It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A chilling movie about Alien Abduction. The 4th Kind......something has awaken in me, a type of

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I stumbled upon this. It will be coming to the theatures this fall I think. I thought Whitley Stribers Communion movie was good. But this looks to take the "realism" factor even further. I will tell you this. Ever since I was a child until present day I have always known two thing. I have been obsesssed with Aliens, and OWLS. Some of my very first Child "flash" type of memmories have been of strange lights in the sky. As a 3 year old child, I had a birthday cake in the shape of a ufo, and that was back in 1977. Since then I have ammassed quit a collection of UFO books, and media. And as I sit here I am looking at the many statues and painting of OWLS in myy house. After seeing this trailer..... well I still dont know if the hair standing on my neck is a good or bad thing. Take a look at the trailer, on the official movie site.

www.thefourthkind.net...

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
That just freaked the F#$K out of me!

What is it with all these movies coming out lately that include topics that have been discussed for decades, ie Sumer, 2012 ect.

Are they getting us ready for something big, a farce or a big let down?

[edit on 24-8-2009 by breakingdradles]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
What was up with the 3:33.....

I used to see that one All the time!

I have to admit, i couldn't watch anything after that..it was too freaky for me...

[edit on 24-8-2009 by mellisamouse]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mellisamouse
What was up with the 3:33.....

I used to see that one All the time!

I have to admit, i couldn't watch anything after that..it was too freaky for me...

[edit on 24-8-2009 by mellisamouse]

lol, yeah, it's too late for that stuff!

Now I'm going to have to sleep with the TV on and a handgun.

Thanks a lot jasonspaz! lol

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jasonspaz

Owls are a great thing, they represent wisdom. Goddess Athena has an owl as one of her animals.

If owls are around, they are protecting you and you are lucky.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound

If owls are around, they are protecting you and you are lucky.

..unless of course, it is an alien pretending to an owl - then you are screwed.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Looks really interesting. Sort of taking communion to an extra scary level

Thanks for sharing this

Camt wait to see it

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Owls are unique - if an alien adopted an owl disguise I would see it for sure, lol.

Also owls would owt them - geddit?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Gotta say, that was pretty BA.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
interesting, id watch it for sure.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jasonspaz

I've seen this trailor before...... it wasn't scary then & it's not scary now..... it's just another Alien type movie.... SCI-FI

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Looks interesting.
Is it based on any particular case?
In the trailer they mention a town in Alaska which has more abductions than any other town in the US-Is this based in reality,and if it is,where is the info about the true cases?
Looks like a good film to watch late one stormy night in a log cabin in the woods!

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Very interesting looking. I will def. have to give this movie a go when it releases. I too am curious if this is based off of any real evidence, or did they just pick Gnome and make a story to sell movie tickets?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
man this looks like a good movie, especially if they did pick up some kind of sumerian speech and that is based on the truth, that is really, really weird. Seems to be they are talking of ancient astronauts too. I just wish they made a movie out of the real footage.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
As Tommy Boy would say, SON-OF-A, that looks real creepy.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Aliens scare the heck out of ALOT Of people. Pictures of the 'Grey' can cause hard knuckled men to shiver for unknown reasons.

I myself would rather look away than see a picture of the common type of aliens. Whether instinct, or whatever its hard to say. I have had pretty full on dreams about attempting to run from 'unknown' entities, and it ends usually after them saying something along the lines of "You cannot run". Almost like loudspeaker, in my head. But these are dreams im quite sure.

I do not know if ive been abducted before, however these dreams could be caused by reading about alien abductions, the fact im a triplet in real life and almost will for something to appear in the night skies when its clear ;d

Anyway, just some of my thoughts.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Anyone catch the name of the doctor lady,right at the start of the trailer?
The one being played by Mia Jovidich(SP)?
I can't view the vid at the moment,but could someone get her name and google it for us please-as she may have reported about the real story somewhere.
It would be great to read about the events this film is based upon.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Be aware!! Movie makers have had years of experience(trial and error) to figure out what works, how to push the envelope, raise an emotional response, and turning those emotions into $$.

I think it was Steven King who said something like this:
if I cannot shock you I will horrify you,
if I cannot horrify you I will repulse you,
if I cannot repulse you I will mortify you.

If he didn't say it, I just did. That is the way most horror writers and movie producers see it.

Guard yourself and prepare yourself.....tell yourself it's only a movie. Get out and go for a walk in the country...out of the city if you can.....maybe near a lake or on a beach. Feel the earth and the air; breath it, smell it, experience it, meditate on it.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
Anyone catch the name of the doctor lady,right at the start of the trailer?
The one being played by Mia Jovidich(SP)?
I can't view the vid at the moment,but could someone get her name and google it for us please-as she may have reported about the real story somewhere.
It would be great to read about the events this film is based upon.

We had a thread about this before:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Somebody discovered that the disappearances are factual, but the rest of it, well, nothing has been found yet.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
alaskapsychiatryjournal.org...

Found this just poking around after about 5 min of googling nome abductions. Not much at all, but a start.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join