It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Loud Noise

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

I've had that happen a couple of times, but I have no idea what it is. All I know is that it is LOUD!!!

One thing that I've noticed is that when I'm between wake and sleep, outside noises (meaning outside my house) are louder... whether it be a car going down the road, a plane, or whatever. I mean LOTS louder. I'm not sure why that happens, but assuming that it occasionally happens to everyone, I have a theory that it's leftover from our caveman days when we had to be aware of what predator might be sneaking up and trying to eat us during our sleep, lol! I'm not sure if this is related to the loud boom sound or not though.

Just wanted to let you know you're not alone.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

I've never had both at the same time. The noise I don't get so often, which is ironic you post this thread now, as I had one last night (Saturday night). The flashes I get are as I described, a single flash of a strobe light in my face, adn are quite often.

Do you have the ringing in your ears?

And btw - thanks for those scripture quotes. Albeit I am a very anti-religious person, to the point from my childhood that even the word Bible makes me cringe, they did kinda stand out.

With that, I'm off to bed ................ BOOM !!!

[edit on 8/24/2009 by Misfit]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Before seeking out medication for Exploding Head Syndrome, check out
how dangerous the drug can be, used by some that gave relief.

Side effects
Clomipramine may have a broad range of side effects:

central nervous system: Often, fatigue, dizziness, lightheadedness, headaches, confusion, agitation, insomnia, nightmares, increased anxiety, seizures (0.5% to 2%, see above), rarely hypomania or induction of schizophrenia (immediate termination of therapy required), and extrapyramidal side-effects (pseudoparkinsonism, dyskinesia, rarely tardive dyskinesia) are noted.

Anticholinergic side effects in different grades of severity are quite common: dry mouth, constipation, rarely ileus (paralysis of the large intestine, life-threatening), difficulties in urinating, sweating, precipitation of glaucoma (may lead to permanent eye-damage or even blindness, if untreated). The incidence of dental caries may be increased due to dry mouth.
antiadrenergic side effects occur very frequently due to strong central and peripheral blockage of alpha receptors: hypotension, postural collapse (when patient is rising too fast from lying or sitting position to standing), arrhythmias (sinus tachycardia, bradycardia, AV block, rarely other forms of cardiac problems). Preexisting heart insufficiency can be worsened.
Most of these side-effects are dose related and/or tolerance will develop with continued use.

Allergic/toxic: skin reactions and photosensitivity with increased frequency of sunburns are seen in a few percentage of cases. Rarely liver damage of the cholostatic type, hepatitis, and leukopenia or other forms of blood dyskrasia are seen, also severe acute allergy including difficulties in breathing, skin reaction, chest pain etc.
Other side effects may include heartburn, weight gain, but also nausea and bruxism - teeth-grinding while asleep - (the latter due to the strong inhibition of reuptake of serotonin).

The drug often causes sexual problems in men (e.g. impotence, ejaculation difficulties). In about 5% of patients, it can instead cause inadvertent orgasms when yawning.[3]

en.wikipedia.org...

The Brand name is Anafranil

I think I might rather have the loud noise

[edit on 24-8-2009 by azureskys]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Misfit

Yeah Misfit I do have ringing in my ears. That has been going on for so long now I barely notice any more. Recently though the ringing stopped, and it startled me because I am so used to it, the sound of everything was so loud and clear around me, I thought to myself 'so this is what it is like to not have ringing' and about that time the ringing picked back up. Sigh, well, it was great while it lasted!

Those scriptures, I found them when I was googling for 'loud sounds' and I thought it was ironic that a bible verse would say people would hear loud sounds and be accused of being drunk because the sounds weren't real, kinda matches what we are describing. I too am not a religious person, but, I am not completely closed minded to it either.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

Yeah, I would rather have the harmless explosion followed by some harmless lights and confusion any day. Jeezz, what is that stuff? They really use this to treat people? sounds more like something we might use on an enemy or something like that!

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Clomipramine (Brand name Anafranil) is a psychoactive/psychiatric drug used as an antidepressant and anxiolytic agent. It is a member of the tricyclic antidepressant (TCA) chemical class. It was developed in the 1960s by the Swiss drug manufacturer Geigy (now known as Novartis) and has been in clinical use worldwide ever since.

en.wikipedia.org...

I might even rather have my head really explode than some of that crap

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Yeah Misfit I do have ringing in my ears. That has been going on for so long now I barely notice any more

In your opinion what do you think the ringing be because of? Do you have voices that speak into your head?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

No voices in my head, just the ringing and exploding, that is enough thank you, lol! I started having the ringing when I was a kid, I punctured my eardrum seeing what happens when you stick a pencil in your ear (first grade experiement I guess), then years down the road I had that same ear perforated, I noted at that time the ringing was even louder.

