It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Up to 11,000 U.S. veterans may have been mistakenly infected with HIV"Watch Your 6!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Hi All,

I read this article, and am awestruck. The Elite Ran Government really have bent Our troops over, and given 'it' too them; in just the same way a con man finishes off his mark. Notice in the article the VA said they 'told' the veterans. I would like to have heard that conversation; had I been a veteran there, I would've taken such a thing as a joke. Remember We are supposed to be The Land Of The Free, and Home Of The Brave.

We take care of Our own, and leave NO ONE BEHIND.

Yet, We have The Elite Government continually doing as they want, not as We want. I call that taxation without representation; aka SLAVERY!!!

So how do We take this story?? The first steps at openly limiting the lifespan of "We The Serfs"?

feeds.bignewsnetwork.com...

11,000 veterans who had colonoscopies at U.S. Veterans Affairs hospitals may have been exposed to hepatitis B, hepatitis C and HIV. The veterans were advised equipment used during their treatment was not sterilized. Of those so far that responded by having follow-up blood checks, 8 have tested positive for HIV. Twelve of the veterans have tested positive for hepatitis B, and 37 have tested positive for hepatitis C.

Wake Up, Stand Up,

Sancho

[edit on 24-8-2009 by sanchoearlyjones]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Another thing is when they were give the guys in military those shots with the air gun, the blow-back would infect the other soliders with HIV, hep-C, and what ever else.

This is really bad, alot of Vets believe in the Vetrans Hospital.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

This is totally sickening.

"Serve your country and contract a hideous disease!"

If you have been through all that agony, fear, guilt, suffering and loss that is war, and your country repays you by giving you a hideous and incurable disease, that is absolutely horrific.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Of course I want to know.. Why in the hell were they using equipment that had not been steralized? I thought that was standard medical procedure these days..

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Way to go on using the same buttprobe 11,000 freakin times without sterilizing it! I bet they saved like $100 doing that too.

Look for somebody to shoot up a VA hospital sometime soon, 11,000 exposed, one's bound to be pissed off enough.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I have heard alot of awful things about V A hospitals, but this is redicules

how could they have been so negligent, any idea as to the general age of

the vets?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DezertSkies

Hey, I guarantee had I been handed a death sentence like any one of those 11,000++++++(who knows how many times this has been done) veterans, I

would not be shooting up the VA with my fellow soldiers. NOPE THATS WRONG.

I guarantee You that I'd be killing my local State Representatives, and my US Representatives; I'd find the all the executives of the VA, and take them out too.

Never would I put other soldiers in harms way

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
That's just simply awful. I wonder if they were informed before the procedure the the equipment was not properly sterilized. An I'm curious to why so many veterans needed colonoscopy, was it part of a screening for colon cancer?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Talk about pissed.

I frigging hate this our US gov't, more and more every day.

Our soldiers are mostly patriots, fighting for their country, NOT for their politicians, and the elitist politicians hate them. And the cowardly politicians detest patriots, patriotism, and it shows.

On this, we should be up in arms for, raising one helluva stink.

Our troops fight for us. We should fight for them.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mandrake

At a certain age many people get a colonoscopy.

Its for a physical people get when they turn 50 I believe, could be 40.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Thats true, but they did 11,000 before they figured out the instruments

were maybe infected.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by truth/seeker

Sounds like they didn't follow the directions provided by the manufacturer.

The article says the equipment was rinsed instead of sterilized as the manufacterers instructions required.

If this happened at one hospital I would say they were lazy. But this happened at several so I am assuming that they were using new equipment that need sterilization instead of being rinsed.

To me it sounds as if they treated the new equipment like their old one and didn't bother reading the instructions. An unfortunate mistake that should have been avoided.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

When my ex-husband was stationed at Fort Ord CA. it was discovered that one of the base hospital anesthesiologists on staff working in that position for 10 years was actually hired as a janitor.

