually done it yet because I'm not selfish. I don't want to leave my parents with a hole in the family, but one day I might have to check out early, because it's not getting any better and various forms of treatment haven't worked. I don't wish this on anybody, I really don't know what would be worse.

Originally posted by sancoearlyjones
Okay,

I've read the thread, and I want to throw a curve ball. What about dare devils, or People who knowingly participate in events; which roll the dice with a huge chance in death?

It could be considered suicidal, or even chasing death; an actual want of death.

Okay, so I want to see how People respond to the above, and........

I don't think they're suicidal, they just get high off the adrenaline rush. I don't think they want to die.

-

Another thing that has stopped me so far is the thought of what might happen after death. I don't know for sure that there is something, but if there is, there could be consequences for my actions. It might damage "spiritual growth" or something like that. I've done a lot of reading on what could happen, but no one really has a definite answer, no one knows.

Mental illness is not something that you can overcome by simply thinking positive. Some people never get rid of the black cloud, they just try and get by.

Hopefully if there is some ultimate power who judges our actions, he/she has compassion for people who are tormented by this horrible problem.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   

That's very interesting, as a way to give meaning to even a neccessary suffering, for the sake of those who would have lived and loved, and suffered.

That's a brilliant piece of "logotherapy" right there, good for you!

It's good theology as well as far as I'm concerned, whatever you might make of that.

Best,

OmegaPoint

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

And you looked so invincible by your avatar!

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
You have people that care about you and there IS a god. He is not willing that any should perish. What you see around you is the result of man's inhumanity to man, not God's will.

Hello, Whitewave. It's weird you say that because I just watched The Watchman again and I distinctly recall Rorschach's line to the psychiatrist: "You see, Doctor, God didn't kill that little girl. Fate didn't butcher her and destiny didn't feed her to those dogs. If God saw what any of us did that night he didn't seem to mind. From then on I knew... God doesn't make the world this way. We do."

Our destiny is ours as we choose, whatever path that is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join