It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fed-up Marine has guns blazing to oust Democrats

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Fed-up Marine has guns blazing to oust Democrats

www.wnd.com

In the battleground of American political power, candidates for office tend to use every weapon at their disposal to be heard above the din.

Now, a U.S. Marine who helped lead the initial charge into Iraq to oust Saddam Hussein is taking that approach literally by brandishing his M-16 assault rifle in some eye-catching campaign fundraising ads.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.votejessekelly.com

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   

To date, the former infantryman says he's collected about $100,000, expecting to need up to $1.5 million to win the race.

Regarding his "tough guy" theme, Kelly said, "People are sick of politicians from all parties. They're lying to them. People want someone to fight for them in Washington and that's the message I want to convey."

After being honorably discharged in 2004 and taken off inactive reserve last year, Kelly now works in the private sector as a project manager for a construction company that handles commercial water and sewer projects.

While he says he always loved politics, he never had a desire to be a politician.

But that all changed with the election of Barack Obama – whom Kelly calls a "radical president" – and the signing of the stimulus bill "monstrosity."

"They're spending us off the cliff!" he exclaimed. "They're destroying this nation, and while I'm still breathing, I will not let it happen. It's time to be 'in your face.'"

Hmm. Limited Government. Fiscal Sanity. Free Market Solutions.

So says his campaign website, linked above.

Well Mr. Kelly. Can you tell us why we need another WARRIOR in congress? Like we don't have enough of those already?

I’m going to Washington to fight once again for my country. It is different from the battles that I fought as a United States Marine, but the goal is the same. The goal is liberty and security: security in knowing that my health will not be decided by faceless bureaucrats, security that my taxes will not increase and sink my job and my family, security in knowing that my young son will grow up in a free and prosperous nation. But I cannot do this alone. This is the time to get involved. This is a call to action.

Oh really? And tell us, Mr. Kelly, how is it you plan to supercede the bigtime powers that be once you get there? Hmm? You think one measily rifle is going to do anything against the vast network of corporate interest and corruption that exists?

Have you forgotten what Obama promised the American people, that he was going to end the war on his first day in office??

How about you? Will YOU push to end the wars and get our troops- your comrades- back to live the rest of their lives instead of being blown up by some faceless IED or sniper bullet?

Please. Inquiring minds want to know.

www.wnd.com

[edit on Mon Aug 24th 2009 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Atleast he is trying to put himself in a posistion to try and make a differance.

For some reason or another you feel the need to belittle him.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
OH HECK YEAH!!!!

About time!!!

He has my vote if I can vote for him in any way, shape or manner...

I will campaign for him

Exactly what the United States needs, exactly at the right time!!!!

OUTSTANDING!!!

Semper

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Hell I'm British and I'd vote for him.

More power to you mate. Bout time someone stood up for the little people, but I can never help but wonder how long before the bright lights and Dollar bills start to blind him , or else anyone going into politics for that matter.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I have two words:

OOO BLEEPIN RAH!!!!

This guy is a winner.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Lots of respect, for a man who honestly respects the Constitution.

I hope he gets enough contributions and attention.

CX

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Whilst it does sound all well and good, even as one myself i have to ask why ex servicemen always get the thumbs up for running for office?

Don't get me wrong, most soldiers are great to have by your side when the SHTF, but i'm not sure i'd want them running the country. If John McCain (also an ex-serviceman) had won, do you think we'd be in another war by now? Probably.

Tough talk is great, but as we know, the first day in office they'll be told, "sit down, shut up..this is how it's going to go".

As with all potential politicians, people say lots of things whilst campaigning for office.

CX.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
This man will get my vote too.

It is about time we get into power Americans who want to defend and uphold the CONSTITUTION OF THESE UNITED STATES, including the Bill of Rights of course.

Too many Americans are too complacent in allowing for the destruction of the Republic, and the ideals for which it has ALWAYS stood.

The administration might even try to reinstate this Marine back to active duty, and send him to the ME to get him out of the way...

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   

A video from Code Pink... Where can I hurl?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
As much as you'd like to belittle this Marine, your attitude begs the question:

What have you done lately?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by VinceP1974

A video from Code Pink... Where can I hurl?

What's wrong with code pink: women for peace?

www.codepinkalert.org...

Had me worried there for a minute...I thought...oh nvm...

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   

I remember this guy the article is about.

A few weeks ago , a Democrat Congresswoman was supposed to be at a townhall meeting , and she backed out at the last minute, like a coward.

This Kelly guy took over the meeting in her absence.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Oh,joy that's just what we need right now another politician who will mindlessly do exactly what The Military/Industrial complex wants.Mr.Kelly go back your construction business.I have a feeling that after going one round with the TPTB in Washington he will be sounding the retreat.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

What's wrong with code pink: women for peace?

www.codepinkalert.org...

Had me worried there for a minute...I thought...oh nvm...