When interviewed after this horific blunder was found, he explained he had been there for about 4 days when soneone mistakenly thought he was the anesthesiologist attending on the pending surgery, so he just went along with it and faked his way through the procedure.

After that, he got some books, learned a little about the job and continued to perform in the position. He said he learnd more as time went on.
I don't remember clearly how it came about but I'm pretty sure he was getting an anesthesiologists wages.

[edit on 24-8-2009 by azureskys]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
This has been done before.

My uncle is a hemophiliac (thin blood, bleeds easy) and had to go for many surgeries for a bone disease he had. He always required transfusions, so I guess some time in the 80's or maybe early 90's the canadian government thought it wise to purchase some blood from prisons in the states. (ya I know... ) Anyways, exact same results a bunch of transfusion recipients came down with HEP B+C and Aids.

After years of lawsuits I think my uncle recieved $25,000. The guys who got HIV, were awarded between $50,000-100,000... most were dead before that was awarded though.

My uncle was successfully cured of Hepatitis C. I didn't even know it could be cured, but I just talked to him recently and apparently that's what happened.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by king9072

Hi,

yep, there is a hep C treatment that is apparently very very painful. It stops the degeneration caused by the disease, but it is still contagious; in some regards.

That being said I am in shock Canada would do something like that! I can only imagine being one of those recipients. There is a tad bit of a difference. That was tainted blood. Pardon my french, but this was a case of the poo never being cleaned off an instrument by sterilization.

One of the poster's above pointed out that it wouldn't have cost anything. Besides that my gawd they were professionals......... I'm not in the health care industry, and I understand how sterility works.....

Apparently since the hospital staff warned the vets(I would've taken it as a joke) they KNEW they could be giving someone a disease.

I am awestruck at the whole situation.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
It's because of incompetent crap like this that i don't trust the VA. I will never use a VA facility. I'll take my chances with my civilian doctor.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by sanchoearlyjones
reply to post by DezertSkies

Hey, I guarantee had I been handed a death sentence like any one of those 11,000++++++(who knows how many times this has been done) veterans, I

would not be shooting up the VA with my fellow soldiers. NOPE THATS WRONG.

I guarantee You that I'd be killing my local State Representatives, and my US Representatives; I'd find the all the executives of the VA, and take them out too.

Never would I put other soldiers in harms way

Not that i condone it, but i'm just saying that out of 11,000 vets, can you be sure enough of ALL of them are stable enough for one not to fly off the handle over this? I'm not saying anyone should or that it's rational but out of 11,000 people who have alredy been treated as second class stray dogs by the VA (idk firsthand but from the outside it looks like a government horror factory) that i find it possible that this is the straw that breaks the wrong camel's back. There's 11,000 chances for it to happen out there now thanks to a massive screwup such as this.

And yeah, i'm all for these crooked "reps" and "leaders" heads on pikes, let's line the whitehouse lawn with 'em as a reminder. I'm sure we could find enough rope for all the crooked liars who caused mass death for profit to dangle illuminated by the Pennsylvania Ave streetlights from which they sway.

But really, i'm not a soldier, never served, and never been to the VA, but seeing the way that active duty peeps and vets are treated, i'm absolutely enraged over the mistreatment that happens. I just imagined that if i found out that i was infected, i'd be doing more than expressing my outrage on ATS.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I know that if they sentenced me to a slow painful death by making me take it up the poop, I would be inclined to send a few into Hell ahead of me shouting run the b*'d is coming!

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj

Of course I want to know.. Why in the hell were they using equipment that had not been steralized? I thought that was standard medical procedure these days..

You can prolly rent it for a buck or download it on the torrents
and it is called article 99.

Also I recommend born on the 4th of July.

I am not saying it is 100% how it is, but some of it is true, if not most of it.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Hey! I know!
Lets get the President and Congress to hurry up and vote for a healthcare plan for EVERYONE!

Think about it! FREE Healthcare for everyone!!!

Yeah!!!!!!!!

Govt. run would be the greatest quality.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join