It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(MSWC) Minding My Own Business

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I had a lot on my mind. While trying to donate a kidney and during the pretesting, they had found a 1.3cm nodule in my right lung. This was terrible news to me because what if my stupid nodule prevents me from being a donor. Someone will die. It was a typical day of running errands. When you work for a business that operates 24 hours a day and seven days a week, you get very little free time if you are a part owner.
Hurry here then hurry there, there is never enough time to think a thought. I needed to stop by Shadyside Hospital to get the petscan then stop by Giant Eagle for groceries and supplies. I would then need to rush home again before the evening hours at the business. How did I end up in this state anyway? Why did I agree to this boarding kennel business?? Am I nuts??? I need to go back to converting software.
Standing in the first floor lobby of the hospital it occured to me that I need to slow down somewhere, somehow, before I'm crazier than a McKeesrocks rat. They say its something in the water there. The flashing lights and the feeling in the atmosphere should have alerted me but it didn't. I enter the elevator and push the button for the sixth floor. As the elevator stopped on the second floor I knew I was going to be late for the freekin test. The door opens and a nurse rolls in an elderly woman on a hospital bed. I move to the back corner to make room. I find myself wondering what this poor soul has to go thru. Suddenly the atmosphere changes again and there is a blinding flash. I know what I'm seeing and I know what I'm hearing and as always no one else seems too. "Tell Margaret we are here" the angel says. No, I can't . I can't say anything to her. Not now please, Im begging in my mind. " Tell her" the angel softly says. I begin to shuffle my feet. Realizing time seems frozen yet it cannot be, so I must decide fast.
" Um excuse me", " I know this is going to sound really weird but there are two angels by your bed" I say to the elderly woman. One says, "Tell Margaret we are here and not to worry as we will not leave her and all will be well." The nurse snapped her metal file shut, and with seething in her voice, the nurse informs me that "This patients name is Ann". With tear filled eyes, the patient slowly lifts a finger an whispers , "wait". "It's true my name is Ann", she whispers as if its difficult for her to speak or even breath. " My conformation name is Margaret. So I suppose if angels wanted to talk to me they would call me Margaret". She smiles at me and whispers "thank you".
Oh good....it's the sixth floor. I hope im not to late for the petscan or I will have to reschedule. As I step off the elevator Im thinking that I need to learn to mind my own business.

Note to moderator : this is my official entry in the short story contest. Please delete my first attempt at this story in mrwumpys thread announcing the contest. I didn't understand the rules at first so my post was too short and in the wrong place.
Thank you for your patience. Respectfully, Magantice

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Magantice

Very cool Magantice! I get a feel for what the character is going through in your story. It leaves a few unanswered questions that I can almost fill in for myself. Like how was it that your character was able to see those two angels and relay messages from them to the elderly Margaret? Through the characters business and gestures, you can tell this is old hat already, so there must be a lot more to tell about this character. I enjoyed this Magantice, thank you.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Thank you for your kind words Jackflap. I have lots of characters up my sleve but writting is NOT my best talent although I wish it were. I hope to do some collabrative writting with some of you here in the future.
Respectfully, Magantice

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Welcome to the writing forums Magantice, I hope you enter the contests every month. You show much promise as a contributing writer. I'll also see about getting your status upgraded to writer as well.

Your story left me hoping the angels are there by my side when the time comes, and someone is there who can let me know.

S & F and I hope you do well in the contest,

new topics

top topics

join