I have always attributed the ringing to the first puncture, however, believe it or not through another thread and experimentation with the right information, I found that the ringing tones change and the volume also, depending on earthquake activity. Other people do this as well. See the thread on alternative methods of predicting quakes.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Heh finally found out it has a name... I too suffer from Exploding Head Syndrome (although for me its like a giant intense snap/pop with a sort of zinging build up a second or two before hand, for me I even sort of 'feel' it happen not just hear it).

Get it occasionally like the OP just before falling a sleep, had it for decades now... now I know what it is

S&F for bringing this up. Im not alone!
and it aint popping blood vessels heh phew.

Your ringing is more than likely Tinitus .. I have the Cricket swarm version of it
id hate to have the true ringing, since ive occasionally had the ringing, and its real annoying.

[edit on 24-8-2009 by BigfootNZ]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Wierd.........
I have this, uhh pop, snap, I cant describe it.
It happens, usually @ times of sleep.
I thought it had to do with my past, my openess towards alternative meds. LoL not sure of politically correct way to say that nowadays.
I take pain meds for 17 years now.
I really thought it was do to my meds, I am glad I am not alone!
The best I can descibe it is a .22 going off or a rubberband pulled like a slingshot aimed @ my ear, resulting in visual body shock/convulsion.
Like someone jabbed you in the ribbs with a stick!
Just strange that this has started happening to me in the last few months ty for the topic.S+F

edit to add>< I am definately not a christian, not sure of your jesus sendrom? sorry!
I am sure it has nothing to do with Jesus, for I would be the last to hear if so!

[edit on 24-8-2009 by Doc Holiday]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by BigfootNZ

It does make me feel better knowing this is not just 'in my head', pardon the pun, but I thought I was going nuts!

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Yes OP, I have occasionally had this happen. It sounds like a pistol going off inside my head. Except, I have always experienced coming out of sleep. I always assumed it was the end of an OOBE while dreaming.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Sounds quite similar to what I experienced the night before yesternight.

It started with a strange travel related dream (switching between metros) then I came in the a strange Escher-like house, where all the friends I had when I was 8 were present. I was a child in this 2nd part of the dream.
After that there a was a scene where the whole family was present sitting on couches in the same strange house. I was sitting among them. Then somebody told me my mother died (irl she died 13 years ago). First I didn't process the news. Then I started crying in the dream. Immediately the family noticed it and came towards me to comfort me. While they were still moving towards me, I felt my eyes turning away, the image became dark. It was like a big pressing emptiness filled my body, and for a second I heard a loud Krrrrchhhhhhh (pitch going upwards) and I woke up.
I was quite shaken by the sound and to prevent falling in the same dream immediately again, I read some stuff on my mobile.
Time was 2:20, which surprised me, normally I dream arround 5/6 hour.

Happy to read some theories in this thread.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
hi everyone, i know this is an old post but last week i had a strange experience when i was drifting off to sleep. my eyes were closed and i saw a flash through my eyelids and at the same time a sort of electrical click sound.

at first i thought maybe we'd had a power cut and it was the digital alarm clock that flashed really bright, this would have also explained the click, but the alarm clock was fine. so i started to drift off when exactly the same thing happened again 2 more times. after this i tried to keep my eyes open to see if it would happen again, it didn't and i eventually fell asleep.

the next day i remembered what had happened and then remembered back to around october last year when shortly after falling asleep on the sofa i started to feel like my body was vibrating, it felt like it was getting faster and i was starting to panic, telling myself to wake up over and over again until after about a minute i finally did. when i did wake up my hubby was looking over at me and said ''are you ok?'' he was looking pretty concerned so i explained what had happened and he said i was making a really strange noise as though i was trying to shout something.

i've recently learnt that the flash and click i experienced has a name, auditory sleep start syndrome or exploding brain syndrome as someone posted earlier. i have also learnt that the vibrating whilst trying to make myself wake up is called sleep paralysis- which i now do remember experiencing this occasionally as a child but had forgotten.

strange thing is that after having the ''sleep paralysis'' back in october it wasn't long before several issues in this world started to become obvious and at the same time i come to realise without a doubt in my mind that God and Jesus was real, this latter and most important part happened in only the space of a couple of hours. i couldn't get over how i'd gone from always wanting to believe in God but just not being able to, to knowing that it is all true.

i'm only just getting to grips with the bible so i decided to read acts 2:3 to see what the link was and i must say its kind of interesting and i'm going to study it a bit further

Sorry for babbling on, but i just thought i would share my experience, its only been approx 4 months but i have learnt more in this time than i have in my whole life,

thank you

top topics

<< 1   >>

join