It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you store all your information?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
There are a lot of different subjects on this board.
I think each person here has his own favourite subjects.
After reading a lot on this board, I noticed that some people here have a lot of knowledge about the subjects they like.

I was thinking to do some of my own research to learn more about my favorite subjects, but there is so much information on internet and in books, sometimes there is just to much information.

This brings me to some questions.
1. Do you collect the information that match your interests?
If above answer is yes, how do you store all that information? Just putting it on a Pc is a bit risky to lose it after a crach.

2. Do you have a own library with your favourite books?

3. Do you have a own room where you can do all your research?

3. If you have pics from your research- workroom or library. Post them here.

Thanks!

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I sometimes keep a note taking book.... or a journal whatever.

Lol, when I find something that really, REALLY, interests me, i'll write it down, susceptible only to fire. lol.

For all else, I have CD's, good for data, and umm, well they work quite nicely.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
-my brain

-bookmarks

-folders

-people

-signs

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I have over a terabyte of storage capacity, and a rather extensive collection of bookmarks. I use the firefox plugin xmarks (formerly foxmarks) to keep those bookmarks safe and synchronized across multiple workstations.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I have mostly books though I use an extension on firefox called Zotero as a bookmark catalogue when Im on the internet. Very good for doing research projects.

Most of the time I store what I read in my head. Its a lot easier.

[edit on 24/8/2009 by Persicoana]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
What about those bookmarks? I don't know what you mean with this word.
Is it like saving a site in your favourites?

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I use bookmarks, backups, cds, dvds, usb drives, external hard drives, memory sticks, paper, pictures, embeded in my art, holiday cards, bags, notebooks, shoes, wallet, mp3 player, ebook reader, xbox, camera, locked cases, and ofcourse my brain.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I use Mercury Tainted memory in my brain.

And Firefox and ScrapBook (saves a webpage exactly as it appeared onto your HD.)

Use FEBE to backup sometimes.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Most of us came here originally for alien stuff, and most of us know all the alien stuff on this site now, and how that game plays.

So if you have any understanding of how people work, you can see alot of threads as not worth while, as you know where they will go.

There really is not that much info, that people need on these sites, though some technical peoples knowledge is handy sometimes.

top topics

join