Medea Benjimin is a Communist.. and I'm sure not the only one.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   

To date, the former infantryman says he's collected about $100,000, expecting to need up to $1.5 million to win the race.

Regarding his "tough guy" theme, Kelly said, "People are sick of politicians from all parties. They're lying to them. People want someone to fight for them in Washington and that's the message I want to convey."

After being honorably discharged in 2004 and taken off inactive reserve last year, Kelly now works in the private sector as a project manager for a construction company that handles commercial water and sewer projects.

While he says he always loved politics, he never had a desire to be a politician.

But that all changed with the election of Barack Obama – whom Kelly calls a "radical president" – and the signing of the stimulus bill "monstrosity."

"They're spending us off the cliff!" he exclaimed. "They're destroying this nation, and while I'm still breathing, I will not let it happen. It's time to be 'in your face.'"

Hmm. Limited Government. Fiscal Sanity. Free Market Solutions.

So says his campaign website, linked above.

Well Mr. Kelly. Can you tell us why we need another WARRIOR in congress? Like we don't have enough of those already?

I’m going to Washington to fight once again for my country. It is different from the battles that I fought as a United States Marine, but the goal is the same. The goal is liberty and security: security in knowing that my health will not be decided by faceless bureaucrats, security that my taxes will not increase and sink my job and my family, security in knowing that my young son will grow up in a free and prosperous nation. But I cannot do this alone. This is the time to get involved. This is a call to action.

Oh really? And tell us, Mr. Kelly, how is it you plan to supercede the bigtime powers that be once you get there? Hmm? You think one measily rifle is going to do anything against the vast network of corporate interest and corruption that exists?

Have you forgotten what Obama promised the American people, that he was going to end the war on his first day in office??

How about you? Will YOU push to end the wars and get our troops- your comrades- back to live the rest of their lives instead of being blown up by some faceless IED or sniper bullet?

Please. Inquiring minds want to know.

www.wnd.com

[edit on Mon Aug 24th 2009 by TrueAmerican]

He may only have one voice, one mind, and one rifle, but there are millions of people just like him with the same. Hopefully the former two will be the only tools needed to affect real change, rather than propaganda (and the propaganda I'm referring to are the empty promises of hope and change that a good portion of this country bought into). If all else fails, we do have the right to abolish this government and form another. This will be the result either way, and it is the goal of those who have hijacked our government to also abolish it and form another out of its ashes. This is being done by taking advantage of our naive sense of awareness and our unending apathy.

[edit on 24-8-2009 by angrysniper]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

That was a good reply CX, thanks. And I couldn't agree more. In fact, normally I wouldn't recommend former military running the country either, even though some might argue that a CIC needs to have some military experience. But after watching that town hall meeting, and reading more on his site, I must I say I am kinda liking this guy too. And I never disliked him.

The OP was written from the standpoint of what Obama claimed while running, versus what Obama DID once in office. And so naturally I suppose it sounded very antagonistic. I guess I am just at the point of boredom with what any politician says to get in office, because the fact of the matter is once they get there, it's not as they perceived it would be or as has been presented to the public. Special interests dictate everything, no matter how tough, how marine, how idealistic, or how benevolent anyone purports to be. It is a tall order to fill these days for any ethical person. Easy for the evil ones though.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   

The OP was written from the standpoint of what Obama claimed while running, versus what Obama DID once in office. And so naturally I suppose it sounded very antagonistic. I guess I am just at the point of boredom with what any politician says to get in office, because the fact of the matter is once they get there, it's not as they perceived it would be or as has been presented to the public. Special interests dictate everything, no matter how tough, how marine, how idealistic, or how benevolent anyone purports to be. It is a tall order to fill these days for any ethical person. Easy for the evil ones though.

Obama the Candidate vs Obama the Officeholder is like Dr Heckle and Mr Hyde.... it's amazing.

Though I wasn't surprised, I had him pegged as a Marxist when I started hearing his wife give speeches in Dec 07. Up until then , I thought he was a typical politician, but it wasn't until I heard her speak that I realized the language she was talking in, and that scared the crap out of me.

I'm glad people are waking up to it now.

Obama Candidate vs President:

Obama Carter

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I honestly think this is DISGUSTING from an ex-marine, infact from anyone claiming to be educated and 1st world.

This smacks of scenes one can see from the middle-east on any given day and sends the wrong type of message not only to the rest of the world but to his 9 months child who will go to bed thinking that the world can only be chnaged by use of a gun/weapon

America, why do you tyhink the world has given you the cold-shoulder and thinks you are idiots - this guy has just vocalised a vast majority of US views (not all of you granted) but does thast matter now - one for all and all for one.

This is NOT the message that needs to be promoted right now.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
If we had more guys like this running in 2010 there would be a strong chance at upsetting the political applecart in D.C. Time to oust the old cronies who have made there primary mission on the Hill to get themselves REELECTED term after term. These guys simply slither from election to election. Time to say bye bye.

I hope this guy wins. This nation could use some fresh inspiration.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join