It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Unemployment Edges Up to Great Depression Level"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
is using a cardboard sign at an intersection what happens to you after a year or more of unemployment //>?

www.youtube.com...

width="425" height="344"> "http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/MLAO_utFHCI&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by truth/seeker
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

well said, I wonder what the real unemployment numbers are? not

the ones we are told.

Well someone better tell the Press and Obama ..... CAUSE just this week everything is getting better and the future is bright again....

ROFL if I could afford tooooo

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The U-3 unemployment isn't 9.7%. That is a beautiful lie. The reality for August was 10.98% or thereabouts,whilst september U-3 will be 11.55%.
They will no doubt not even change it for September.

And U-6 (include all the people who have stopped looking for work,which is millions + all the housewives and mothers who are in the same boat, they aren't loking for work. And there are at least 10 million housewives in the USA who fall under that category)
And I'm not even adding people who have part-time jobs. Without them alone the U-6 is 20.3% and september will be around 21.4%

25 percent by the end of Decemer !

This 9.7% is a joke. People are falling off the jobless claims in hundreds of thosuands each month now and STILL unemployment is rising.

34% by June U-6

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I figured I'd post the unemployment rate of California, considering that California is a major part of the backbone of the U.S. economy. As of the end of August, California has a unemployment rate of 12.2%, which is a new modern record. I wouldn't be surprised if this rose to 15% by the end of the year.

The issues with California, come about due to their nanny state policies and programs, which affect the California budget. If the budget is in the red, taxes go up, if taxes go up, individuals and companies leave the state or close, when companies leave or close, unemployment goes up. Kill the nanny state, and your budget will begin to balance itself out. The problem here is that, politicians are only looking for the next vote, and not concerning themselves with doing what's best for the state and it's economy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join