It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fed-up Marine has guns blazing to oust Democrats

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Atleast he is trying to put himself in a posistion to try and make a differance.

For some reason or another you feel the need to belittle him.

I didn't know if it was sarcasm or not.. but I agree, I saw no reason to bash the poor fella just because he's running for office.

His principles are those that I agree with, if he were running in my District, he would have my vote.

Originally posted by mike dangerously

Oh,joy that's just what we need right now another politician who will mindlessly do exactly what The Military/Industrial complex wants.Mr.Kelly go back your construction business.I have a feeling that after going one round with the TPTB in Washington he will be sounding the retreat.

Just because he is a Soldier does NOT mean he is "in bed with the Industrial military complex" ... Give our men and women in uniform a little credit, they are not mindless drones there to do the bidding of their masters. Believe it or not, I heard this crazy story once that Soldiers in the US Military were really Humans. Yup, you read that correctly. Humans.. they even have their own personalities, political beliefs, ethics and morals. Crazy, huh?

[edit on 8/24/2009 by Rockpuck]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
As much as you'd like to belittle this Marine, your attitude begs the question:

What have you done lately?

Good question. Based on what has been presented here, I can see no basis for attacking his character. At least this guy has served his country and more importantly, he seems to understand that we have a Constitution. That's more than I can say for most of them.

If I were in his district, he'd have my vote, no question about it.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valorian
I honestly think this is DISGUSTING from an ex-marine, infact from anyone claiming to be educated and 1st world.

I think it's disgusting any any ex-marine or active marine NOT to take this initiative.

If you swore to protect your country but don't.... then your one of the bad guys.

It's going to war that they should NOT do, it's ousting corruption that they should!

Anyone who disagrees is confused

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   

This ex-Marine has my vote. He IS in my district, running against Giffords.
I am not impressed with Giffords in the least. She voted for the cap and trade, because she has commercial interests, i.e. land, that she controls that has been sold to develop solar power. A rape of the Arizona desert: worse than land developers building homes on the land.
The media was not very complimentary to Kelly after taking over the town hall meeting that Giffords abandoned. Not surprising, considering the liberal slant to the local media. The media spun the event to make Giffords look good.

I am not intimidated by the appearance of a firearm, either in real life, or in an advertisement. To myself, it shows someone with enough intestinal fortitude to stand up for his/ her rights. If we do not exercise those rights, we are more apt to lose them.

CX

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Thanks.

I do hope the guy does well, if he's honest at least it's a start, but i just fear he'll be played like the others.

CX.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I think all of you should run for office.
Seriously, most of you are more informed on these matters then I would imagine the president is.
If you want to make a difference put the people without interests in the commercial industry in offices.
All we have are money politicians just lining their pockets and sitting back doing ....... well taking more money from us thats about it.

To the Brave Marine

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Just because he is a Soldier does NOT mean he is "in bed with the Industrial military complex" ... Give our men and women in uniform a little credit, they are not mindless drones there to do the bidding of their masters.

Correct...and i'd also like to add that Ron Paul...who is STRONGLY anti-war...received more campaign contributions from individuals in the military than any other candidate.

Why?

Because Ron Paul stands by the Constitution...just as military personnel are sworn to do.

I don't know if this guy is against the war or not...but if we are too stop overspending...the wars HAVE TO END.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

[

Atleast he is trying to put himself in a posistion to try and make a differance.

For some reason or another you feel the need to belittle him.

Is he? Or, like Ron Paul, is he just another govt agent trying to convince us he's anti-govt.?

To me there is one litmus test for govt critics. Will they admit 911 was an inside job. Ron paul won't say that. Will this guy?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Make Speed Limit 45
To me there is one litmus test for govt critics. Will they admit 911 was an
inside job. Ron paul won't say that. Will this guy?

I'm not so sure that is a very good litmus test, since there are still too many unknowns with 9/11. And remember that RP did say he would be in favor of a new investigation. I personally don't believe we can qualify people for office just based on whether they think 9/11 was an inside job or not.

As far as Kelly goes, maybe someone should email him and ask his feelings about it.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I'm not so sure that is a very good litmus test, since there are still too many unknowns with 9/11. And remember that RP did say he would be in favor of a new investigation.

Yes RP called for a new investigation and that proves my point since it will just be another whitewash and he knows it. The govt is never going to admit it staged the greatest terror attack in american history.

Certainly we do not know the full story of 911 but we do know it was an inside job and every true govt critic should be willing to say that.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Make Speed Limit 45

If Dr. Paul declared 9/11 an inside job he would get laughed out of Washington and have to retire back in Texas. Dr. Paul does us much more good residing in Washington than he does in Texas .. I don't fault him for not being so vocal in the matter, though personally I believe he doesn't believe in the "official story"

Give the man some credit eh? He's thought of as a loon enough as it is.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

If Dr. Paul declared 9/11 an inside job he would get laughed out of Washington and have to retire back in Texas. Dr. Paul does us much more good residing in Washington than he does in Texas .. I don't fault him for not being so vocal in the matter, though personally I believe he doesn't believe in the "official story"

I guarantee he doesn't believe the official story. Every member of congress has known for 8 years it was an inside job. And yet they all continue to cover-up the mass murder of 3000 americans by their own govt. There is no way to spin that good.

And BTW - RP would not get laughed out of DC if he told the truth. Too many americans would agree with him.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Watch....in 20 or 30 years from now he will either be a carbon copy of John McCain or John Kerry...take your pick of liars.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Sorry,but I have yet to see any veteran who does not believe that whatever comes out of The Pentagon is not the gospel truth.Put any former serviceman or woman in office and they will toe the line for the Defense Industry especially during a election year.Don't be fooled by all the populist jargon this guy is using.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

Hi, I'm active duty and I don't believe everything coming out of the Pentagon is the gospel truth.

Nice to meet you, now you met one. Maybe if some of my buddies choose to make an account on ATS you could meet them to.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike dangerously

Sorry,but I have yet to see any veteran who does not believe that whatever comes out of The Pentagon is not the gospel truth.Put any former serviceman or woman in office and they will toe the line for the Defense Industry especially during a election year.Don't be fooled by all the populist jargon this guy is using.

bwahaha.. you dont know any veteran.

I was never in the military.. but even i'm not stupid enough to think ANYONE puts blind trust into anyone in Washington

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
C'mon folks, lets not get our hopes up with this guy, because if you ask me, his opposition in Washington will put up every road block possible so that his legislative ideas never see the light of day. I think any fresh face is good considering all the empty suits that have been in Washington for years living off the fat of the land and doing nothing. However, I would have liked a candidate to be successful on their own merits rather than walk the party line of say a Republican or Democrat. In other words, we need progressive free-thinkers and ones that refrain from latching on as dingle berries to the rhetoric and talking points of the Republican or Democrat parties.

I commend the Marine for jumping in the fray and seizing the opportunity from the no show, Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords. His hard-line campaign rhetoric may work on the voters in Arizona but he is in for a rude awakening when he arrives to Washington; if it is in his cards to do so? All anyone can hope for is that this guy thinks for himself and maintains the resoluteness of a Marine by whom he represents with his campaign ads.

He must stand by his constituents and actively maintain correspondence with his district and must do so as an independent thinker; free from the shackles of party loyalty. In other words, I would have liked for him to stand on his own rather than ramp up any particular party. However, I, being a realist, knows that for anyone to get their foot in the door in Washington; one must whore themselves to a big ticket party like the Republicans or Democrats. From a Veteran of the Navy to this up-and-coming future politician, best of luck, and please by all means, think for yourself and follow the confines of the Constitution with every bill you draft and every vote you give!

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51
C'mon folks, lets not get our hopes up with this guy, because if you ask me, his opposition in Washington will put up every road block possible so that his legislative ideas never see the light of day. I think any fresh face is good considering all the empty suits that have been in Washington for years living off the fat of the land and doing nothing. However, I would have liked a candidate to be successful on their own merits rather than walk the party line of say a Republican or Democrat. In other words, we need progressive free-thinkers and ones that refrain from latching on as dingle berries to the rhetoric and talking points of the Republican or Democrat parties.

I have to agree with you, he will not be supported by the national parties.

There were quite a few Iraq vets running for Congress in the East and Florida last year and they all lost and they all were great outstanding Constitutional-minded candidates.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join